KENDRICK LAMAR: "GOOD KID M.A.A.D CITY"

lol now future is mad at his fans in the audience, can this son just get the boot from this whole entire thread?

Last edited:
Shyne dont like the album cus track 1 got cats acceptin Jesus. Shyne a thugg Jew now. He gotta hear about Christ on almost every track n he aint diggin that, but to poon to admit cus he dont wanna make it bout religion. He prolly like it on tha low but mad he cant bump this in the synagog.
:lol:

Is it a masterpiece then?

This was Bomani Jones' argument that I tried share. 

That immediate "classic" talk is the problem.

I get that people throw the word classic around loosely but I also do acknowledge that there are rare occasions where things are instantly classic.

off.topic, why was Kendrick randomly on."Power Circle" ?

Although he killed it, shouldnt that track be an MMG song ?

I understand that most people disagree, I do too, but why is everyone so upset about Shyne voicing his opinion? He didn't do it disrespectfully, so why all the hostility? Let him have his opinion/troll. The music speaks for itself.

let's say you put all of your time, blood, sweat and tears into a painting and i don't like it. i could:
A. say "bro that is GARBAGE. straight up wack bro."
B. say "eh i don't like it."

one is disrespectful...and that one is what Shyne said.
:smh: i swear man the concept of respect is lost on some you dudes.

I like how Jay Rock trys to give the mic back to Kendrick and he's like naw keep rockin homie. All them boys gon EAT

On another note I really wish the second half of m.A.A.d city was longer, that beat switch is too nice

This album is unbelievable, it's a complete masterpiece. With that said, I don't see myself replaying it very often.
Is it a masterpiece then?

This was Bomani Jones' argument that I tried share. 

That immediate "classic" talk is the problem.

I'd agree with you there, can't really call an album a classic until you let it age. I think the quality is there though, we'll just have to wait and see how we look back at it.

But you were talking the album down more than just "its not an instant classic".

Call me crazy but i haven't enjoyed a rap album like this since well The Blueprint. After the year 2000 i would put The Blueprint and this on my most enjoyed albums list. I don't know man. This just hits me. I love his persona and i really really really love his music.
Section 80 was great to me but this is on an another level. I love that he didn't compromise anything on his major label debut. Most new albums does these stupid ******g things that i hate like putting some useless pop ***** on the album to get radio play like Drake did with Take Care. And useless features that may spit nice verses but just doesn't fit in to the song. Feats in GKMC really fit the songs nicely. Cohesion is the word i would use with this. Most new albums lack this. They are like compilation of songs. This isn't, it's an album. Like it should be.

Call me crazy but i haven't enjoyed a rap album like this since well The Blueprint. After the year 2000 i would put The Blueprint and this on my most enjoyed albums list. I don't know man. This just hits me. I love his persona and i really really really love his music.
Section 80 was great to me but this is on an another level. I love that he didn't compromise anything on his major label debut. Most new albums does these stupid ******g things that i hate like putting some useless pop ***** on the album to get radio play like Drake did with Take Care. And useless features that may spit nice verses but just doesn't fit in to the song. Feats in GKMC really fit the songs nicely. Cohesion is the word i would use with this. Most new albums lack this. They are like compilation of songs. This isn't, it's an album. Like it should be.

That's one of the things I'm most glad about.

It's not the cookie cutter album we see so much. A couple hype songs, couple female songs, couple "real" songs.

None of the typical things that make me hate albums like useless features (drake feature is arguable :lol: ) and songs that ruin the album flow.

Listened to the leak last week and finally bought the deluxe from Targer today. Absolutely amazing, there's not one skip able track.

This is the first cd I've bought since 808's.

It's not the cookie cutter album we see so much. A couple hype songs, couple female songs, couple "real" songs.
None of the typical things that make me hate albums like useless features (drake feature is arguable :lol: ) and songs that ruin the album flow.
I even like the Drake feature. It's on the perfect song for that. I really like how Kendrick put his features on this album.
Like for example let's look at the Ross feature on Kanye's Devil In A New Dress. Every time is hear this song i'm like what the hell is Ross spitting about. He just ruined that song spitting something that was so far away from the original topic of the song.

i rarely come into the music thread, but knew there would be a post about this CD....
i don't even really like rap other than what's over played on the radio (which isn't even good just catchy)
but i will always give props when props are due....this GKMC is :smokin :smokin :smokin

I'm not the kinda guy that plays the hell out of CD when it drops, but my play counts on this are getting RIDICULOUS :lol:

Props to the kid.

I even like the Drake feature. It's on the perfect song for that. I really like how Kendrick put his features on this album.
Like for example let's look at the Ross feature on Kanye's Devil In A New Dress. Every time is hear this song i'm like what the hell is Ross spitting about. He just ruined that song spitting something that was so far away from the original topic of the song.

Idk man, I really like that ross feature on devil in a new dress :lol: One of my favorite verses by him.

As far as the drake feature I agree that it actually worked out fine.

But its kinda like bigghost said, why does drake have to be in the car going to sheranes house with you kendrick? :rofl:

Bought the deluxe on iTunes and just went to target and grabbed a hard copy today just to hold onto and for the car.
Ya Bishhh

Rick Ross ruined Devil in a New Dress? STOP :smh:
Maybe not to you guys but to me him spitting completely different things than Kanye did really ruined the song for me. Don't get me wrong i like the song but i hate Ross's verse. That was just an example. Part of that is that i'm pretty bored of this boasting with money, whips etc raps. Like Watch The Throne is ok album to me. But the subject is kinda boring expect for Murder To Excellence.
BTW i kinda feel that Drake was put there to get more of the major audience attention and Kendrick choosing the most fitting song for him was a great compromise.
It's 3,48 am where i live and i'm tired as **** so i'm sorry if my english is hard to understand. Not my first language.

Last edited:
let's say you put all of your time, blood, sweat and tears into a painting and i don't like it. i could:
A. say "bro that is GARBAGE. straight up wack bro."
B. say "eh i don't like it."
one is disrespectful...and that one is what Shyne said.
:smh: i swear man the concept of respect is lost on some you dudes.
Thanks for setting me straight, bro.:lol:

My main point is WHO THE HELL CARES WHAT SHYNE HAS TO SAY? He's obviously begging for attention.

But whatever. we all agree that what Shyne said was stupid. I just think it hould be ignored.

It is what it is, though. The album is great.

*plays *****, Don't Kill My Vibe for the 25th time in a row*

Last edited:
Y'all are thee worst stans :x

You ever been in the Kanye, Drake, or Wayne threads?

Money Trees, Compton, Don't Kill My Vibe, maad city, and Poetic Justice are in non-stop rotation right now, though playing the album from start to finish definitely makes it better.

When through the album for a 3rd time and though it didn't change my life like it seemed to do for some, it's still a very very good debut album. No gimmicks yet still stands out from a lot of other stuff.

Last edited:
Album is good, but I don't get how people are deeming it a "classic"... I don't even think its his best album (Section 80 is far superior). Production is pretty weak, which was the case in section 80 too.

Back
Top Bottom