Kid shot & paralyzed over Marmot "biggie" coat @ Bryant Park VOL Hurtlocker coat makin waves in NY

You're ignoring the whole concept of saving money. Sure a 15-17 year old kid probably doesn't have any serious bills of his/her own, but that doesn't mean that spending all one's paycheck is a smart financial decision. Down the road, there are plenty of bills to pay - college tuition, car down payments, first/last months' rent on an apartment, down payments on houses/apartments.

Heck, if they want to spend 600-700 dollars on a piece of clothing, at least go out and buy a nice suit that would come in handy at a job interview.

So you think it's ok for a 16 year old to get a $700 suit for a minimum wage job and funerals :lol:

That's not frivolous to you?

The funny thing is that jacket will last longer than the suit and they would get more use out of it.

The funny thing is that jacket will last longer than the suit and they would get more use out of it.
depends on the situation imo

anything can last long if you take care of it and if the kid gets an office job then a suit can get more use

anything can last long if you take care of it and if the kid gets an office job then a suit can get more use

Kids grow b

At 16 it's not lasting long. You get fitted suits. Coats are oversized.

Kids grow b

and tastes change so there's no reason to assume he'll want the coat one or two years from now

i've seen ppl be the same size since hs, though

Ya really serious about walking outside in an ironman themed Onesie?

This can't be life...

mean.gif

Can you stop deflecting and answer the question?  I'll post it for you AGAIN below...........

In this particular case, do you believe Corey Dunton to be innocent in the shooting of Adonis Mera??  Yes or no. 
I'm undecided until I see the state present the evidence and the witnesses give their testimony on the stand.

I could in no way put in my vote to publicly kill him ....

it seems the media has given you all you need to start a lynching.... we are not the same
Thanks for your reply to the question.  We'll see how the case goes and what the final verdict ends up being for Corey Dunton.  If he's found guilty, I say do away with him as quickly as possible. 

to all the hood mentality nters out there that spend all their money on clothes/shoes:

why is it better to appear to have money than to actually have money?

Hood mentality, as if the hood are the only ones who live pay check to pay check and like nice things. :lol:

cosigned. but this doesn't really argue against the point that these kids are def grabbin expensive *** **** for stuntin purposes.

it is status and possibly/allegedly for stashin da toast/bluemagic/w.e they don't want to get caught by police with. why else would they be willing to kill for it? why do kids kill each other over sneakers?

ninjahood made a case for the jacket's technical features. he proved its a coat that will do its job well. and that is keep you warm. regardless of how it looks aesthetically.

>D you think these kids know that ****? or care? id bet money that it is not the case. hood or not, there is an irrational mentality that motivates these kids into purchasing or killing for a hurt locker suit. im betting its not because they think Marmot is a proven brand that makes quality winter gear...

Last edited:
to all the hood mentality nters out there that spend all their money on clothes/shoes:

Hood mentality, as if the hood are the only ones who live pay check to pay check and like nice things. :lol:

cosigned. but this doesn't really argue against the point that these kids are def grabbin expensive *** **** for stuntin purposes.

it is status and possibly/allegedly for stashin da toast/bluemagic/w.e they don't want to get caught by police with. why else would they be willing to kill for it? why do kids kill each other over sneakers?

ninjahood made a case for the jacket's technical features. he proved its a coat that will do its job well. and that is keep you warm. regardless of how it looks aesthetically.

>D you think these kids know that ****? or care? id bet money that it is not the case. hood or not, there is an irrational mentality that motivates these kids into purchasing or killing for a hurt locker suit. im betting its not because they think Marmot is a proven brand that makes quality winter gear...
The logic is flawed because there's too many things that are expensive so why pick a coat?It has to be another reason besides "it shows I got money" .. It's more "I got money and my *** is warm"

What job interview @ 15-17 do you need a $700 suit for? :stoneface:

You can walk into McDonald's wearing jean shorts chewing bubble gum and get a job.

So you think it's ok for a 16 year old to get a $700 suit for a minimum wage job and funerals :lol:

Did you guys miss the first half f my post? Money is better off saved then spent. I don't condone any kid of that age spending 600-700 on a piece of clothing. The suit comment was meant somewhat sarcastically. That said if youre gonna spend that type of money on a status symbol piece of clothing spend it on a suit not a goretex jacket (assuming you live in an urban environment like NY)

Last edited:

What job interview @ 15-17 do you need a $700 suit for?
indifferent.gif

You can walk into McDonald's wearing jean shorts chewing bubble gum and get a job.

So you think it's ok for a 16 year old to get a $700 suit for a minimum wage job and funerals
laugh.gif

Did you guys miss the first half f my post? Money is better off saved then spent. I don't condone any kid of that age spending 600-700 on a piece of clothing. The suit comment was meant somewhat sarcastically. That said if youre gonna spend that type of money on a status symbol piece of clothing spend it on a suit not a goretex jacket (assuming you live in an urban environment like NY)
i mean im no expert on what urban kids in NY do for fun these days but im pretty sure they would get more use out of a coat than a suit. 

Who cares what they spend it on, it's their money.

People buy $50,000 cars, when they could buy a $5,000 used one.
People buy $5,000 watches, when they could buy one for $20.
People up here buy $200 sneakers.

Adults do it too.

Who cares. It's the American way.

It's THEIR money.

I'm sure you've spent your money on something you wanted or bought something expensive, even though you have this holier than thou attitude.

Kids grow b

and tastes change so there's no reason to assume he'll want the coat one or two years from now

Playing devils advocate Ninja had his since before 09 i think he said so thats quite some time for a coat.

Kids grow b

Playing devils advocate Ninja had his since before 09 i think he said so thats quite some time for a coat.
da trick is ALWAYS buy things that withstand da test of time, i still got my North Face bubble they tried me for in 1997 right now, and its

STILL a capable jacket that i can wear in 2013, my steep tech i dropped almost 500 for almost 10 years ago is still very contemporary, and my

first edition north face snorkel i got in 2001 is still more than respectable.

That said if youre gonna spend that type of money on a status symbol piece of clothing spend it on a suit not a goretex jacket (assuming you live in an urban environment like NY)
"Status" is a subjective term.

da trick is ALWAYS buy things that withstand da test of time, i still got my North Face bubble they tried me for in 1997 right now, and its

STILL a capable jacket that i can wear in 2013, my steep tech i dropped almost 500 for almost 10 years ago is still very contemporary, and my

I had that when it came out... fur and no patches... it was beyond my warmest jacket..

then i copped the summit series version in 03

Kids grow b

I have my 600 and the snorkel but ive havent bought a real winter coat in a couple years now.

not since HS really cause i hated the way my snorkel would touch the floor when i put it on the back of my seat.

Varsity jacket and hoody is good enough for me to go from the car to the house or work

Last edited:

I had that when it came out... fur and no patches... it was beyond my warmest jacket..

then i copped the summit series version in 03
its da truth, i got da blue and black 2 tone, with da upper arm pocket, only reason i even looked at da marmot is because i needed a black

heavy duty coat, i was tired of matching blue outfits everytime i wanted to stay real warm with da snorkel
laugh.gif

He's a grown man
Dude shot is still in high school

Pretty sure there were numerous threads on here over the years of dudes saying they bought item x and thought they were doing it and then got tired of it

Dude shot was 20 years old. The shooter was 16 and the paralyzed kid is 14

Next time I visit NY ima look like a bum, and wear a motorcycle helmet so nobody randomly KO's me.

He's a grown man
Dude shot is still in high school

Pretty sure there were numerous threads on here over the years of dudes saying they bought item x and thought they were doing it and then got tired of it

These kids have been wearing Merms since i was in HS i dont think anything is changing it is one of the go to winter coats. The pics of the power rangers with the skittles colors have been posted for years

The logic is flawed because there's too many things that are expensive so why pick a coat?It has to be another reason besides "it shows I got money" .. It's more "I got money and my *** is warm"

i mean yea maybe. other reason like i said was the alleged concealment features the coat offers. otherwise, why not throw on a champion hoody and a flight jacket or some ******** like

13390353.jpg

Back
Top Bottom