KENDRICK LAMAR: "GOOD KID M.A.A.D CITY"

Money Trees :smokin
I'm calling it early......Hip Hop Album of the Year 8)

yea, nothing thus far comes close... save Food and Liquor 2... and that doesn't have the replay value this does. I think where think Lupe comes off preachy (which he can at times, but hey ... we need to preached to) Kdot comes off more like "yo... I am you... when it right now and we tryna make it out , together."

it was album of they year before the ish even dropped and as far as lupe goes....he was always corny to ME.

Yeah, it's his parents on the skits. He confirmed it in an interview, think it was with Complex.

:pimp: haven't enjoyed parents on an album this much since Common used to have his Pops come thru for poems. The last good one tho was on Finding Forever. Matter of fact, Common's usage of family on his albums always be proper. His gradma's VM was funny as hail :pimp: :pimp: (payback's a grandmother)

:pimp: haven't enjoyed parents on an album this much since Common used to have his Pops come thru for poems. The last good one tho was on Finding Forever. Matter of fact, Common's usage of family on his albums always be proper. His gradma's VM was funny as hail :pimp: :pimp: (payback's a grandmother)

true.

yup they got grams for her mink on the river boat, and comm was gonna handle that!

^Hell I wish maad city was 2 separate songs :lol:, especially the latter part. That half felt like it came straight outta 94/95

maad city is the best trak on the lp to me. str8 masterpiece. lyrically, good kid n sing about me are the best

finally decided to give the album a real listen today, and i can honestly say this is one of the best albums ive heard, ever. It comes off as sincere, well thought, and packed with a profound sense of urgency and direction. I understand now that the album is really much more of a collective force in comparison to much of the albums that i have heard in the past. Each song is good, but is nothing without the next. 10/10 album for me, because it succeeded in formulating a message, delivering the message effectively and enjoyably, and on a personal note the album is held in such regard because the message speaks directly to me as a young black male aspiring to achieve successes. Kdot to me illustrates a world of trouble that is very much a ubiquitous tale, and like pac he realizes that successes from this "mad city" come with a unique and unspoken degree of responsibility to those trapped within the ills of the very city that he transcended from...been sitting here like this :smh: after running through the album, he killed it man.

finally decided to give the album a real listen today, and i can honestly say this is one of the best albums ive heard, ever. It comes off as sincere, well thought, and packed with a profound sense of urgency and direction. I understand now that the album is really much more of a collective force in comparison to much of the albums that i have heard in the past. Each song is good, but is nothing without the next. 10/10 album for me, because it succeeded in formulating a message, delivering the message effectively and enjoyably, and on a personal note the album is held in such regard because the message speaks directly to me as a young black male aspiring to achieve successes. Kdot to me illustrates a world of trouble that is very much a ubiquitous tale, and like pac he realizes that successes from this "mad city" come with a unique and unspoken degree of responsibility to those trapped within the ills of the very city that he transcended from...been sitting here like this :smh: after running through the album, he killed it man.

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

All of this.

finally decided to give the album a real listen today, and i can honestly say this is one of the best albums ive heard, ever. It comes off as sincere, well thought, and packed with a profound sense of urgency and direction. I understand now that the album is really much more of a collective force in comparison to much of the albums that i have heard in the past. Each song is good, but is nothing without the next. 10/10 album for me, because it succeeded in formulating a message, delivering the message effectively and enjoyably, and on a personal note the album is held in such regard because the message speaks directly to me as a young black male aspiring to achieve successes. Kdot to me illustrates a world of trouble that is very much a ubiquitous tale, and like pac he realizes that successes from this "mad city" come with a unique and unspoken degree of responsibility to those trapped within the ills of the very city that he transcended from...been sitting here like this
mean.gif
after running through the album, he killed it man.
well said . I have to agree with you. Only if some people understood -.- smh

am i the only one that feels like The Art of Peer Pressure & Money Trees are the same song/scene just from different perspectives?
on TAPP he's ridin' w/ his patnas smokin', runnin' in houses, and rushin' ****** on the street, but he talks about it from such an introspective and dark level that we can tell these things are bad. then on Money Trees he says the exact same stuff. he even starts the song off "hit that house lick tell me is ya wit it ya bish/home invasion was persuasive, from 9 to 5 i know it's vacant ya bish" he ends up describing mostly all of the same acts just in a more light hearted tone which is probably how him and his patnas think about it on the surface level. which i think is pretty live. :pimp:

am i the only one that feels like The Art of Peer Pressure & Money Trees are the same song/scene just from different perspectives?
on TAPP he's ridin' w/ his patnas smokin', runnin' in houses, and rushin' ****** on the street, but he talks about it from such an introspective and dark level that we can tell these things are bad. then on Money Trees he says the exact same stuff. he even starts the song off "hit that house lick tell me is ya wit it ya bish/home invasion was persuasive, from 9 to 5 i know it's vacant ya bish" he ends up describing mostly all of the same acts just in a more light hearted tone which is probably how him and his patnas think about it on the surface level. which i think is pretty live. :pimp:

Nah in Money Trees it's basically a recap of the first four songs imo. He's talking about what he already did previously

Back
Top Bottom