Kawhi Leonard New Balance

Lol to size 9 sales of the Kawhi on Stock X Screenshot_20200825-175646.jpg

Just trying to give an idea why something is done. Having sold shoes and learned about footwear at a few shops over 15 years I have found that there is a reason for just about everything on a shoe. The footwear industry has changed and the process for making a shoe has evolved, with weight reduction often a focus these days. These Kawhi's have so many tech features jammed into one shoe without much excess. Maybe the heel counter logo could be reduced but other wise I would leave them as is.

For anyone who doesn't yet have a Kawhi jump on Stock X. Prices are low now is a good time to jump on a pair or at least watch and pick your spot

My girl tried to cop these as a B-Day present for her cousin. She thought she had a 11.5 locked up

They hit her this morning saying they couldn't fulfill the order because it was actually sold out when she purchased them.

I feel bad for dude, these are clean.
Update on this, my girl ordered from Foolocker, and had her order cancelled today.

They said that the stock they thought they had was lower than what they actually got.

Never seen anything like this

Last edited:
Just trying to give an idea why something is done. Having sold shoes and learned about footwear at a few shops over 15 years I have found that there is a reason for just about everything on a shoe. The footwear industry has changed and the process for making a shoe has evolved, with weight reduction often a focus these days. These Kawhi's have so many tech features jammed into one shoe without much excess. Maybe the heel counter logo could be reduced but other wise I would leave them as is.

it has indeed change but much longer than that. it is a long process, however the main driving force behind the shoes contruction and materials nowadays has more to do with maximizing profits now than improving quality. call me old tech or old fashioned but I felt that the materials used more in shoes are cheap. it's great that they improved on the cushion tech but some did add and at the same time subtract something else. insoles now in general are nothing more than a piece of thin clothing with no real purpose other than cover. I don't mind them using synthetic leather but hell I hate seeing fuse plastic on a shoe. but ultimately, if they are going to make shoes, atleast make them all sizes to cather all foot shapes fit. the KD's for examples are the biggest not costumer-friendly sized shoes ever.

So is it still true to size despite them being hard to put on? Looking at the ankle collar, seems it should be easy unless the tongue is stitched to the upper.

I got an 11 in the sig shoe and an 11.5 in the 850. Both fit exactly how i wanted them to fit. they are a tough time to get on I have to agree with that but once they are on they are damn near perfection. will post pics later

Last edited:
I got an 11 in the sig shoe and an 11.5 in the 850. Both fit exactly how i wanted them to fit. they are a tough time to get on I have to agree with that but once they are on they are damn near perfection. will post pics later
So 1/2 sz down on the kawhi's for you?

Exactly how I felt about them and what I did size wise for the Kawhi and the 850

Need to see the sigs with flash plzzzz :emoji_thumbsup:

it has indeed change but much longer than that. it is a long process, however the main driving force behind the shoes contruction and materials nowadays has more to do with maximizing profits now than improving quality. call me old tech or old fashioned but I felt that the materials used more in shoes are cheap. it's great that they improved on the cushion tech but some did add and at the same time subtract something else. insoles now in general are nothing more than a piece of thin clothing with no real purpose other than cover. I don't mind them using synthetic leather but hell I hate seeing fuse plastic on a shoe. but ultimately, if they are going to make shoes, atleast make them all sizes to cather all foot shapes fit. the KD's for examples are the biggest not costumer-friendly sized shoes ever.

You do realize that I said the construction process was done to save money i.e. maximize profits. The durability vs weight savings trade-offs while maximizing profits are a very real thing and nothing I said was counter to this. That's why it was puzzling you were so dismissive of what I said. For this shoe the materials seem plenty durable. That mesh is tough and will hold up. The thin material will further serve to reenforce it.

Having sold shoes for 15 years I agree shoes aren't as durable as they used to be. These are not an example of sacrifices made that could hinder the longevity. Since you have a pair what do you think of them in hand? I assume you are judging it based on personal experience and not going off pictures

You do realize that I said the construction process was done to save money i.e. maximize profits. The durability vs weight savings trade-offs while maximizing profits are a very real thing and nothing I said was counter to this. That's why it was puzzling you were so dismissive of what I said. For this shoe the materials seem plenty durable. That mesh is tough and will hold up. The thin material will further serve to reenforce it.

Having sold shoes for 15 years I agree shoes aren't as durable as they used to be. These are not an example of sacrifices made that could hinder the longevity. Since you have a pair what do you think of them in hand? I assume you are judging it based on personal experience and not going off pictures

I didn't really dismiss what you were saying, I was just elaborating from what I am noticing. longevity though could be a bit of trade-off on certain areas. some shoes are made to last longer and some don't. example, I'm not a fan of those string type lace loops which tend to wear-off and break over time. airmax cushions seems to burst if not the outsole is made thinner to wear faster or use a rubber compound that would be one and done in a period of a few months. the upper is also a mixed-bag, those thin cloth materials that do tore off easily is another. if there was one consistent thing that held a shoe together and got better, that would be the glue that they are using now. we used to have that saying of laughing shoes back in the day because the front outsole would start separating from the upper.

anyway, so far NB has been pretty steady solid. hope they don't end up like Nike or Adidas.

I didn't really dismiss what you were saying, I was just elaborating from what I am noticing. longevity though could be a bit of trade-off on certain areas. some shoes are made to last longer and some don't. example, I'm not a fan of those string type lace loops which tend to wear-off and break over time. airmax cushions seems to burst if not the outsole is made thinner to wear faster or use a rubber compound that would be one and done in a period of a few months. the upper is also a mixed-bag, those thin cloth materials that do tore off easily is another. if there was one consistent thing that held a shoe together and got better, that would be the glue that they are using now. we used to have that saying of laughing shoes back in the day because the front outsole would start separating from the upper.

anyway, so far NB has been pretty steady solid. hope they don't end up like Nike or Adidas.

for the most part, the made in u.s.a. products from NB are pretty top notch when it comes to quality, their made in asia, which is where pretty much their basketball/running shoes are made, typically don’t have that same top notch quality, but they still do a pretty good job in materials and durability

that being said, i don’t think they’ll fall to the levels of nike or adidas just due to the fact that they will never make that many shoes

Back
Top Bottom