Kobe Retire If Lakers Win Championship This Year??

Kobe retiring when he's still playing like a superstar?  
laugh.gif

And no...Kobe would never be a coach. He wouldn't be able to handle coaching players who don't have the same work ethic as him. He's said it himself that he wouldn't coach.

Kobe retiring when he's still playing like a superstar?  
laugh.gif

And no...Kobe would never be a coach. He wouldn't be able to handle coaching players who don't have the same work ethic as him. He's said it himself that he wouldn't coach.

Kobe as a coach would be funny though. Players leaving practice crying like the Miami Heat.

Kobe as a coach would be funny though. Players leaving practice crying like the Miami Heat.

Kob definitely won't leave when Phil does because then he'll hav the critics saying he can't so it without Phil, so hell set out to prove them wrong, as always. Hell do the impossible...then hell do it again. If they can pull Dwight and possibly CP3..I don't see why son can't get 8. Cuz fam will not stop. Dude seems so hungry for chips...you'd think his life depended on it lol

Kob definitely won't leave when Phil does because then he'll hav the critics saying he can't so it without Phil, so hell set out to prove them wrong, as always. Hell do the impossible...then hell do it again. If they can pull Dwight and possibly CP3..I don't see why son can't get 8. Cuz fam will not stop. Dude seems so hungry for chips...you'd think his life depended on it lol

Originally Posted by Freeze

You are exactly right. Kobe looks for anything to get him going and the critics always having something to say have always motivated him, if they do end up winning it again this year...That alone would be plenty motivation for him to try and get another one.

It'll be a sad day when KB24 finally leaves the game, I rather not think about it honestly.  

Originally Posted by Freeze

You are exactly right. Kobe looks for anything to get him going and the critics always having something to say have always motivated him, if they do end up winning it again this year...That alone would be plenty motivation for him to try and get another one.

It'll be a sad day when KB24 finally leaves the game, I rather not think about it honestly.  

Imo he will retire once he isn't content with how effective he is on the floor, so I see at least 2-3 more years.

Once that PPG starts getting to 21,20,19 a game, then I think that is when he will call it quits. That is of course, unless his body tells him to stop sooner, but it seems as though he stays in peak shape

Imo he will retire once he isn't content with how effective he is on the floor, so I see at least 2-3 more years.

Once that PPG starts getting to 21,20,19 a game, then I think that is when he will call it quits. That is of course, unless his body tells him to stop sooner, but it seems as though he stays in peak shape

Ever since that Peter Vecsey report came out earlier this season where Kobe was quoted saying that his knee is "Pretty much Bone on Bone with no cartilage"

All of his critics and haters have come out of the wood work "Saying he's old" or "He's not exciting anymore to watch" which is blasphemy.

If you look at his stats this season he's still putting up his great career average of 25 PPG, 5 boards, and 5 assists while playing lesser minutes this seasons compared to last year. Then dude puts on a show, throws down some nice dunks while winning the all star game MVP.

He signed a contract extension last year and is signed for 3 more years where he's the league highest paid player. There is no way in hell unless he suffers a career ending injury that he won't finish out his current contract. When that contract is up I don't see how he's walks away from the game if he's still playing at the level at he's at now and is still putting up his career averages and the chance that Dwight Howard is a Laker and he has a chance at more rings to add to his legacy.

Ever since that Peter Vecsey report came out earlier this season where Kobe was quoted saying that his knee is "Pretty much Bone on Bone with no cartilage"

All of his critics and haters have come out of the wood work "Saying he's old" or "He's not exciting anymore to watch" which is blasphemy.

If you look at his stats this season he's still putting up his great career average of 25 PPG, 5 boards, and 5 assists while playing lesser minutes this seasons compared to last year. Then dude puts on a show, throws down some nice dunks while winning the all star game MVP.

He signed a contract extension last year and is signed for 3 more years where he's the league highest paid player. There is no way in hell unless he suffers a career ending injury that he won't finish out his current contract. When that contract is up I don't see how he's walks away from the game if he's still playing at the level at he's at now and is still putting up his career averages and the chance that Dwight Howard is a Laker and he has a chance at more rings to add to his legacy.

Regarding those who question if Kobe could coach (including Kobe himself who seems to always deny he would) he already act like one during timeouts and on the bench. Like pointing out where players should be at certain times, motivating/yelling at/counceling teammates and working out with teammates & other players in the off season. Maybe not at the pro level but I say he'd be a great coach/teacher.

Regarding those who question if Kobe could coach (including Kobe himself who seems to always deny he would) he already act like one during timeouts and on the bench. Like pointing out where players should be at certain times, motivating/yelling at/counceling teammates and working out with teammates & other players in the off season. Maybe not at the pro level but I say he'd be a great coach/teacher.

Originally Posted by kash55

He's got 2, maybe 3 more years.
How many more years does your boy AI have?
Kobe is fresh off 2 Finals MVPs, put on a show during ASG, his team is on fire and has a great shot off 3peating, there's not a 2 guard other than Wade that comes close to comparing...he leads the league in scoring per 48 min...The Lakers have done a good job surrounding him with talent (stealing Gasol, keeping Bynum) so that Kobe doesn't have to go full throttle anymore. At times, Kobe has struggled balancing team ball and being the scorer that he was in his #8 days. But this year, it looks a lot more natural for him. He's picking his spots, scoring in spurts, and closing out games. 

Kobe just signed a 3 year extension and you're a fool if you think he's retiring after that...I can easily see him avg 18, 5, 5 in his late 30s, playing 2nd/3rd fiddle just to get more chances of winning rings. If Ray Allen, KG, Nash, etc. can play at a high level in their mid 30s then Kobe should be able to adjust. His game is not defined by his athleticism (it hasn't been for 3 years now). His jumper, post game, IQ, work ethic, and most importantly his competitiveness will get him playing until he's 40 EASY.

Back
Top Bottom