KENDRICK LAMAR: "GOOD KID M.A.A.D CITY"

I see what Bomani Jones is saying (and silly putty even though he's trolling) as far as Kendrick not having a lot of energy and being boring. I felt the same way after a heard Section 80. But after I listened to it more and went back and played OD his style grew on me. I dont even mind it when he uses that alien voice because his lyrics and the overrall message in his music is powerful. Kendrick is the complete opposite of most of these new rappers that are all style and no substance.

Him and J Cole are similar but the difference to me is that Kendrick still has some emotion when he spits. Songs like Live Again, Faith, The Heart pt2 and 3, M.A.A.D City etc. I can feel that ****. Plus his story telling is crazy. If you dont like those songs I listed he's not for you.

Shyne is out his mutha******* mind though saying its trash :lol:

good kid is so smooth :pimp: Kendrick flows over that beat perfect.

Then that transition to m.A.A.d city :x Plus the beat switches in that track :x

For all of those who need the Bonus cuts
Decided to throw together a combo of the bonus tracks and some leaked tracks pretty much made an alternate album. I like GKMC in its 12 track entirety
http://www36.zippyshare.com/v/77400840/file.html
01) Cartoon & Cereal (Feat. Gunplay).mp3
02) County Building Blues.m4a
03) Average Joe.mp3
04) His Pain.mp3
05) Collect Calls.mp3
06) Swimming Pools (Remix) (Feat. Ab-Soul, ScHoolboy Q & Jay Rock).mp3
07) Westside Right On Time (Feat Young Jeezy).mp3
08) Now Or Never (Feat. Mary J. Blige).mp3
09) Black Boy Fly.mp3
10) Heart Part 3.mp3
11) The Recipe (Remix) (Feat. Ab-Soul, ScHoolboy Q & Jay Rock).mp3

Ok it's up on zippyshare let me know

I see what Bomani Jones is saying (and silly putty even though he's trolling) as far as Kendrick not having a lot of energy and being boring. I felt the same way after a heard Section 80. But after I listened to it more and went back and played OD his style grew on me. I dont even mind it when he uses that alien voice because his lyrics and the overrall message in his music is powerful. Kendrick is the complete opposite of most of these new rappers that are all style and no substance.
Him and J Cole are similar but the difference to me is that Kendrick still has some emotion when he spits.

First off, I love the album. The bolded is a great point and it's funny you mention Cole because I was just having this conversation with a friend.

These guys are just good rappers that make good music.

It's great to see that you can still succeed in the current musical climate (especially in Hip Hop) as such. By just being yourself.

No real "beefs" (Diggy don't count). No "shtick". No ********. If that's "boring" than so be it.

More than ever people seem to need all that to be a part of the package when they ingest music.

But great music still speaks louder than anything else. Ask Mumford & Sons.

I learned to stop forcing myself to listen to these albums as soon as they drop.
whether to keep up with NT or any other critics.

it ruins the experience.
I enjoy the album, I'll listen to it again in a week.

Last edited:
This album is unbelievable, it's a complete masterpiece. With that said, I don't see myself replaying it very often.

Game & Shyne beefing on twitter because of Shyne's hate comments of Kendrick's album

Handsome *** *****‏@thegame

RT @OriginalShyne: @thegame u outta pocket youngster!!! I felt gkmd album was trash, deal wit! - naw blood, YOU TRASH.. Deal wit that !!!

Handsome *** *****‏@thegame

RT @OriginalShyne: @thegame Wassup son? Why u involving yourself on something don't concern u? - If its bout KDOT.. It CONCERN ME !!!!!

Shyne Po‏@OriginalShyne

@thegame u know me personally. U done forgot your manners son? How u g checking on twitter? U know how to get at me!!!

:rofl:

Last edited:
So, now Bomani Jones is calling this a headphone masterpiece.

Oh, ok.

I'm saying game has a long *** track record of knocking rap ****** out & it ain't ever the pop rappers he does it too he always challenges dudes who claim to be about that life

This album is unbelievable, it's a complete masterpiece. With that said, I don't see myself replaying it very often.
Is it a masterpiece then?

This was Bomani Jones' argument that I tried share. 

That immediate "classic" talk is the problem.

Last edited:
I understand that most people disagree, I do too, but why is everyone so upset about Shyne voicing his opinion? He didn't do it disrespectfully, so why all the hostility? Let him have his opinion/troll. The music speaks for itself.

Last edited:
Everyone is entitled to their opinion even if its stupid... But even after the fact shyne has been going in about the album being wack or overated for like 24 hours. If it's wack to you fine, but if you keep addressing the issue over and over it starts to look like you wanted a problem.

I understand that most people disagree, I do too, but why is everyone so upset about Shyne voicing his opinion? He didn't do it disrespectfully, so why all the hostility? Let him have his opinion/troll. The music speaks for itself.
i mean it's kinda disrespectful to call another man's hard work trash..

he could have said he didn't like it and kept it moving.

because even if u dont like it calling it trash is absurd... shyne prolly bumpin meek mill **** right now...

Yeah Shyne calling it trash wasn't exactly respectful. He can't be one to talk though everything he's rapped on since he got out of jail has been worse than trash.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion even if its stupid... But even after the fact shyne has been going in about the album being wack or overated for like 24 hours. If it's wack to you fine, but if you keep addressing the issue over and over it starts to look like you wanted a problem.

This.

If you don't like it cool, but to keep saying it over and over is real ***** made

Deep down inside shyne probably loves the, but doesn't want to admit it

Shyne dont like the album cus track 1 got cats acceptin Jesus. Shyne a thugg Jew now. He gotta hear about Christ on almost every track n he aint diggin that, but to poon to admit cus he dont wanna make it bout religion. He prolly like it on tha low but mad he cant bump this in the synagog.

Back
Top Bottom