Kobe Bryant wins 2007-2008 NBA MVP

Here is a qoute from Greg Popovich:

"Chris Paul runs what I call an organized playground offense," he said. "Byron is going to call plays for certain guys to get certain looks, and they do a great job with it.
"But, for a good portion of the time, Chris takes control with the basketball, and he makes a decision. He might dribble it 10 times, he might go through three or four screens, but he has an uncanny ability, and spatial awareness, to know where all his teammates are and how to get the ball to them. At the same time, he's a hell of a scorer. His decision-making is tremendous. And, with the individual skill that he has to go with it, it just makes him impossible to handle."
I always bring up this point when discussing players like Lebron, CP3, and Nash...these guys sometimes put up terrific stats because theydominate the basketball (mostly in a good way). All three excel in breaking down defenses and creating shots for themselves or teammates. A guy like Lebron issuch a good scorer that double teams are consistently thrown at him and he usually finds the open man...all his teammates have to do is mainly hit shots. Nashand CP3 are great in that pick and roll because both can hit that midrange jumper plus they are very good in reading how the pick and roll is being played sousually make the right decisions. Kobe's plays in that Triangle system that thrives on ball movement and passing, but he has the ability to go away fromthe offense at times and do his own thing...

I imagine if he was in a system similar to the other guys listed that he probably could put up similar numbers....but the only thing is I'm not reallyconvinced that a "one man" system is really effective enough to win a championship

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Here is a qoute from Greg Popovich:

"Chris Paul runs what I call an organized playground offense," he said. "Byron is going to call plays for certain guys to get certain looks, and they do a great job with it.
"But, for a good portion of the time, Chris takes control with the basketball, and he makes a decision. He might dribble it 10 times, he might go through three or four screens, but he has an uncanny ability, and spatial awareness, to know where all his teammates are and how to get the ball to them. At the same time, he's a hell of a scorer. His decision-making is tremendous. And, with the individual skill that he has to go with it, it just makes him impossible to handle."
I always bring up this point when discussing players like Lebron, CP3, and Nash...these guys sometimes put up terrific stats because they dominate the basketball (mostly in a good way). All three excel in breaking down defenses and creating shots for themselves or teammates. A guy like Lebron is such a good scorer that double teams are consistently thrown at him and he usually finds the open man...all his teammates have to do is mainly hit shots. Nash and CP3 are great in that pick and roll because both can hit that midrange jumper plus they are very good in reading how the pick and roll is being played so usually make the right decisions. Kobe's plays in that Triangle system that thrives on ball movement and passing, but he has the ability to go away from the offense at times and do his own thing...

I imagine if he was in a system similar to the other guys listed that he probably could put up similar numbers....but the only thing is I'm not really convinced that a "one man" system is really effective enough to win a championship

Which then leads to my next point....Let's take Lebron and Nash for instance....They dominate the ball and within reason they are both in the top fivein TO's per game. CP is not even in the TOP 30 for TO's per game. He was averaging a ridiculous 4.60:1 Ast:To ratio during the season.....I check statsall the way back to 2000-2001. NOT one player had a AST:TO ratio that high that started at least 75 games ($!+% Calderon
laugh.gif
) . The closet was Billups in 05-06 with 4.1:1.......

laugh.gif
Phil looks like a pimp w/ a cane

hmmmmmm...Kobe a harder worker than MJ???

Back
Top Bottom