Kid shot & paralyzed over Marmot "biggie" coat @ Bryant Park VOL Hurtlocker coat makin waves in NY

they're bacccck...

marmot-colossus-jacket-mens-7.jpg

https://www.marmot.com/colossus-jac..._Jacket#srule=price-high-to-low&sz=48&start=1

technically a new coat (Colossus, old ones were mammoth) but basically da same Goretex, 700 fill down parka updated.
Come on son, that looks nothing like a real biggie. I hate when these companies copy their own design

da way da coat pecking order usually goes is although all kinds of flavas of expensive jackets gets flossed in NYC, but for da most scrupulous buyers who need to daily drive one particular go to style, one brand usually breaks through as da HNIC.

-North Face had their run on top undisputed for decades, they're not number 1 anymore but still more than acceptable as fly wear.

-Marmot up until a couple years were da new kid in town and became da new HNIC with da goretex big Parka, dethroning North Face in NYC, currently on par with North face in term of fly

-Canada Goose is currently da new HNIC coat in NYC, after Marmot gave up da spot voluntarily when they discontinued da biggie goretex for a few years, and Canada Goose filled da vacuum.

maybe it's just me, but i dont recall seeing marmot that often if at all. From what i remember after the steep tech, canada goose was the move.

In Cali I throw on the Canada Goose during those 3-4 days a year it hits under 55 and gets windy (I have to stand outside ton wait for my trains back and forth from work). Yeah, I know we're soft :lol: I bought it for my work trips which involves me going to cities where it's 0-10 degrees out, so I do actually need it though. I have a model that's slim cut, so it doesn't look out of place in Cali compared to those huge ugly @#% North Face and Marmot jackets.

Last edited:
In Cali I throw on the Canada Goose during those 3-4 days a year it hits under 55 and gets windy (I have to stand outside ton wait for my trains back and forth from work). Yeah, I know we're soft :lol: I bought it for my work trips which involves me going to cities where it's 0-10 degrees out, so I do actually need it though. I have a model that's slim cut, so it doesn't look out of place in Cali compared to those huge ugly @#% North Face and Marmot jackets.

Your mad cool b

maybe it's just me, but i dont recall seeing marmot that often if at all. From what i remember after the steep tech, canada goose was the move.

nah, Marmot definitely reigned between Steeptech North Face & now Canada Goose

here's reference examples.

Darius Miles Clippers authentic let's you know exactly what era this was, this is when Marmot started to creep into da to HNIC position.

IMG_9374.PNG

This is a real mans jacket, you getting roasted for that little boy whoever rock that garbage garbage garbage garbage fake *** big boy

I don't know how marmot can disrespect their own jacket, either do it right or leave it alone. You got me excited thinking they really did start to reproduce em and then I seen what you were talking about...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

The biggie is the best coat any company made real talk. Done rocked mine 5 years + and it's still Gucci

IMG_9374.PNG

This is a real mans jacket, you getting roasted for that little boy whoever rock that garbage garbage garbage garbage fake *** big boy

that's not even da original big boy though :lol:

by da time they were discontinued they were revised several times.

i got da 2006 marmot goretex big parka with da chest pockets

here's some auction pics with my identical one.

Screenshot_20171123-035329.png
Screenshot_20171123-034624.png
Screenshot_20171123-035333.png
Screenshot_20171123-035337.png

my coat was da last year of tonal embroidered sleeves and branding.

you're concept of what a "big boy" is misinformed.

da OG big boy was literally identical to da white horse model beefed up with goretex.

Trust me I know how them joints began, the big parka is more valid then the "colussus" they got now, but still ain't the same as when paragon was exclusively carrying mammoths. The colorway s they had like that blue purple, straight up sex. If you have any of them not cooked I'd cop off you

Whitehorse and Yukons were the broke boy version of the biggie. Those were rocked by people who were scared to rock the official biggie in fear of getting robbed or those who couldn't afford the $600+ and didn't know how to wait out a sale.

The moral of my story is the colossus looks nothing like the biggie, if someone rocks that and says they got a biggie on they would be lying.

Little biggie :rofl:
Back around 2008-2012 it was a hierarchy of jackets. Little boys was rocked by dudes just tryna stay warm but not really fly, basically a little bit above the brolic *** north face after it got played out, and the mammoth (biggie) was rocked by the upper echelon. Dudes were getting got left and right for em, and I'm not even talking about dudes that was *****, even valid cats was getting got for they ****s if they got caught slipping, especially in the BX.

Back
Top Bottom