KC Chiefs player kills girlfriend, then commits suicide at team facility

So let me get this straight, all of this madness stemmed from her staying out "late" to a Trey Songz concert?

Dude really?
mean.gif

Such an extreme reaction to an otherwise innocuous situation. Makes no sense to me.
Have to think that that wasn't the ONLY reason. At least, I hope so.

Maybe there were things building up the tension and he couldn't handle what he felt was a last straw.
Maybe.

No point in wondering about Belcher's motive anyway, doesn't excuse what he did.

mean.gif
@ a baby becoming an orphan in a matter of hours.

R.I.P. to Kasandra Perkins.

Last edited:
Shot her nine times according to local media. Domestic issues were real in that household.

There's no way you shoot someone nine times over coming back from a stupid concert. There was a culmination of events that came to a head that morning

Let me ask yall....from my POV, it's REALLY hard for me to throw up a RIP for Belcher in this situation because he murdered someone. That can all change as the details come out, but as it stands, I'm stuck in my mindset. Does anyone else feel the same way? That being said, my heart absolutely aches for his child, who is now without two parents and for everyone effected by these tragedies in one way or another. Absolutely horrible situation. :smh:

I'm not making excuses for Belcher, but as guys, we've all had that female that made us do crazy ****. Granted not going as far as killing someone. I hate to see talented people do real off the wall stuff, such a sad story.
I remember when the Chris Benoit thing happened. Everyone was saying kind words and condolences then when the real story broke out they shut down all that stuff quick. JJs07, I feel the same way you do.

Last edited:
I remember when the Chris Benoit thing happened. Everyone was saying kind words and condolences then when the real story broke out they shut down all that stuff quick. JJs07, I feel the same way you do.

No joke, the Benoit situation (here on NT) was the first thing I thought about when I made my initial post. For such a selfish act, I just can't bring myself to say RIP to Belcher.

*edit*

MUST READ article via Deadspin

Link

Last edited:
benoit had severe brain damage so you can maybe give him a pass.
Yeah, he had severe issues and I think he took P.E.D.'s which didn't help.

I was basically agreeing to the point that while we shouldn't make assumptions until all the information has been released, but it's hard to feel bad or say R.I.P. to someone that took another life. I think with us being in S&T, that we feel bad for athletes going through tough things and want to know why it happened. I remember during the summer there was a tragedy where a regular guy who was not a pro athlete went to the salon where his wife worked and I think he killed her and a few customers. No one was saying wondering if he was going through a tough time before that, people just thought he was evil for doing it.

guess they were having problems prior. apparently, he called his mother to come to kc because they were having problems.

Man we still don't even KNOW if Benoit even did what the media said he did. Unlike this situation, there was nobody there to witness the event. Different situations.

I don't care how brain damaged he was. There's no excuse for murder!!!!
I can't agree with that. It isn't a "pass" per-say but it HAS to be considered. If someone isn't of sound mind, how can you hold them to the same standards as someone that is "supposed to" be of sound mind.

It is easy to say, "well he shouldn't kill himself, wife, and kids." But you are basing that off of "normal" person's train of though. Not someone's brain that has went through DECADES of trauma. So it has to be considered.

Man we still don't even KNOW if Benoit even did what the media said he did. Unlike this situation, there was nobody there to witness the event. Different situations.

So, what's your take on the Benoit family deaths? IMO, it's cut and dry. Dead son, dead wife, and he hung himself. I'm not sure how this could have been "spun" any other way, DC. Yet another horrific crime.

So, what's your take on the Benoit family deaths? IMO, it's cut and dry. Dead son, dead wife, and he hung himself. I'm not sure how this could have been "spun" any other way, DC. Yet another horrific crime.
It is the media man. Anything can be spun. None of us were there to "discover" the bodies.

I don't know what happened. SOme suspect Kevin Sullivan did it. Some suspect he hired someone to do it.

I don't think it is cut and dry at all.

Back
Top Bottom