Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

This is what I meant by "progression of the models." Nike already did this flyknit elite high ish with the 9's and now they went lazy and slapped it onto the 10's. Time for everyone to only care about flyknit again! 
mean.gif

This is what I meant by "progression of the models." Nike already did this flyknit elite high ish with the 9's and now they went lazy and slapped it onto the 10's. Time for everyone to only care about flyknit again! :smh:

So you are saying they cannot possibly improve on the 9s flyknit uppers?

The shoe cannot progress or get better if the upper isn't different from the 9s? Even if the pattern is different? Even if the fuse placement is different? Even if they can somehow make it lighter? Even if they can somehow make it more breathable?

Kobes been using lunarlon insert, so there was no way to improve on it? Early versions bottomed out and Nike shouldn't have tried to improve it so that it last longer because that isn't progress since they are just using the same material?

Nike should create a brand new insole/cushioning every year because that is the only way to make "progress" and it isn't progress to improve on an existing product?

Statement just makes no sense. It's not like they just lifted the whole Kobe9 upper and slapped it on the 10s with any changes at all.

From a business standpoint it doesn't make sense to put out a brand new technology each and every year. There are exceptions to the rule but when it comes to shoes no. Look at video games like Madden and 2k. They add a very small amount of new features each year and claim its brand new. Its a strategy businesses employ to yield the most profit out of the product. I guarantee you that nike has material that is better then anything out on the market but they are waiting to put it out until sales either start to drop on the current materials.

Since flynit just came out for a basketball shoe this last year, I would imagine that they would find ways to improve the flynit or the shoe in general. Maybe make it more breathable?

Its very much like the business plan cell phone companies use in the United States. They increase functionality little by little so that they can get someone to buy the newest phone with the newest features each and everytime.  

Last edited:
everyone hates the samples and prototypes until nike starts unveiling them and then everyone definitely does a 180 lol.

really not feeling the departure from drop-in lunar midsole. i don't see them putting it in the X on top of a visible zoom air bag either. BUT if the foam carrier is all lunarlon, we might have a winner. :smokin

everyone hates the samples and prototypes until nike starts unveiling them and then everyone definitely does a 180 lol.

really not feeling the departure from drop-in lunar midsole. i don't see them putting it in the X on top of a visible zoom air bag either. BUT if the foam carrier is all lunarlon, we might have a winner.
smokin.gif
Yeah I'm not sure if it's a drop-in or not, but it's definitely lunar up front.  It wouldn't seem to make sense, but some of the sample pics have me unsure.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm not sure if it's a drop-in or not, but it's definitely lunar up front.  It wouldn't seem to make sense, but some of the sample pics have me unsure.

definitely just back to traditional tooling then. RIP drop-in lunarlon midsole.

Oh thank goodness the Flyknit high does not end with the IX! LOVE every bit of these...the midsole that is turning people off is actually my favorite. I was worried that I wouldn't have much newness for the spring and summer, Man I can't wait!!!

Mastralf....i get it. That's why marketing plays such a huge role in business. It's a mindset of always having to have the latest and greatest with the claims of improvement. Most won't acknowledge or appreciate that but it's the truth.

Definitely liking the elite highs nonetheless.

JS"

Man judging from the 3 unofficial pics. Those highs look the worst. But I am sure I will change my mind with better pics or color ways.

Doesnt that notch in the midsole in the forefoot area indicate a zoom bag? Similar notch in the kd7?

Edit i guess its pretty close to the toes instead of where zoom should be, the forefoot

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom