Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

I know its been said, but as much as I like the Christmas Kobes, I won't buy the Christmas Kobes just because he didn't wear them on Christmas day.

As much as I wanted the opening nights, the fact that he just wore them for warm-ups and switched to the PE made me not get them (would have been a day one purchase for me if they were worn).

Kind of kills the point of a Christmas shoe or Opening Day shoe. If they aren't used for that purpose, then I dont want them.

I get EXACTLY what you're saying. It's a shame he didn't wear the Xmas shoe. To me, it does lose something when the player(who they were made for)doesn't wear them. That connection is lost. I get it. That's what makes Air Jordan's very special to me. Getting to wear the same shoes my favorite wore when he was smashing records. Great memories.

Last edited:
Was kinda annoyed Kobe aint rock them in the game but theyre so nice looking regardless. Are the 8s the last Xmas sneakers Kobe wore btw?

I sense a bit of hypocracy in this thread over the christmas kicks, because if im not mistaken people went nuts over those candy cane 9s that came out last year. I feel like people got bad blood with the 10s. Their loss though

I sense a bit of hypocracy in this thread over the christmas kicks, because if im not mistaken people went nuts over those candy cane 9s that came out last year. I feel like people got bad blood with the 10s. Their loss though

Nah both Xmas 9 and 10 were disappointing to me

People went nuts over these too. It's still a nice shoe.

Fellas the Christmas Kobe 10's will be available at an outlet at some point. I honestly wouldn't worry about not getting them now. I can almost guarantee every 10 will be in an outlet heavily discounted. I personally am excited for it cuz the 10's are a good performance shoe and I wouldn't mind getting a few pairs to completely beat up for ball.

I get EXACTLY what you're saying. It's a shame he didn't wear the Xmas shoe. To me, it does lose something when the player(who they were made for)doesn't wear them. That connection is lost. I get it. That's what makes Air Jordan's very special to me. Getting to wear the same shoes my favorite wore when he was smashing records. Great memories.

But Nike never marketed a shoe as one Jordan was going to wear. Jordan wore what he wanted to (many times against Nike's wishes) and the shoes became iconic after the fact.

There wasnt much to write home about for the 5 rings. Not even sure if Kobe was supposed to play in the Coal (Grinches) or the 5 rings.

From a marketing perspective, how are you gonna associate 5 rings on the shoes and come out with a Xmas theme shoe.

The CW was nice, but nothing to write home about. Just hard for people to connect IMO.

There wasnt much to write home about for the 5 rings. Not even sure if Kobe was supposed to play in the Coal (Grinches) or the 5 rings.

From a marketing perspective, how are you gonna associate 5 rings on the shoes and come out with a Xmas theme shoe.

The CW was nice, but nothing to write home about. Just hard for people to connect IMO.

5 golden rings is an Xmas theme that has double meaning

:rofl: did you really think this was a shoe solely about his rings? It was just a fitting theme based on the 12 days of Christmas.

:rofl: did you really think this was a shoe solely about his rings? It was just a fitting theme based on the 12 days of Christmas.

im saying it wouldve had a different turnout if they used a different
theme.

the cw was supposed to be for xmas.

perhaps a lakers CW or PE CW with the 5 rings wouldve been more memorable.

Got to say, many hates how the Xs look but I really do like the overall design. It's just plain and simple, nothing crazy like the Lebrons that has just been too busy. Maybe it's the minimalistic design that speaks to me, I don't know, but I like it.

Xs pretty comfortable too, more comfortable set-up than the 9s I thought.

They just needed to bring out nicer and simpler colorways, like the Fundamentals, it was a very nice pair and it actually sold out. I think I'm going to order some IDs in a black and white variant.

View media item 1846384

Last edited:

wait what? you playing right? you never heard the Christmas carol 12 days of Christmas? you know on the 5th day of Christmas my true love gave to me, 5 GOLDEN RINGS, 4 Calling Birds, 3 French Hens, 2 Turtle Doves and a Partridge in a Pear Tree, not to be fair they could've and should've done the whole pack based off the song but I digress, oh and kobe also has 5 championship rings, like the poster above said, double meaning

wait what? you playing right? you never heard the Christmas carol 12 days of Christmas? you know on the 5th day of Christmas my true love gave to me, 5 GOLDEN RINGS, 4 Calling Birds, 3 French Hens, 2 Turtle Doves and a Partridge in a Pear Tree, not to be fair they could've and should've done the whole pack based off the song but I digress, oh and kobe also has 5 championship rings, like the poster above said, double meaning
get that YZY outta here!
laugh.gif

The Xmas 9s were fire, just like these are. Just wish he wore both of em in those games. I know he couldnt with the 9s since he was injured but he coulda wore these for a half at least. Did any Nike basketball players wear their Xmas sigs this year btw? It aint seem like Bron & Kyrie did.

Still getting them 5 rings tho. I need them, the Mambacurials & the Draft Day Lakers colors ones

get that YZY outta here!
laugh.gif

I didn't even know
mean.gif
 I'm to anti-yzy
laugh.gif

The Xmas 9s were fire, just like these are. Just wish he wore both of em in those games. I know he couldnt with the 9s since he was injured but he coulda wore these for a half at least. Did any Nike basketball players wear their Xmas sigs this year btw? It aint seem like Bron & Kyrie did.

Still getting them 5 rings tho. I need them, the Mambacurials & the Draft Day Lakers colors ones
I didn't watch the game so I don't know if Kyrie did, but there are pictures of Bron wearing his. KD also wore his.

Kobe is just a troll of epic proportions. I don't know which was better, the complete shun of the 5rings/grinchID or the "warm-up" in opening nights
laugh.gif

I didn't watch the game so I don't know if Kyrie did, but there are pictures of Bron wearing his. KD also wore his.

Kobe is just a troll of epic proportions. I don't know which was better, the complete shun of the 5rings/grinchID or the "warm-up" in opening nights :lol:

Grinch Ids were weak not cause they were iD but cause of that white midsole & no matching green or at least volt midsole option :smh:

Nike half *****ed that iD option smh

Honestly forgot the song, and cant even bridge the 2 together. Guess its rather tacky to me. Thanks for explaining it tho.

They couldve done a five rings theme on its own and a christmas shoe as a stand a lone.
Oh well..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom