Kanye's Vanity vol. The Politics of Black Self-Love

At this point, it doesn't matter what Ye does, some people gone love it. Hell, even for what he doesn't do( since people keep saying that the production was on point, even when most the album was produced by other people)

I swear its a bunch of stans that are exactly like JB Smoove in this clip

Ye could drop a whole album full of songs like this and stans will be praising him for his lyrics, production, and pushing the boundaries of music.

Last edited:
They wont let Ye get away with this much longer though... Like I said on Twitter, defamation of character or something worse is soon to come.

Already killed his mom, but he still going in. He know what he's in for. Prolly why he used Kim for his seed. Kim was a vessel, amongst other things, but that could be another discussion in itself.

Jumpin out the window...letting everything go :smh:

anybody notice the absence of j**** on this album?

Ive always felt like its deeper than it seems

"Its hard to be humble when you stuntin on a jumbo tron"

I don't want to make any excuses for kanye but It seems since his mom died, he hasn't had any family to keep him grounded. Combine that with becoming a global icon and I'd like to see y'all walk in those shoes

wait, people actually think Watch the Throne and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy were bad albums?? Can't think of better albums that came out those years. Maybe they weren't Kanye's best but def miles ahead of anything else to come out around the same time.

WTT was extremely underwhelming from the start and just did not work, neither of them have chemistry and Ye' was playing catchup the entire album.

MBDTW is a solid album, not great.

^Basically. Had I not bought the deluxe edition of WTT, that would've easily been frisbeed. I got caught up in the event of Watch The Throne, and the actual music ended up being a huge letdown.

i wish he shared the love for black culture as much as himself, social awareness he showed on music to excellence is needed as much as new slaves, I know what he was getting at on the album,
he just excuted it poorly on yeezus point blank period, also show you care for hip hop, by challenging the hip hop ear as much as he wants to challenge the POP ear. I feel like he want be album untill he wins album of the year, and at this point it aint happening.

:lol: :rofl:

Ya'll dont understand. And I'm not saying that to be cliche, but son is just going over a lot of peoples heads with this consciously, but he really ******g with you subconsciously. He ******g with America.

Bound 2 is a track just to say "I haven't lost it. I can still do it, but that's not the point of this album."

The album is a statement moreso than "music" for your entertainment. And I put music in quotes because it's obviously music, but not the type of music you want to think it is.

You think he did the cover like that on accident? It's minimal on everything BUT lyrics. And no so much lyrics as him being a "lyricist", per say, but lyrics as in the content of what he's saying.

just because you dont understand, doesnt mean that he's nice...jsut means you dont get all the ******** that he writes...

is what alot of poeple's response makes me think. I'm a Kanye fan and the minimal effort put into the words on the songs is annoying, as a fan. Nothing is over ANYONE's HEADS. Stop making blanket statements that can't even be argued, like you have the Kanye-cyclopedia and are in his head. To me, he wanted to make an album where he just played/experimented with sound. Then added in lyrics to keep it "hip-hop/rap". A good friend of mine and hip-hop head swears that this album is just like Daft Punk's Homework (i dont really agree). BUT if thats one's argument for the greatness of this album, then NO. I dont accept, because he is NOT daft punk...despite them being used on the album for production. I like the production, but don't patronize me by just spitting randomness on a track. OR is this album done in sarcasm? To prove his godliness in the reactions he gets etc...its very Llil Wayne. And you who defend it saying "its because you dont get it, hes so far ahead"..

AHEAD OF WHAT?? This is NOT jay-z level subliminals that you're still digesting years after the fact....Pleeeease.:rolleyes

Good production, not at all a rap album to me. Please be honest with yourselves and say you like the beats and thats it. because thats all it really is. The same thing that we complain about other artists, Kanye gets a pass on.

sorry didnt mean to sound liek a rant...but so many blanket statements its ridiculous. You think if you see Kanye and go, "yo man, i get your album, my friends all dont understand it". you think he'll be like, YESS THANKS MAN! YOU get it! (No, because what the f would both of you be talking about haha)

ok ok ok...just saying. Explain this:
"I am a God...
So hurry up with my damn massage...
In a French *** restaurant
HURRY UP WITH MY DAMN CROISSANTS"

...i dont get this one. someone with advanced level Kanye Course 105 credentials explain it please?

Kanye might be the worst rapper of all time (that actually tries to be decent). At least garbage rappers like Wayne and Birdman provide comedic value, kanye is just obnoxious. HAAAAH??

Last edited:
just because you dont understand, doesnt mean that he's nice...jsut means you dont get all the ******** that he writes...

is what alot of poeple's response makes me think. I'm a Kanye fan and the minimal effort put into the words on the songs is annoying, as a fan. Nothing is over ANYONE's HEADS. Stop making blanket statements that can't even be argued, like you have the Kanye-cyclopedia and are in his head. To me, he wanted to make an album where he just played/experimented with sound. Then added in lyrics to keep it "hip-hop/rap". A good friend of mine and hip-hop head swears that this album is just like Daft Punk's Homework (i dont really agree). BUT if thats one's argument for the greatness of this album, then NO. I dont accept, because he is NOT daft punk...despite them being used on the album for production. I like the production, but don't patronize me by just spitting randomness on a track. OR is this album done in sarcasm? To prove his godliness in the reactions he gets etc...its very Llil Wayne. And you who defend it saying "its because you dont get it, hes so far ahead"..

AHEAD OF WHAT?? This is NOT jay-z level subliminals that you're still digesting years after the fact....Pleeeease.:rolleyes

Good production, not at all a rap album to me. Please be honest with yourselves and say you like the beats and thats it. because thats all it really is. The same thing that we complain about other artists, Kanye gets a pass on.

sorry didnt mean to sound liek a rant...but so many blanket statements its ridiculous. You think if you see Kanye and go, "yo man, i get your album, my friends all dont understand it". you think he'll be like, YESS THANKS MAN! YOU get it! (No, because what the f would both of you be talking about haha)

ok ok ok...just saying. Explain this:
"I am a God...
So hurry up with my damn massage...
In a French *** restaurant
HURRY UP WITH MY DAMN CROISSANTS"

...i dont get this one. someone with advanced level Kanye Course 105 credentials explain it please?
We peasants are too brainwashed to understand an illiterate artist's message about Dior leather pants.

Kanye Stan's are unreal

He could flush a toilet and you guys would be like "Yeezy did it again!"

Gods are paradoxes, b.

Infinite power. He can create a million croissants at will. But he chose a lowly waiter to prove his worth by providing an offering of a pastry to his lord.

We're all gods in our own rights. Gods of self, if you will.

I'm high enough that I'm just making this up as I go and its making perfect sense somehow.

lol @ this thread though.

then they talk about me; would be lost without me.

Last edited:
Kanye might be the worst rapper of all time (that actually tries to be decent). At least garbage rappers like Wayne and Birdman provide comedic value, kanye is just obnoxious. HAAAAH??
tumblr_m8qaoqjxEr1qgqe12o1_500.gif

Please explain the brilliance of his lyrics then. "I shop so much I could speak italian"
Kanye used to be my favorite artist, until I stopped being a 17 year old Polo wearing hypebeast. so I actually have heard most of his music to say that

Last edited:
I really think some of you would go down if given the opportunity
Even though Ye has had some disappointing mis-steps in his career, dudes in here( and on NT in general) act like some kind of music geniuses and if you like something flaming is taken to an extreme that absolutely warrants the side eye of death...
YE has always been the same arrogant, cocky, weird dude(which 99.9% of this forum definately is or acts like that behind the Internet keys)....
Whoever your favorite artist is, they will never make the music "You" want them to make, just don't understand, Born Sinner quality work dudes still say hip hop is dead blah, blah
People say the same thing with GKMC...
What is it that you ninjas are truly looking for, or is it just an outlet to troll, get lulz, or rub people the wrong way... I just don't get it, if you don't like something have a real intelligent debate filled with actual knowledge and a real reason you like or dislike something, so people can have real coherent and thought provoking debates, instead of "they must be gay Stan's", that is about as juvenile as saying Ye is worst then Birdman
nawww.gif

Damn I forgot this is NT and reasonable debates are very rare like unicorns
I give up on threads like this

Last edited:
Even though Ye has had some disappointing mis-steps in his career, dudes in here( and on NT in general) act like some kind of music geniuses and if you like something flaming is taken to an extreme that absolutely warrants the side eye of death...
YE has always been the same arrogant, cocky, weird dude(which 99.9% of this forum definately is or acts like that behind the Internet keys)....
Whoever your favorite artist is, they will never make the music "You" want them to make, just don't understand, Born Sinner quality work dudes still say hip hop is dead blah, blah
People say the same thing with GKMC...
What is it that you ninjas are truly looking for, or is it just an outlet to troll, get lulz, or rub people the wrong way... I just don't get it, if you don't like something have a real intelligent debate filled with actual knowledge and a real reason you like or dislike something, so people can have real coherent and thought provoking debates, instead of "they must be gay Stan's", that is about as juvenile as saying Ye is worst then Birdman
nawww.gif

Damn I forgot this is NT and reasonable debates are very rare like unicorns
I give up on threads like this

This thesis might work at the University of Phoenix but it fails everywhere else

Back
Top Bottom