KENDRICK LAMAR: "GOOD KID M.A.A.D CITY"

How can honest, truthful music about ones life experiences be considered forced? Like I could understand if he rapped about slinging drugs on the corner or shooting up people but c'mon now :lol: you may not vibe with it like most of us in here but that criticism makes no sense

It's not just about the subject matter, you imbecile. i'm saying his style feels unorthodox and forced. and damn near all the choruses on the album were horrendous with the exception of the singles. I respect the kid lyrically but just hard to listen to musically, IMO. No, I dont need to clean my ears out and no his bars don't go over my head.

Last edited:
Its funny how yall waste your time arguing about this stuff constantly, not realizing everyone has different opinions and tastes of music, and arguing on a message board doesn't change anyone's  thoughts on the music they already like/dislike

Last edited:
... He said he's shooting up the charts, which i understand as a metaphor for his ascent into becoming a notable artist.

Then he says his flow is more so natural than anything because he's in a sober mindset when making his music.

I don't understand how the analogy of him blowing up is missed.

How can honest, truthful music about ones life experiences be considered forced? Like I could understand if he rapped about slinging drugs on the corner or shooting up people but c'mon now
laugh.gif
you may not vibe with it like most of us in here but that criticism makes no sense

It's not just about the subject matter, you imbecile. i'm saying his style feels unorthodox and forced. and damn near all the choruses on the album were horrendous with the exception of the singles. I respect the kid lyrically but just hard to listen to musically, IMO. No, I dont need to clean my ears out and no his bars don't go over my head.
And this is what bugs me about the entire thing. The kid just ISNT that nice.

He has stories for sure...but lyrical manipulation is NOT his thing. Rapping faster doesn't accomplish anything either. 

I feel like people like to associate themselves with how they think "good hip-hop" SHOULD sound rather than what what you're actually given. Its like when people think that boom bap is "real music" when its other other than what it just is.

KL is out here rapping about the SAME concepts that mainstream artists are...but now he's this extreme example of progress? Really? Oh, because his album has a story. Oh. Ok. Cool, I guess. 
eyes.gif
. I'm going to be honest here. On songs with features, KL lost. Big time. 

Its no different from those backpackers saying how immortal technique is a "real" rapper because he speaks on politics. Nah. Hes a dude that raps about what he wants to rap about. Thats it. But he ain't that nice with it because most of it sounds HORRIBLE. 
 Like I could understand if he rapped about slinging drugs on the corner or shooting up people but c'mon now 
laugh.gif
 you may not vibe with it like most of us in here but that criticism makes no sense
LOL WUT

Have you never listed to a KL song before? 
roll.gif

Hell, the song people are raving about right now has "DOO DOO DOO" in all in the middle and ends with gunshots at the end.

I'm just saying. If you like KL, thats cool. But don't sit here and lie to me about this man's talent or make it more than what it really is. 

KDot is dope he makes music everyone can relate to...Maybe if he had YOUNG CHOP or LEX doin his beats ya'll dudes saying he nothing special would be on his sack...But that's why I respect KDOT cause he ain't rapping over those type beats cause really ***** tired of hearing that TRAP ********...KDOT
Substance? >D

There was SUBSTANCE in this song? :rolleyes

Are we talking about SUBSTANCE:smh:

Everyone can relate to hanging out the window throwing signs? Shooting guns in the middle of the street? False braggadocio?

See this just reinforces my theory that people really aren't listening to whats being said. If you rap about the SAME mainstream topics on sleepy beats, then you're "real music"

Dude was rapping about the same stuff gangsta/mainstream rappers have been talking about for DECADES and now hes refreshing? 

PLEASE tell me what makes this "good" music? 

Backpackers are the worst man. These "real hip hop" dudes are the biggest farce out here. It took me a while to realize it, but the sheer ability of those guys to patronize other types of music just exposes them for what they really are. 

That was for K Dot...

How can honest, truthful music about ones life experiences be considered forced? Like I could understand if he rapped about slinging drugs on the corner or shooting up people but c'mon now :lol: you may not vibe with it like most of us in here but that criticism makes no sense

He has stories for sure...but lyrical manipulation is NOT his thing. Rapping faster doesn't accomplish anything either. 

I feel like people like to associate themselves with how they think "good hip-hop" SHOULD sound rather than what what you're actually given. Its like when people think that boom bap is "real music" when its other other than what it just is.

KL is out here rapping about the SAME concepts that mainstream artists are...but now he's this extreme example of progress? Really? Oh, because his album has a story. Oh. Ok. Cool, I guess. :rolleyes . I'm going to be honest here. On songs with features, KL lost. Big time. 

Its no different from those backpackers saying how immortal technique is a "real" rapper because he speaks on politics. Nah. Hes a dude that raps about what he wants to rap about. Thats it. But he ain't that nice with it because most of it sounds HORRIBLE. 

Originally Posted by LyonBC1 

Like I could understand if he rapped about slinging drugs on the corner or shooting up people but c'mon now :lol:  you may not vibe with it like most of us in here but that criticism makes no sense

LOL WUT

Have you never listed to a KL song before? :rofl:

Hell, the song people are raving about right now has "DOO DOO DOO" in all in the middle and ends with gunshots at the end.

I'm just saying. If you like KL, thats cool. But don't sit here and lie to me about this man's talent or make it more than what it really is. 

tumblr_mcrew5KbCF1r37iado1_500.jpg

How can honest, truthful music about ones life experiences be considered forced? Like I could understand if he rapped about slinging drugs on the corner or shooting up people but c'mon now
laugh.gif

KL is out here rapping about the SAME concepts that mainstream artists are...but now he's this extreme example of progress? Really? Oh, because his album has a story. Oh. Ok. Cool, I guess. 
eyes.gif
. I'm going to be honest here. On songs with features, KL lost. Big time. 

Originally Posted by LyonBC1  

Like I could understand if he rapped about slinging drugs on the corner or shooting up people but c'mon now 
laugh.gif

LOL WUT

Have you never listed to a KL song before? 
roll.gif

tumblr_mcrew5KbCF1r37iado1_500.jpg

l

kendrick just went off
This sht is dope ^^.. but Kendrick Lamar actually raps about different topics from other rappers ..  Rappers just rap about the topic just for the hell of it while Kendrick Lamar was rapping to tell us his "story" Just my 2 cents on you guys opinion. 

:rolleyes

Anyway the more I listen, the more the album grows on me. TDE put out two of my favorite albums so far this year (Q's album was :pimp:). I wish he had an actual feature in one of the main story tracks.

Yo Future, no ones lying to you.

It's like you think people HAVE to agree with your opinion on Kendrick. They Don't!

Your tone and choice of words make people not even want to have a discussion with you on the topic.

Your opinion doesn't hold that much weight bruh! It just doesn't!

Yo Future, no ones lying to you.

It's like you think people HAVE to agree with your opinion on Kendrick. They Don't!

Your tone and choice of words make people not even want to have a discussion with you on the topic.
No one said they did. I'm just sharing my thoughts. Everyone else is doing the same. 
Your opinion doesn't hold that much weight bruh! It just doesn't!
I never claimed that it did.

Its my OPINION. 

These artists aren't free from criticism. If he releases something I like, i'll share it. 

Why are you still in this thread :smh:

Any time someone disagrees with you they get a face full of "it's my opinion you can't take away my voice i'm sharing my thoughts blah blah blah"

You are to Kendrick Lamar what Deuce King is to Rick Ross. It's obvious.

Why are you still in this thread
mean.gif

Any time someone disagrees with you they get a face full of "it's my opinion you can't take away my voice i'm sharing my thoughts blah blah blah"

You are to Kendrick Lamar what Deuce King is to Rick Ross. It's obvious.
Thing is, Duece King doesn't bother me. 

He has his right to his opinion as I do mine.

Stop complaining that there are ...*gasp*...negative opinions of this dude.

I just listened to his new song and wasn't feeling it. 

U Mad? 

Relax.

"The Jig is Up"...pretty nice :pimp:. I'd rather listen to this album from start to finish, but Money Trees, Poetic Justice, Compton, maad city and the bonus tracks all tie me up from doing that. Still have to put all these tracks in the right order.

Thing is, Duece King doesn't bother me. 

He has his right to his opinion as I do mine.

Stop complaining that there are ...*gasp*...negative opinions of this dude.

I just listened to his new song and wasn't feeling it. 

U Mad? 

Relax.

Seriously future, why are u still in this thread tho? We got u, u don't like his CD. Thank you for expressing ur opinion...over and over again. And I respect ur opinion, but we already heard it, so u can leave now :smile:

Sorry if posted; haven't gone through the thread that much. The samples have been compiled and are available to download.

KendrickLamarTheSamplesCOVER.gif

In celebration of Kendrick Lamar’s prolific release of GKMC, Gianni Lee and Mike Blud decide to do some things differently with this edition of “The Samples”. Track 1 entitled “Prologue” prepares you for an entirely new experience and way to digest each sample but more importantly how to view the project in it’s entirety. GKMC The Samples attempts to walk you through a dream sequence without quite leading you out. With yours truly (Babylon Cartel) heading the art-direction with a clean animated gif as the cover, this is sure to be one of the best sample-tapes to date.

Here.

Sorry if posted; haven't gone through the thread that much. The samples have been compiled and are available to download.

KendrickLamarTheSamplesCOVER.gif

In celebration of Kendrick Lamar’s prolific release of GKMC, Gianni Lee and Mike Blud decide to do some things differently with this edition of “The Samples”. Track 1 entitled “Prologue” prepares you for an entirely new experience and way to digest each sample but more importantly how to view the project in it’s entirety. GKMC The Samples attempts to walk you through a dream sequence without quite leading you out. With yours truly (Babylon Cartel) heading the art-direction with a clean animated gif as the cover, this is sure to be one of the best sample-tapes to date.
Here.
Speaking of which, does iTunes allow gifs for album art?

Back
Top Bottom