Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

thanks for the input guys but,,5Rings Christmas Day CW combo doesnt match,,,,just saying!!! get it straight Nike,,i gues i rather scoop the WTK

:rolleyes

Last edited:
Literally the xmas...they're nice! I don't have em in hand yet but have seen them in person and
smokin.gif
toss up between the Christmas or mambaCurials.. but I'm leaning towards Christmas as well.. the small details (gold speckles throughout the outsole: OVO'ish, design on the lining, 5 Rings on the heel tab, logo on the inside of the tongue, etc..) is what makes it special for me..

So earlier this year I bought my first pair of Kobe's in 5 years, the All Star Kobe X. Ever since Kobe signed with Nike, I've been a huge fan. I remember when he was a shoe free agent after his contract with Adidas expired, and when he signed with Nike as their new signature athlete for basketball, I was pumped. I got the All Star Kobe I, the black/red/white Kobe IV, and the All Star Kobe V (and went to the game that year in Dallas, he was injured but it was still cool rocking them in Cowboys Stadium). I played with the Kobe I when I was in high school and they were alright, but the IVs and the Vs were the two best basketball shoes I've ever played in. 

I don't ball as much lately but I'm looking to change that. And the Xs almost seem like a spiritual successor to the IVs and the Vs... They feel amazing. 

So, today Nike tweeted out a 25% off clearance code... and I had to jump on some Kobe X 'Liberty' ($120)

Had a question though, what is the difference between the Kobe X and the Kobe X ELITE? And which one are the All Stars? 

Thanks, will definitely post pics when I get them. #NikeTalk 

PS Definitely think these are better than the XI.

Reactions: God

Guys, Please tell me what the market value or a fair price is for a pair of Kobe X HTM sharks in size 11.

Thank you!
around $500 would be fair, IMHO.. I know I paid below and above that for my 3 pairs, depending on when I picked them up.. the most expensive pair I paid was less than a week after the release and not much were posted on ebay.. then the least expensive pair I have was purchased a few weeks after the release and Supreme 5's were about to release at the time and there was quite a few posted on ebay.. I'm not sure how ebay is looking with stock size 11 but I've been keeping track with size 10 and it's starting to dwindle.. anyway, all that to say that $500 is a good deal for both parties at this point in time.. at least that's what I would pay if I'm still in the market for a pair or that's how much I'd list them for if I decided to sell one of my pairs..

Last edited:
I like the sharks, mostly because heard it was better quality.

But in terms of posession, I‘ll take the Blackouts because its the closest LA CW for me.

I was disappointed at the CWs for the Xs, and all the marketing ploys and nicknames didn‘t do it for me.

Had a question though, what is the difference between the Kobe X and the Kobe X ELITE? And which one are the All Stars? 
Kobe X is the standard model (like the Liberty pair you picked up). All Stars are standard Kobe X, with the added "skin" on the toe & metallic tongue/heel tab. There are two Elite models, the highs (like the Team Elite, Elevates, Rose Gold, Commanders, etc) and lows (Draft Night, Mambacurials, Drill Sergeants, Chesters"). Only difference is that these feature a flyknit upper.

Thought I had a decent deal on the Sharks until they ended up being a fugazi pair and had to wait a long time to get my money back from ebay. That kind of tempered my thirst for the Sharks, realized the 11 is coming soon and I could get 2 pairs of those for the price so I'll just stick with the Arrowheads for an HTM. Just happy to have a pair.

So earlier this year I bought my first pair of Kobe's in 5 years, the All Star Kobe X. Ever since Kobe signed with Nike, I've been a huge fan. I remember when he was a shoe free agent after his contract with Adidas expired, and when he signed with Nike as their new signature athlete for basketball, I was pumped. I got the All Star Kobe I, the black/red/white Kobe IV, and the All Star Kobe V (and went to the game that year in Dallas, he was injured but it was still cool rocking them in Cowboys Stadium). I played with the Kobe I when I was in high school and they were alright, but the IVs and the Vs were the two best basketball shoes I've ever played in. 

I don't ball as much lately but I'm looking to change that. And the Xs almost seem like a spiritual successor to the IVs and the Vs... They feel amazing. 

So, today Nike tweeted out a 25% off clearance code... and I had to jump on some Kobe X 'Liberty' ($120)

Thanks, will definitely post pics when I get them. #NikeTalk 

PS Definitely think these are better than the XI.

The Elites X's are all the Flyknit pairs. The All-Stars are just a regular Kobe X. Thats basically the only difference.

since 2015 is coming to a close.. what is your favorite cw of 2015..

I would say and IMO the HTM pack. Not only did my wife buy them all for me for retail, it was a pretty darn sweet wedding gift. All hype aside, I really liked how each pair told a story, shark jaw, race car and arrowhead. The details also make it #1 for me. :D

View media item 1749877

Best non-elite : Vino/ASG (tie)

Best elite High: Rose Gold

Best elite Low GR: Xmas/Mambacurial (tie)

Best X: HTM Racecar/Sharkjaw (tie)
great idea on breaking it down.. and great choices..
smokin.gif

I would say and IMO the HTM pack. Not only did my wife buy them all for me for retail, it was a pretty darn sweet wedding gift. All hype aside, I really liked how each pair told a story, shark jaw, race car and arrowhead. The details also make it #1 for me.
happy.gif

that's awesome!
nthat.gif

since 2015 is coming to a close.. what is your favorite cw of 2015..

I only own a couple Xs. For non elite: Easters. ASG would have been my top choice, but the heel tab throws me off a little.

Elites: mambacurials, except I don't own 'em. I regret not getting them at the employee store when they had them. :smh:

Btw, house of hoops downtown SF:

View media item 1848257

As far as best CWs, I gotta go with my 2 pairs:

ASG
Xmas

The rose golds in an elite low would have been my top choice

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom