Kobe IV Appreciation thread

My hunt for these is finally over...so damn happy to have these in hand.

Congrats.

Thanks guys. The price on these now is horrible. I remember complaining about paying $220sh on my second pair :smh: Glad I did tho.

Yeah the prices for some of the IVs are ridiculous now. I couldn't even believe my eyes when I got MLKs for $220 just a couple weeks ago since all I had been seeing was $325-350+ for the longest time. The Chaos I copped came with a serious price tag though, but I've been trying to get those for a long *** time and just had to pull the trigger. Funny how prices in the 200s back in '09 seemed a bit much for some of these, but now those prices can be considered a steal :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
I paid 225 on release day for my MLKs. Two of my connects failed at HOH, so I jumped on the first decent price pair I saw. No regrets... Probably top 5 shoe of all time for me, def top ZKIV. I'd pay that much in a heart beat for a second pair.

Yea, the Chaos is what set me back :rolleyes.
I paid $275 I believe about 1 year ago for them. Finding them was hard to begin with but finding them in a 12 and DS was even harder. They're non-existent now.

Nice to see the thread still moving. No more luck for me on eBay. Still looking for carpes 11.5. I may never get them :frown:

The first Kobe IV's I bought were MPLS used for about $75 in rough shape. Loved them so much I now bought 4 more pairs Deadstock for $950 or $1000 total on ebay. I don't regret it, have worn one pair nonstop for a couple years and 3 more are DS and I will ziploc them (without cardboard because that can cause corrosion or yellowing)

The IV MPLS pairs I wore fit better than the 3 or 4 other Kobe IV's I had and ended up reselling those. Each IV fits differently even though they have a similar look.

I tried on the V, VI and VII's and generally most felt like a cheaper material, too low, and like I was swimming in them.

The IV is the greatest basketball shoe probably ever, comfort, durability, casual wear, and I don't even ball in them. (used to play as a kid)

I was at Kobe's 61 point game, but the Kobe shoe that says 61 on it didn't fit me as well as the MPLS pairs.

The first Kobe IV's I bought were MPLS used for about $75 in rough shape. Loved them so much I now bought 4 more pairs Deadstock for $950 or $1000 total on ebay. I don't regret it, have worn one pair nonstop for a couple years and 3 more are DS and I will ziploc them (without cardboard because that can cause corrosion or yellowing)

The IV MPLS pairs I wore fit better than the 3 or 4 other Kobe IV's I had and ended up reselling those. Each IV fits differently even though they have a similar look.

I tried on the V, VI and VII's and generally most felt like a cheaper material, too low, and like I was swimming in them.

The IV is the greatest basketball shoe probably ever, comfort, durability, casual wear, and I don't even ball in them. (used to play as a kid)

I was at Kobe's 61 point game, but the Kobe shoe that says 61 on it didn't fit me as well as the MPLS pairs.

Hunh??

but the Kobe shoe that says 61 on it didn't fit me as well as the MPLS pairs.

What are you referring to?
What Kobe shoe has "61" on it? I'm lost. He scored 61 in the Del Sol but what CW are you referring to that has "61" on it?

So, "just what I said" isn't making much sense. Elaborate please.

And ziplocs on your kicks? You're not doing yourself any favors by trying to "preserve" them or keep them "icy". Soles are meant to yellow. Just like kicks need to breathe.

Last edited:
Ok the POP Finals say "61 at MSG" in Grafitti on the outside of the top of the shoe. That is the blue and white one. There is an away version of that in black and yellow.

I just bought 3 ziploc bags thru ebay because I thought it would preserve them. Maybe that wasn't a good idea, thanks.

^ gotcha...but yea ziplocs are a no go my man. If you're that concerned about the soles, take the paper out of the box. No air will just dry them out and lead to a slew of bad things.

You may be right but the Mayor had a sneaker collection on Youtube and every sneaker is inside a sealed tight plastic box/case. That is basically the same as a ziploc bag... but I will consider it, I already bought the ziploc bags on ebay. I heard some ppl say you have to air them out once in a while with ziploc.

Either way, I can't stress enough that the KOBE IV MPLS pair (turquoise and white) are way more comfortable than the other pairs I tried and I tried 3 or 4. Just my opinion, you can't really go wrong with any IV's.

Ziplock bags... eBay? What? You know they have em at just about any grocery store out there right?

I keep all my. Shoes in ziplock bags, only because there's a lot of dust where I live and my shoes get very dusty while in the box. I haven't had any problems as of yet *knocks on wood*

You may be right but the Mayor had a sneaker collection on Youtube and every sneaker is inside a sealed tight plastic box/case. That is basically the same as a ziploc bag... but I will consider it, I already bought the ziploc bags on ebay. I heard some ppl say you have to air them out once in a while with ziploc.

Either way, I can't stress enough that the KOBE IV MPLS pair (turquoise and white) are way more comfortable than the other pairs I tried and I tried 3 or 4. The POP's suffocated my ankles, felt hard actually too tight around my ankles. This is just from every day use. Some Kobe's are actually looser around the ankles, I think the MPLS is just right. Just my opinion, you can't really go wrong with any IV's.

^ gotcha...but yea ziplocs are a no go my man. If you're that concerned about the soles, take the paper out of the box. No air will just dry them out and lead to a slew of bad things.

Either way, I can't stress enough that the KOBE IV MPLS pair (turquoise and white) are way more comfortable than the other pairs I tried and I tried 3 or 4. The POP's suffocated my ankles, felt hard actually too tight around my ankles. This is just from every day use. Some Kobe's are actually looser around the ankles, I think the MPLS is just right. Just my opinion, you can't really go wrong with any IV's.

The 2.5 gallon size Ziplocs will fit. No need to go on eBay. Check your local grocery/super store. They usually come in a pinkish box, 12 per pack.

My all time favorite Lower Merion shoe :pimp:

I've definitely been on a IV thing lately, 3rd IV pickup in the last month

Last edited:
Those were heavily slept on.... Mad I didn't pick em up the MULTIPLE chances I had >:

Nice pick up :smokin

Back
Top Bottom