Kid shot & paralyzed over Marmot "biggie" coat @ Bryant Park VOL Hurtlocker coat makin waves in NY

Back around 2008-2012 it was a hierarchy of jackets. Little boys was rocked by dudes just tryna stay warm but not really fly, basically a little bit above the brolic *** north face after it got played out, and the mammoth (biggie) was rocked by the upper echelon. Dudes were getting got left and right for em, and I'm not even talking about dudes that was *****, even valid cats was getting got for they ****s if they got caught slipping, especially in the BX.

All facts. I had the exact same orange joint you posted along with my black moncler Everest in high school (2007-2009) and _s was getting robbed left and right. I had a reputation so I didn't deal with those issues but I was always weary rocking my **** in hoods where I wasn't known

Whitehorse and Yukons were the broke boy version of the biggie. Those were rocked by people who were scared to rock the official biggie in fear of getting robbed or those who couldn't afford the $600+ and didn't know how to wait out a sale.

wouldn't say all that, some people just couldn't fit em (women, kids)

da yukon cost more then a white horse, and more than any North Face not named a steep tech.

for years i refused to cop a marmot (i was up on em waaaay back in 2002) cuz they were too bland lookin for da price they were charging, till i relented and bought my 2006 goretex big boy, and only because da 2006 had da chest pockets.

All facts. I had the exact same orange joint you posted along with my black moncler Everest in high school (2007-2009) and _s was getting robbed left and right. I had a reputation so I didn't deal with those issues but I was always weary rocking my **** in hoods where I wasn't known
Had or have? I wouldnt mind copping a new joint for this winter :lol:

And yea it was crazy, I went to high school down on Wall Street and even down there dudes were getting robbed. I was the only white boy who copped that **** and was rocking it, I know dudes was plotting on the low...... nobody was taking my **** though
dudes was getting got for moncler too but not quite on that biggie level, that was completely different.
Also on gym day I definitely was not wearing the big boy, no way I was leaving that mark in a busted old unaccompanied locker :lol:

wouldn't say all that, some people just couldn't fit em (women, kids)

da yukon cost more then a white horse, and more than any North Face not named a steep tech.

for years i refused to cop a marmot (i was up on em waaaay back in 2002) cuz they were too bland lookin for da price they were charging, till i relented and bought my 2006 goretex big boy, and only because da 2006 had da chest pockets.
I've done seen chicks, damn near under 5 foot tall chicks rocking biggies. That's why they are called biggies, they are meant to be big as hell on you :lol:
And I don't mean broke like dirt broke ramen noodle broke, I meant it like them dudes who rocked polo boots and single soled timberlands broke. Cutting corners tryna play it off but as soon as you seen them pockets it was a dub :lol:

It’s crazy how much my taste in jackets changed. I used to love the big parkas but I just got a Patagonia 800 down. Thing is super light and warm

It’s crazy how much my taste in jackets changed. I used to love the big parkas but I just got a Patagonia 800 down. Thing is super light and warm
Those light jackets are no good if it's super brick *** outside. In a merm you could be shirtless and sweating in freezing weather

Those light jackets are no good if it's super brick *** outside. In a merm you could be shirtless and sweating in freezing weather

I tend to layer so the Patagonia is perfect. Plus its 800 fill and windproof, so I’ll be out there in a T-shirt with no issues. NY winter isn’t as harsh as it seems.

Had or have? I wouldnt mind copping a new joint for this winter :lol:

And yea it was crazy, I went to high school down on Wall Street and even down there dudes were getting robbed. I was the only white boy who copped that **** and was rocking it, I know dudes was plotting on the low...... nobody was taking my **** though
dudes was getting got for moncler too but not quite on that biggie level, that was completely different.
Also on gym day I definitely was not wearing the big boy, no way I was leaving that mark in a busted old unaccompanied locker :lol:

Had, unfortunately. I was living with my grandmother at the time uptown right after my pops got married and moved to Harlem. I ain't want to go with him cause I ain't **** with his wife and would no longer have my own room so I decided to stay with my grandmother. Grams ain't want me there no more after a while cause I wasn't paying rent and I was running the streets barely there. Spent most of my time outside or at my boys spot or a chicks crib. She kept telling my pops she wanted me out but nobody was taking her threats serious. The summer came and I went to ATL to visit my mom's so my grandmother saw a opportunity and took it. Her and her boyfriend took all my **** that was in the closet and threw it out, orange biggie, moncler coat, vest, among other things. Found it funny how all my kicks were still there and my electronics but she threw out the clothes I left there along with all my winter stuff. **** still gets me tight when I think about it I could never do some grimey **** like that

Had, unfortunately. I was living with my grandmother at the time uptown right after my pops got married and moved to Harlem. I ain't want to go with him cause I ain't **** with his wife and would no longer have my own room so I decided to stay with my grandmother. Grams ain't want me there no more after a while cause I wasn't paying rent and I was running the streets barely there. Spent most of my time outside or at my boys spot or a chicks crib. She kept telling my pops she wanted me out but nobody was taking her threats serious. The summer came and I went to ATL to visit my mom's so my grandmother saw a opportunity and took it. Her and her boyfriend took all my **** that was in the closet and threw it out, orange biggie, moncler coat, vest, among other things. Found it funny how all my kicks were still there and my electronics but she threw out the clothes I left there along with all my winter stuff. **** still gets me tight when I think about it I could never do some grimey **** like that
Damn they did you dirty, that's wild. The family I live with would never dream of doing something like that. Someone got lit off of finding that garbage/goodwill.

I tend to layer so the Patagonia is perfect. Plus its 800 fill and windproof, so I’ll be out there in a T-shirt with no issues. NY winter isn’t as harsh as it seems.
Yea I don't really do the layered look, wouldn't work for me.

Wanted a biggie back in like 06-07. Seen a ***** on 116th in el barrio get his took, then saw someone else get jumped for his on grand concourse. Decided against it. :lol:

The moral of my story is the colossus looks nothing like the biggie, lying.

that's not true b.

it looks VERY similar to my biggie, once again, not all Biggies looked da same, da vado video biggies were just white horses on steroids.

da marmot Colossus parka is 700 fill, and goretex. that usually classified what a biggie was.

That's why they are called biggies, they are meant to be big as hell on you

naw b.

Screenshot_20171123-035337.png

da slang term "biggie" comes from da fact that for many years da 700 fill gortex parka was literally called "Marmot big parka" da "mammoth name is when they redesigned em again and called em a "mammoth" but da slang "biggie" terms remained.

Only if u drive...if ur walking or taking da train all day, you're freezing your *** off.

that's not true b.

it looks VERY similar to my biggie, once again, not all Biggies looked da same, da vado video biggies were just white horses on steroids.

da marmot Colossus parka is 700 fill, and goretex. that usually classified what a biggie was.

naw b.

Screenshot_20171123-035337.png

da slang term "biggie" comes from da fact that for many years da 700 fill gortex parka was literally called "Marmot big parka" da "mammoth name is when they redesigned em again and called em a "mammoth" but da slang "biggie" terms remained.
Just cuz you got the wack one doesn't mean it's valid. Mammoth is the best biggie and the colossus does not look similar at all, if you wanna pretend to be fly go ahead and cop I'm good.

Wanted a biggie back in like 06-07. Seen a ***** on 116th in el barrio get his took, then saw someone else get jumped for his on grand concourse. Decided against it. :lol:

Know someone that got thrown thru glass at a chicken spot because he didnt give his up

Ppl stabbed shot over that jacket, wanted one, then i said ill think ill pass :lol:

^ i guess they be like 'if i cant have it, nobody can have it. and im mad so imma stab you at the same time'

Just cuz you got the wack one doesn't mean it's valid

my man stop being stubborn, Mammoth weren't even da original "Biggie" :lol:

like i said before, Marmot called em "big parka" for at least almost a decade before they were called mammoth...da Colossus is da same idea...its da same coat specs, 700 fill, goretex parka.

also cost da same price, 600+

Back
Top Bottom