Kanye's Vanity vol. The Politics of Black Self-Love

Regardless of what yall sayin right now, I'm on board. I **** with my brother Ye.

"The system broken. The schools closed, the prisons open"

When i first read the tracklist and saw I Am A God

I was legit laughing hard as hell my exact words were "Man I Cant deal with this ****** ego, is he even serious"
It's just sad that everyone is laughing at him for recognizing his God within, when you could be doing the same thing.

Kanye isn't stupid. I listened to this album about 4 times thoroughly now and it's not junk or jibberish, by far.
yep

white people been acting like they were gods from the beginning......kanye does it and all of sudden its a joke .....AIGHT

thats why I don't even **** w/ Christianity....white man forced that ******** on slaves...pushed that ******** in african nations that they took control over

nothing sad than seeing a black person worship a blue eyed blonde hair white man 
roll.gif
roll.gif

They wont let Ye get away with this much longer though... Like I said on Twitter, defamation of character or something worse is soon to come.

Already killed his mom, but he still going in. He know what he's in for. Prolly why he used Kim for his seed. Kim was a vessel, amongst other things, but that could be another discussion in itself.

Last edited:
They wont let Ye get away with this much longer though... Like I said on Twitter, defamation of character or something worse is soon to come.

Already killed his mom, but he still going in. He know what he's in for. Prolly why he used Kim for his seed. Kim was a vessel, amongst other things, but that could be another discussion in itself.

what u mean kim i s avessel?

drake is the new kanye

That's funny.

WARNING: Yeezy season approaching.

For those of you saying Yeezus is trash, there was no real lyricism, we want old yeezy back, I have this to say to you. You're opinions aren't valid here.

I'm really gonna break lines down right now :lol:

1. On Sight
A: "A monster about to come alive again, soon as I pull up and park the Benz"
Ya'll about to get a 2013 dose of Kanye. We all knew he was a beast, but skeptics have been out in full force since 808's.

B: "Black timbs all on your couch again"
I just liked this cause of the Chappelle reference.

C: The rest of the verse just defends his ego/girl. He gives no dambs about her past.

2. Black skinhead
A: "But watch who you bring home
They see a black man wit a white woman at the top floor they gon' come to kill king kong"
My favorite bars, but the rest of the verse follows the tone. Everybody against one of "us".

3. I Am a God
A: "Soon as they like you make 'em unlike you. Cause kissing people *** is so unlike you"
Very few in show business stands on their own with their own opinion like Ye does. After he got on(and after his mom died. coincidence?) he said f everybody who doesn't like what I make. As far as he's concerned, nobody can tell him nothing. He is a god( in his eyes). Few hate him, others are just on the bandwagon. The article OP posted has a lot of truths, not 100% truth, but most.

4. New Slaves
Self explanatory for the most part.

So many lines could be interchanged with anything from any of his albums and you guys wouldn't think any less of those albums. I await your rebuttal and proof.

As far as production goes, it's still top notch. I don't really see it as him conforming to what's hot now, but more as getting inspiration from some of the things that are hot now. The way he puts his own spin on it is really amazing to ME. Few artists make it through 6 albums and not only keep up with the times but stay at the top all the way through. Not only did Kanye do that, but he did it as a black hip-hop/rap artists/producer, putting out what HE wanted.

Last edited:
all that is left for kanye to do in his musical "evolution" is to release some sort of yoko ono screaming track and the fan's will eat it up...

all that is left for kanye to do in his musical "evolution" is to release some sort of yoko ono screaming track and the fan's will eat it up...
The stan's will continue to praise him for his penetrating musical and philosophical genius. He can go for any form of experimental music and it will interpreted as breaking grounds and showing unparalleled depth and creativity. He can drop a box full of nails down the stairs and that will be seen as breaking free from oppression or some other ish. People are falling for the savior act that he's putting up.

drake is the new kanye

WOW. Just WOW. When did Kanye ever make songs where he was crying and simping all over them aside from 808's? Drake is a joke. How that lame is popular is still beyond me.

And everyone saying the lyrics are bad better not be Ross or Wayne fans.

Very serious. Drake makes better music than 80% of the stuff on Kanyes last 3 albums.

Take Care was worse than every single Kanye album ever released. Hell it was worse than every decent album to come out in the past 2 years. But ok then.... :rofl:

Take Care was dope. A lot of "soft" songs but hey if youre too gangster and need some heavy stuff then I guess yeah it was whack.

If I want "soft" songs, I'll listen to The Weeknd, Frank Ocean, etc. I rather listen to Childish Gambino's simp tracks than Drakes, but that's just me.

How come Drake gets a pass but Ja Rule got hated on heavy for singing? How am I supposed to take Drake seriously when he attempts to be hard?

I rocked with So Far Gone, I admittedly liked a few tracks from Take Care and Thank Me Later, but as a whole it's nothing special to me.

The BEST thing about Take Care is "Lord Knows" and 85% of that is the beat Just Blaze blessed Drake and Ross with, and Kendricks part on Marvin's Room.

It just baffles me when people make statements like "Top 10"...... how can that be when he has released 2 VERY mediocre albums, one of which can barely be considered a rap album :smh:

I tend to forget though this board is full of people under the age of 20.

Get back to me when Drake puts out his 6th solo album, and makes a Watch The Throne, and has HALF the stage presence as Kanye. Only way I'd ever watch Drake perform is if he were at a festival I was at.

End Rant. :smokin

Last edited:
The stan's will continue to praise him for his penetrating musical and philosophical genius. He can go for any form of experimental music and it will interpreted as breaking grounds and showing unparalleled depth and creativity. He can drop a box full of nails down the stairs and that will be seen as breaking free from oppression or some other ish. People are falling for the savior act that he's putting up.

Cheers.

^I was mostly with you until you said "makes a Watch The Throne". I'm sure him and Wa_n_ are VERY capable of making an underwhelming at best joint album like them :lol:

Ehhh you either love or hate WTT. The memories I have behind that album make the album for me. For the longest time that was my go to album at the gym.

And don't act like Jay didn't spazz at the end of Who Gon Stop Me :smokin

wait, people actually think Watch the Throne and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy were bad albums?? Can't think of better albums that came out those years. Maybe they weren't Kanye's best but def miles ahead of anything else to come out around the same time.

wait, people actually think Watch the Throne and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy were bad albums?? Can't think of better albums that came out those years. Maybe they weren't Kanye's best but def miles ahead of anything else to come out around the same time.

Because there was nothing else better does not make them good.

Ehhh you either love or hate WTT. The memories I have behind that album make the album for me. For the longest time that was my go to album at the gym.

And don't act like Jay didn't spazz at the end of Who Gon Stop Me :smokin

The lyrics weren't at all the problem on there...

Back
Top Bottom