Kobe Bryant wearing Air Jordans in Games

Originally Posted by killacam92345

i wish kobe woulda signed with jordan
frown.gif

there's enough people that give JB a bad name ::cough:: melo ::cough:: kobe would just make it worse

Originally Posted by darealjkid

kobe wishes he was jordan
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
. first of all, no he doesn't. second of all...i wish you wouldn't post anymore.

For the period that Kobe wore AJ's on court....I can't say there was even one bad pair out of the bunch. That being said, it was for sure a good moveon Nike's part to "brand" kobe and give him his own line which has now become something really good even if the Kobe IV is just a"lowtop" hyperdunk.

the hate is starting to get ridiculous
Kobe is just as good as Jordan if not better...Its just too hard for some of you to get off of Jordans tip long enough to realize it

anyway heres an article(old but you get it):
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hill/070326

P.S. thought I show a little bit of it for the ones too lazy:
Kobe Bryant is better than Michael Jordan.
Not more successful.
Hasn't had a bigger economic impact.
Hasn't won more MVPs.
Hasn't won more titles.
But he's a better player.
Kobe can do everything Michael did, and even a few things Michael couldn't do

Kobe is just as good a defender. His killer instinct is just as pronounced. He can shoot, finish and explode. And just like Jordan, the more he's pissedoff, the more unstoppable he is.
Of course, the idea that Kobe is better than Jordan -- or even the best player in this league -- is as repugnant to some folks as a rectal exam. Even thoughKobe has proven himself under pressure countless times, he gets the A-Rod treatment.

Kobe can't please anyone. And it doesn't help that most people suffer from revisionist history when it comes to Jordan, forgetting that hewas just as poor a teammate and a ball hog and that he ran off coach Doug Collins like Kobe ran off Phil Jackson the first time.

In fact, you could argue that Jordan was even worse. Far as we know, Kobe hasn't jacked up any of his teammates the way Jordan punched out SteveKerr and Will Perdue at practice.

Kobe will never be forgiven for Shaq's departure, but you're delusional if you think Jordan wouldn't have had any ego issues playing alongside aplayer with Shaq's star power.

The best-player argument shouldn't be determined by personal dislike. But if you want to take it there, fine. Jordan was hardly the ideal husband, butonly the tabloids were brave enough to venture into his personal life. And what about those gambling issues? If Jordan's life had been covered likeKobe's, we would have an entirely different opinion of His Airness.

Besides a different level of media scrutiny, there was definitely a difference in the level of competition during Jordan's heyday compared to now

everybody know kobe rocked the jays, so tell dude in yo face like pietrus and howard last night!!!!!!!!!1

prolly the same kid that dont believe allen iverson....lebron......wore jordans either.........most new era basketball players that grew up idolizing jordanprolly wore em at one point....

The article has under estimated basketball legends that comprised the original Dream Team... It's not doing justice on the other end.. And yeah, Kobe looksgood in Jordans...

Originally Posted by lysolflow

i see more people wit kobes on than lebrons...

and if kobe woulda signed wit jordan brand... that woulda been nice to shoe heads, but that lingering shadow would always be there... and how is kobe not worthy of jordan brand... if you ask anybody, he's top 3 in the league, some say number one. but joe johnson, ray allen, and kevin martin from the kings are worthy? come on....

i just know that kobe's line is going strong... its nice to look back and see him jays, and hopefully he can bust out a few pair every now and again...

i can already see it coming though... kobe and jordan fusions... call them "zoom jordan 24s..." or zj24's....

combine the number to equal Kobe's number... like some jordan 18s and kobe 6s... and call those "old era, new era" packs... lol...
Please don't give Nike any ideas
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HalfKobe08

Ivehademall wrote:
Lebron, for example, is widely more popular...possibly because he presents his own personality and style.
Is he?

Does he really? So thats why he chose the #23??? Lmao, another copy cat if you ask me. Kobe is a beast. If all goes well, Kobe can get 7 ringz no lie lol. Look@ Jordan, he was still old and balling but I doubt Kobe wants to plat till hes like 38 lol.

Originally Posted by jordanpheen

Kobe is just as good as Jordan if not better...Its just too hard for some of you to get off of Jordans tip long enough to realize it

Not more successful.

Hasn't won more MVPs.
Hasn't won more titles.
You sir are officially an idiot. You just proved yourself to be very wrong. I have blocked you so i dont have to read anymore of your garbage.
MJ BEST ATHLETE TO EVER WALK THE EARTH.....your in time-out
Originally Posted by stevesteve72

Ivehademall wrote:
The problem I think many of us older (I'm 30) fans have is that Kobe = copycat MJ. Everything about him in the begining of his career until only recently was about copying MJ's stye. I mean there are 1000 examples I can think of, but look at him in those french blue 12's....Mj wore tall baggy socks with that model and so what does Kobe do?....take a look @ the pic in this very thread. His walk, they way he speaks in interviews....pretty much everything is MJ. I dont have the interview but he even admits to studying MJ. I know I'm not alone on this. The younger generation seems to only know MJ from pics and old game videos and doesnt notice this as much or at all....

Kobe = wannabe.

Whats wrong with wanting to be like mike?

Theres a difference between wanting to be like Mike and wanting to be then realizing you cant be and finding your own identity
Kobe is merely a Jordan imposter who is infatuated with MJ. Like a stalker and kinda freaky. MJ should get a restraining order.
MJ would have nothing to do wit Kobe and his tainted career.
Originally Posted by Ivehademall

The problem I think many of us older (I'm 30) fans have is that Kobe = copycat MJ. Everything about him in the begining of his career until only recently was about copying MJ's stye. I mean there are 1000 examples I can think of, but look at him in those french blue 12's....Mj wore tall baggy socks with that model and so what does Kobe do?....take a look @ the pic in this very thread. His walk, they way he speaks in interviews....pretty much everything is MJ. I dont have the interview but he even admits to studying MJ. I know I'm not alone on this. The younger generation seems to only know MJ from pics and old game videos and doesnt notice this as much or at all....

Kobe = wannabe.

This man speaks the truth. Very well said my friend. Good to see not everyone is blinded and starving for a NEW MJ not realizing it will never be.

Originally Posted by Swerv1n

Originally Posted by jordanpheen

Not more successful.

Hasn't won more MVPs.
Hasn't won more titles.
You sir are officially an idiot. You just proved yourself to be very wrong. I have blocked you so i dont have to read anymore of your garbage.
MJ BEST ATHLETE TO EVER WALK THE EARTH.....your in time-out
laugh.gif
this guy
indifferent.gif
\
Im an idiot because I have an opinion???...rrrrriiiiiigggggghhhhhhtttt
indifferent.gif

pay attention...that was in an article but yes I have to agree with some of it(but what do I need to prove to you)
eyes.gif

get off Jordans tip
learn to read my whole post instead of trying to post a quick comeback for the lulz genius...you fail

to all the haters..

what did Kobe do to all of you that you have to hate him so bad? did he hit you or embarrass you personally that you have to hate him?... c'mon guys.. youhate on the guy who didn't do anything to you except Idolize the person you Idolize too..

still, the thread is very nice.. Kobe in J's is just classic..

Originally Posted by gijace

to all the haters..

what did Kobe do to all of you that you have to hate him so bad? did he hit you or embarrass you personally that you have to hate him?... c'mon guys.. you hate on the guy who didn't do anything to you except Idolize the person you Idolize too..

+1
exactly these dudes don't even know this guy in real life but still want to hate
good point though...it seems to be ok for them to idolize MJ...but an actual player thats in the same profession as mike can't
indifferent.gif

yeah some people are OD on MJs tip

Originally Posted by Ivehademall

Kobe = wannabe.

Im not too young to know that and im 21 kobe has no personality plus every aspect of his game is similar to jordan but thats not nothing to be mad about istill enjoy wathing him play just wish he was more of an individual.....lovin the jays tho...

ppl dont know b4 there was kobe bryant there was eddie jones

kobe is not better than jordan. kobe is a little better than eddie jones in his prime imo

Originally Posted by gijace

to all the haters..

what did Kobe do to all of you that you have to hate him so bad? did he hit you or embarrass you personally that you have to hate him?... c'mon guys.. you hate on the guy who didn't do anything to you except Idolize the person you Idolize too..

He committed rape and paid his victom off to avoid jail time.....bought his wife a forgive me present......and changed his number.....
indifferent.gif

He's a conceited ball-hog. Jordan took alot of shots too... but NEVER went 13 of 38 from the field...
sick.gif
....not to mention his 81 point game against the worst team in the country at thetime he simply ran up the score to get his numbers. MJ couldve done that against the Cavs wit his 61 points but respects the game and its players not too.

i agree wit u though this thread is.......
pimp.gif

You sir(swirv1).... probably one of the dumbest ppl here on Niketalk.... You get bagged on by teenagers in the Nike Retro forums, in the Nike forums andeverywhere else for that matter.....

I'm on my iphone so I really can't lash out on the reason why Kobe is slightly better than Jordan... But one thing I will tell you to do.... GET ONYOUTUBE.... TYPE " KOBE JORDAN COMPARISONS by PHIL JACKSON "...... If there is one person that can truly answer that, it's PHIL... And guess whohe goes with as a better player?..... And don't forget... Kobes only gona get better.... This is an early comparison... And YES... I grew up watchingJORDAN and idolizing the man.... But Kobe is just something else that Jordan never had and could probably never have done with the HIGH LEVEL of TALENT thatthere is now....

I'll be back to post the reaons and interviews and so much more. And to the guy/kid that said lebron is more marketable?..... FYI... Kobe outsells lebron.These are Facts. And he outsells JB in Asia.... Someone bring up the reports please.

Jordan played against smothering defenders around the perimeter with bumping and hand checking in Kobe era you cant even breathe on the man with out calling afoul. Jordan the best in his era Kobe the best in His era. From my eyes Jordan > Kobe, now back to topic I would love to have those lakers CW III andVIII
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom