Kobe Crazy 8s Re-Releasing Spring 2011

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Originally Posted by David Choi

I can't remember who brought it up, but someone was talking about the weight of the 2011's vs the original 2005 retro. I believe they said the 2011's were lighter?

I compared the purple pair I just picked up this week to two pairs of the original retro and the 2011's are definetly heavier. One of my original retro pairs are half a size smaller and they're still lighter than the 2011's.
xsalvioutlawx, the purples are made with suede n leather same as the yellow/purples. I have the yellows and they are heavier then the blk/white~ The blk/white is made of nubuck much lighter. Also, the suede made colorways are much harder to flex in the toe areas~

Oh one more thing, the 05 retros have a much harder toe box then the later retros. I had my toe nail came off after a game when I played in the lakers home colorway
frown.gif

I was considering it was because of the materials as well, it's a good observation, but I noticed that most of the weight difference was on the midsole...Then again it could of just been the way I was holding it.
laugh.gif

Would Patent leather weigh more? Because one of the 05's I compared my 2011's too were the Black/Gold which have patent on the whole shoe.

Damn....Sorry to hear about the nail, disgusting.
sick.gif

I would never wear these to ball in...I realize they're basketball shoes, but I bought them for casual wear because it's a classic and one of my favorite shoes in the Kobe line. But besides that they're too clunky for my taste after wearing all these super lite shoes.

Is Kobe wearing Black/Gold KB8's in this video? I didn't even remember them being an OG colorway until I saw this video a few years back.

oh unfortunately the blk/gold didnt came out to the public~ they were to celebrate kobe to win the dunk contest of the all star game.

about to pull the trigger on the uni. reds...anyone know of an adidas.com promo code?

Originally Posted by Wayne141

�
Got reminded of this old Adidas commercial. Don't think this was for the KB8s, but still one of my favorite Kobe commercials�
laugh.gif

I have never seen this! Wow!
smile.gif

I can't remember who brought it up, but someone was talking about the weight of the 2011's vs the original 2005 retro. I believe they said the 2011's were lighter?

I compared the purple pair I just picked up this week to two pairs of the original retro and the 2011's are definetly heavier. One of my original retro pairs are half a size smaller and they're still lighter than the 2011's.
xsalvioutlawx, the purples are made with suede n leather same as the yellow/purples. I have the yellows and they are heavier then the blk/white~ The blk/white is made of nubuck much lighter. Also, the suede made colorways are much harder to flex in the toe areas~

Oh one more thing, the 05 retros have a much harder toe box then the later retros. I had my toe nail came off after a game when I played in the lakers home colorway
frown.gif

I was considering it was because of the materials as well, it's a good observation, but I noticed that most of the weight difference was on the midsole...Then again it could of just been the way I was holding it.
laugh.gif

Would Patent leather weigh more? Because one of the 05's I compared my 2011's too were the Black/Gold which have patent on the whole shoe.

Damn....Sorry to hear about the nail, disgusting.
sick.gif

I would never wear these to ball in...I realize they're basketball shoes, but I bought them for casual wear because it's a classic and one of my favorite shoes in the Kobe line. But besides that they're too clunky for my taste after wearing all these super lite shoes.

Is Kobe wearing Black/Gold KB8's in this video? I didn't even remember them being an OG colorway until I saw this video a few years back.

This video is sick!
Fro-Be
frown.gif

For those whole have the white black how is the upper material on the shoe..its different from the blk/wht. The white one looks like it wrinkles quick

The white/black's upper is leather, completely different from the black/whites. It's pretty apparent even in pictures.

Originally Posted by AJ27526

How do these run size wise this time around?
same as last retro and og. for me 9.5 is my true size for nike, i wear a 10 in the crazy 8.

Originally Posted by Wayne141

Man I really hope the All-Stars drop, even though it doesn't look like it's happening. I don't understand why Adidas didn't just re-release them during All-Star weekend, especially since it was in LA this year. Would have been the perfect time to do so since the first shoes he ever wore in an All-Star game were these KB8s/Crazy 8s.
Maybe Adidas is waiting for the All-Star game to go to NY where kobe broke them out for the first time.
smokin.gif

Anybody else these are better than any other new Kobe's released?

I love the Crazy 8's

It may be me, but I prefer the '11s cushion to the '05s.

Granted, I logged in hella hours on court with the '05s. Doubt I'll ball in the '11s unless I scoop another pair.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Granted, I logged in hella hours on court with the '05s. Doubt I'll ball in the '11s unless I scoop another pair.
If you take out the insoles of the '11s pair, you would found out theres a soft (rubber like material) layer lying on top of the midsoles thats why its softer compare to the previous retros.

balloonoboy wrote:

If you take out the insoles of the '11s pair, you would found out theres a soft (rubber like material) layer lying on top of the midsoles thats why its softer compare to the previous retros.

Ahh thanks...didn't know that.

Back
Top Bottom