Kobe Bryant = PLAYER OF THE CENTURY???

Someone really had the nerve to say that Kevin Garnett is better than Tim Duncan
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
he's a better scorer,defender,passer,free throw shooter and rebounder , better overall offensive aresnal imo aswell

no disrespect to tim

Last edited:
he's a better defender,r,free throw shooter and rebounder , better overall offensive aresnal imo aswell
no disrespect to tim

All that but still only got kg one ring and no Finals MVPs.

also the GPFOAT Duncan is 44 - 17 vs kg teams. Including playoffs.

Dont be disrespectful. :smh:

Last edited:
All that but still only got kg one ring and no Finals MVPs.
Dont be disrespectful.
mean.gif
damn you quoted me before i edited and threw in passer  
laugh.gif

so thank you for acknowledging that the spurs where better than the timberwolves

so far we've acknowledged that 

garnett is the better

scorer

defender

rebounder

shooter

passer

free throw shooter

and that the spurs supporting cast was better than troy hudson

Also it's just very difficult to take a perimeter player over any dominant center, just the way the game of basketball works having a complete center like Timmy or Shaq in there primes the have such an out sized impact on the game.

In all time basketball discussions it's really unfair to compare any other players to a truly great and complete center.

Last edited:
Someone really had the nerve to say that Kevin Garnett is better than Tim Duncan
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
he's a better scorer,defender,free throw shooter and rebounder , better overall offensive aresnal imo aswell

no disrespect to tim
Only 1 of these things is true. He is nowhere near a better scorer or defender than Tim Duncan. Before you pull PPGs (which you couldnt even use because Duncans prime years are far superior to Garnetts) and use those as the basis of your argument just remember that Tim Duncan plays for Gregg Pop. Who knows what he could have been doing if he was playing under a coach that didnt run a team oriented offense all the time. 26 PPG would have been cracked several years.

Defender is also no. Thats not a slight to KG either I think hes a great defender hes just not better than Tim Duncan. Tim Duncans defensive prowess is largely under rated along with the rest of his game simply because of his demeanor. Hes not going to get a ton of blocks and hound people because thats not his game, but what he was, was an excellent shot blocker and a huge deterrent in regards to entering the paint.

Free Throw shooter you can have. Hes fine without that.

Rebounder is about equal imo.

Having a larger array of moves does not necessarily equal to having a better offensive arsenal. Tim Duncan has go too moves that are impossible to stop, theres no need for him to have a ton of go to moves when he has 3 that consistently work year after year after year after year.
so far we've acknowledged that 

garnett is the better

scorer

defender

rebounder

shooter

passer

free throw shooter
Who has acknowledged these things? You've made a ton of baseless and also WRONG claims thats all you've done

If I had to choose between Timmy or KG I'm going with Timmy, slightly. That being said,
Duncans prime years are far superior to Garnetts
That's just flat out not true. Stop exaggerating to prove a point.
I just corrected you on this a few weeks ago. The article you got that from is wrong. Duncan's teams are 29-19 against KG's teams including playoffs. Look for yourself.  In any case, that's irrelevant anyway.
KG is nowhere near the defender TD is? 
laugh.gif
Exactly, they are two of the greatest defenders ever. Saying either of them isn't close to the other is ridiculous. They are both the quarterbacks of their respective defenses, they are two of the smartest defenders ever, they know where all 5 guys should be at all times and direct traffic accordingly. Defensively I'm giving the slight edge to KG because he's quicker and his ability to guard pick and rolls is unmatched. His ability to contain guards on the perimeter and recover to the bigs is so valuable.

Last edited:
This thread makes me wish even more that A.I. got his ring in 2001 with that ragtag group of Mutombo, McKie, Snow, Lynch, Hill, etc. One of the most brilliant NBA playoff runs I've ever witnessed through Toronto and Milwaukee.

Give me Garnett with Duncan's situation and what do the Spurs really lose? Someone tell me.

Still being unfaithful to his wife shows bad character. I just don't like that. 
Regular dudes cheat on their wife left and right in this day and age. A superstar like Kobe can't help but get panties throw at him on the road.

You seriously can't be that naive. I'm 100% sure Venessa invite dude over everytime Kobe is on the road.

^ I like Duncan but people r disrespecting KG by putting him way below Timmy. They put up pretty similar numbers even though they brought different things to the table. I just feel that people are over hyping Timmy because of all of his championships. Nonetheless, he is still one of the best.

^ All three replies above me are the truth.

TD and KG are my two favorite players in the NBA. Dudes do whatever it takes to win including letting their numbers take a backseat for the good of the team. Each of them couldve averaged 30+ a game for their careers but played unselfish team basketball and never put themselves before their team. Two old school players that brought it every night both offensively and defensively in a way we might never see again from the power foward position.

Last edited:
And LOL at dudes saying Timmy never won back to backs as a way to negate all hes accomplished. Straight Clownin.

^ I like Duncan but people r disrespecting KG by putting him way below Timmy. They put up pretty similar numbers even though they brought different things to the table. I just feel that people are over hyping Timmy because of all of his championships. Nonetheless, he is still one of the best.

Strongly agree with this.

honesty its a 3 man race between kobe, timmy n shaq in that order kobe has a slight edge over timmy but timmy is in the discussion

Back
Top Bottom