Kobe Bryant = PLAYER OF THE CENTURY???

I know this is an on goin debate but a spoke toa few kobe and non kobe fans and some agreed some disagree. Some people dnt see anyone as being better than Jordan. For those that agree i im curious to you know what ur reasons are and same for those that disagree. 

january 22, 2006

81 points

nuff said

jk but just waiting for ppl to get in on this

Last edited:
Michael Jordan

6-0 in the NBA Finals.

6x Finals MVP

Kobe can have the Dime cover.

Goodnight.

Yea of course....The only other person I even see as close Is TImmy D

Last edited:
yeah if kobe is one of the the greatest players of the 2000s i can agree with that much but what makes him the greatest.  Its not rings bc theres players that got just as many or more than him this century (horry and fisher have 5 also), its not mvps he got 1, nash, bron & duncan got more than that, its not scoring titles he got 2, so did t-mac, ai and durant got more this century. so wat makes hims the player of the century. I can say maybe complete body of work, or that he is the jordan of this century.

Answered your own question. Complete body of work. Scoring Titles, Only 1 MVP but always in the running. Rings including 2 Finals MVP. Only challenger is Timmy D or Shaq but Shaq's 2nd half is an ending flame so I wouldn't pick him over the other 2

i think aside from all the accomplishments and achievements, Kobe is different because his peers respect him(outside of Chris Childs and Doug Christie lol)

say what you want but, since 2000 Kobe has been the most marketable on a global scale

i think aside from all the accomplishments and achievements, Kobe is different because his peers respect him(outside of Chris Childs and Doug Christie lol)
say what you want but, since 2000 Kobe has been the most marketable on a global scale
now that is true i would say unless til about 09 maybe even 10 a majority of nba players were saying kobe was the best in the game 

OP should have read and posted the Dime magazines editor note found here:

Here are the facts: If you are reading this magazine, I am likely older than you. I don’t think that I am “old” per se – aged just 35 years – but in the grand scheme of our brand’s core demographic, I am certainly skirting the outer reaches of what research tells us about the age of Dime Magazine’s readership.

It wasn’t always this way. When we first launched this magazine (11 years ago now), we were the generation of “now” for basketball. Players like Allen Iverson embodied how the game and its culture had dramatically shifted from the world of Larry, Magic and Michael, to A.I., Baron Davis and T-Mac. We even published an early issue that featured a posturing
Iverson, complete in doo-rag and sunglasses, the only copy on the entire cover reading “Allen Iverson: The Definition of Now.” At the time, it was entirely true.

Along the way, as is always the case, we were replaced. Allen and his peers, despite dramatically changing the game forever, slowly transitioned into the rearview mirror, their meaning and impact faded, ghostly memories to new generations of basketball fans brought up smack in the center of the LeBron James Era of the game. So what does this have to do with this issue?

Everything.

For the first decade of this magazine’s life, we approached the game through the lens of the “Dime Generation,” a time that began roughly 20-25 years ago and stretched to what naïve part of us felt would always be “present day.” This is no longer the case. As I am sure you are aware, the game and it’s culture are officially being piloted by a new generation of
players, personalities and trends. After much unscientific debate, we decided to take a new look at basketball in hyper-current terms, focusing on the best the game has had to offer from the year 2000 and on. Looking at players, sneakers, commercials, and more, this issue ranks the best that this century has had to offer; its creation driven by young guns
steadfastly rooted in the prime of this new breed, led by Senior Editor Sean Sweeney.

We love how this issue has turned out, and now we can focus on looking forward. We can’t wait to see what comes next.

– Patrick Cassidy, Co-founder, Dime Magazine

Link:

http://dimemag.com/2012/09/dime-71-basketballs-best-since-2000-issue/

This mag is basing it off players from 2000 to now not when Jordan was in his prime in the 90's.

Kobe is that dude though and is the best player of this generation. He's outlasted his peers and has won more rings than Duncan or Shaq.

He also became the Lakers franchise all time leading scorer. Which is no small accomplishment considering all of the great & hall of fame players to play for Lakers.

This thread will not end well though when AI slurpers, T-Mac slurpers, Lebron slurpers come in with their opinions.

Last edited:
Jordan credential's are better than Kobe's i just feel if i faced a team that had Jordan on it and put Kobe on him, I would get a stalemate in terms of their abilities and production. 

especially timmy in the 2000s he got a gold medal, 3 rings 2 finals mvps, 2 league mvps, multiple all-star appearences & defensive teams he is up there 

Timmy never won back to back rings and had David Robinson for 2 of those rings.

OP should have read and posted the Dime magazines editor note found here:
Link:
http://dimemag.com/2012/09/dime-71-basketballs-best-since-2000-issue/
This mag is basing it off players from 2000 to now not when Jordan was in his prime in the 90's.
Kobe is that dude though and is the best player of this generation. He's outlasted his peers and has won more rings than Duncan or Shaq.
He also became the Lakers franchise all time leading scorer. Which is no small accomplishment considering all of the great & hall of fame players to play for Lakers.
This thread will not end well though when AI slurpers, T-Mac slurpers, Lebron slurpers come in with their opinions.
it helps that he played for them for 17 years to i dnt think any other laker played with the franchise that long lol but it is a great accomplishment and he gets lots of donations. teams donates him sum great players like pau, like nash, like dwight lol

kobe_trophies_web.jpg

Last edited:
timmy never lost in the finals either 4-0 ...kobe 5-7

Timmy won one of those rings in a strike shortened season in 1999 and was apart of the Bronze medal 2004 Olympic team.

Again the mag is basing it off players from 2000 to now.

Do people not know what century means?

Jordan has nothing to do with the 21st century, relax. I think Jordan is better than Kobe as well but it has nothing to do with the debate.

So far in the 21st century I would agree, Kobe is the player. Once again, so far..

it helps that he played for them for 17 years to i dnt think any other laker played with the franchise that long lol but it is a great accomplishment and he gets lots of donations. teams donates him sum great players like pau, like nash, like dwight lol

Are you serious?

Kareem played for the Lakers for 14 years same with Jerry West and also Kobe didn't even start for the Lakers his first 2 seasons.

Yet he still managed to pass all them while having to defer and play with Shaq for about 8 years.

Back
Top Bottom