Kobe Bryant = PLAYER OF THE CENTURY???

Are you serious?
Kareem played for the Lakers for 14 years same with Jerry West and also Kobe didn't even start for the Lakers his first 2 seasons.
Yet he still managed to pass all them while having to being told to defer and play with Shaq for about 8 years.
Fixed

Timmy won one of those rings in a strike shortened season in 1999 and was apart of the Bronze medal 2004 Olympic team.
Again the mag is basing it off players from 2000 to now.
yea aint count the 1st ring bc it came in 99 but regardless from 2000 to now he has 3 ring 3-0 in finals and thats was a dumb team in 04 bron, amare wade n melo got tony douglas minutes lol

Are you serious?
Kareem played for the Lakers for 14 years same with Jerry West and also Kobe didn't even start for the Lakers his first 2 seasons.
Yet he still managed to pass all them while having to defer and play with Shaq for about 8 years.
regardless he played for the lakers long than any other player but defer how he never toned his game down  the year they won the 3rd chip he led the team in scoring at 30ppg dats not deferring and even if y not shaq was better than kobe during the championship years.

especially timmy in the 2000s he got a gold medal, 3 rings 2 finals mvps, 2 league mvps, multiple all-star appearences & defensive teams he is up there 
Timmy never won back to back rings and had David Robinson for 2 of those rings.
Is this serious?

This is something else "Oh he never won back to back rings" Does that make anything he did any less significant? 

"David Robinson for 2 of those rings"- Guess Shaq was a nobody, you made yourself look silly with that one.

Its cool that you're a Laker fan and all, I grew up in a Laker household, but please stop trying to disrespect Tim Duncan as if he is a run of the mill basketball player.

Last edited:
kobehaters.gif

For now I guess. But so early to tell...

it's like saying a dude is worth winning the MVP award because he made 50 points in the first game.

Is this serious?

This is something else "Oh he never won back to back rings" Does that make anything he did any less significant? 

"David Robinson for 2 of those rings"- Guess Shaq was a nobody, you made yourself look silly with that one.

Its cool that you're a Laker fan and all, I grew up in a Laker household, but please stop trying to disrespect Tim Duncan as if he is a run of the mill basketball player.
Took the words outta my mouth.

If we are talking this century then yeah.. Not even a Kobe fan. He has a complete body of work and has been able to perform at a high level even at his age.

Really? some people are mentioning MJ? ... :stoneface:

Can you guys at least google what century means..

How can you say Kobe's "player of the Century' when we're barely 10% through it? Player of the decade, very well perhaps. Century? lmk in 90 years.

DIME magazine is so smart. Release an issue with Kobe saying he's player of the century 12 and 1/2 years in. Jordan stans will be quick to defend cause they could think it means last 100 years. Lebron fans will challenge cause he could pass Kobe in the next 88 years. :lol: Cause controversy and sell issues. You so smart Dime

DIME magazine is so smart. Release an issue with Kobe saying he's player of the century 12 and 1/2 years in. Jordan stans will be quick to defend cause they could think it means last 100 years. Lebron fans will challenge cause he could pass Kobe in the next 88 years. :lol: Cause controversy and sell issues. You so smart Dime

This is true.

Timmy never won back to back rings and had David Robinson for 2 of those rings.
timmy never lost in the finals either 4-0 ...kobe 5-7

Why Dunc only been to the finals 4 times? Why Kobe's team been 7 times?

Why Duncan's teams only beat Kobe's team in the playoffs once? Why Kobe's team knock Timmy the **** out 4 times?

Why Kobe's teams go back to back to back finals twice in a decade? Why Tim never been to even back to back finals?

Kobe in the Western Conference Finals since 2000 7-0. Duncan is like 4-3. (couple of those losses to Kobe)

Oh and uh, just in case I get to hear that wonderful Kobe had Shaq stuff, Kobe was 22 in 2001 and dropped like 48 IN San Antonio I believe. Or maybe it was 45. Can't remember, either way, Shaq did work in the finals, Kobe killed the Western Conference teams in that run. Port, San An, Sac, etc.

But yeah, you right, Dunc never lost in the Finals, he just got there half as many times. (oh and BTW, one of his times was in the last century, if we're breakin this down from 2000 :wink: )

Why Dunc only been to the finals 4 times? Why Kobe's team been 7 times?
Why Duncan's teams only beat Kobe's team in the playoffs once? Why Kobe's team knock Timmy the **** out 4 times?
Why Kobe's teams go back to back to back finals twice in a decade? Why Tim never been to even back to back finals?
Kobe in the Western Conference Finals since 2000 7-0. Duncan is like 4-3. (couple of those losses to Kobe)
Oh and uh, just in case I get to hear that wonderful Kobe had Shaq stuff, Kobe was 22 in 2001 and dropped like 48 IN San Antonio I believe. Or maybe it was 45. Can't remember, either way, Shaq did work in the finals, Kobe killed the Western Conference teams in that run. Port, San An, Sac, etc.
But yeah, you right, Dunc never lost in the Finals, he just got there half as many times. (oh and BTW, one of his times was in the last century, if we're breakin this down from 2000 :wink: )

Whats up with these nebulous claims.

We're 12 years into ...100 years. 
laugh.gif

Talk about moving the goalposts. 

Back
Top Bottom