Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

For those that have hooped in the all stars, does the back heeltab bother y'all?

I really dig the colors and the way the shoe feels, materials, etc. but I was a little apprehensive about spending my hard-earned money on a pair of shoes I'll have to immediately modify by cutting the tabs off.

For those that have hooped in the all stars, does the back heeltab bother y'all?

I really dig the colors and the way the shoe feels, materials, etc. but I was a little apprehensive about spending my hard-earned money on a pair of shoes I'll have to immediately modify by cutting the tabs off.

No issues yet.

Maryland folks waiting for ASGs don't worry. UPS just dropped mine off. Was suppose to get here last week. They working extra early today getting things out.

Maryland folks waiting for ASGs don't worry. UPS just dropped mine off. Was suppose to get here last week. They working extra early today getting things out.
My shipping still hasnt updated yet, just says theyve been delayed due to weather.

My shipping still hasnt updated yet, just says theyve been delayed due to weather.

I never even checked my shipping. Was suppose to get here last Thursday and just showed up. UPS man never comes by this early. Makes me think their playing catch up today.

Been playing in the allstars the past few days. I bought a 10 and was dissappointed with the heel lockdown and sliding of my foot within the shoe. Very comfortable but I didn't like that much space for my foot. I'm a 10 in the kobe 4, 5, 6, a 9.5 in the lebron 8s, kobe 9, and the jordan xx8. Went back and exchanged them for a 9.5 and the heel lockdown was perfect. Pain is present at that same flex point towards the toe box that people have been complaining about. Peeling has occurred as well on the medial side of my right shoe. Played in two games today with them and in the first game I was dissappointed with the traction. I had to wipe often on a well kept court. My feet hurt as well. It was stiff and I had to relace them at the half to relieve pain. A few hours later I played in my second game and it was a complete 180. Never had to relace them due to pain. I only retied them because the laces got undone so I had to double knot. The upper felt more comfortable and one with my foot. I don't recall having to wipe the bottom of my shoes at all and this game was played on a court that wasn't as well kept as the court in the first game. I play fast, I cut, and I stop very abruptly. I am 5'10 and 170lbs. I had no issues with the cushioning at all although I can't feel the responsiveness of the zoom as much. It's definitely supportive with a feel somewhat like a Lebron low model but with a lower profile, less bulky, and way lighter. It's basically a beefed up and supportive version of the Kobe 8. The 9s are more comfortable so far but I think all that drop in lunarlon midsole **** is a gimmick (although that full length zoom/ lunarlon midsole of the Lebron 11 is awesome). These definitely need more break in time and patience. I don’t think that the true colors of this shoe will reveal itself within just a few days or several hours of intense play. But right now, these things are little monsters on court. They encourage fast and aggressive play due to it's low cut profile, light weight, and support and cushioning.

yeah me too! im a 10 in the 4, 5, 6, and 8 and i tried on a size 9.5 and they were pretty much perfect. my friend also purchased .5 half size down in a 9.5 too.

Been playing in the allstars the past few days. I bought a 10 and was dissappointed with the heel lockdown and sliding of my foot within the shoe. Very comfortable but I didn't like that much space for my foot. I'm a 10 in the kobe 4, 5, 6, a 9.5 in the lebron 8s, kobe 9, and the jordan xx8. Went back and exchanged them for a 9.5 and the heel lockdown was perfect. Pain is present at that same flex point towards the toe box that people have been complaining about. Peeling has occurred as well on the medial side of my right shoe. Played in two games today with them and in the first game I was dissappointed with the traction. I had to wipe often on a well kept court. My feet hurt as well. It was stiff and I had to relace them at the half to relieve pain. A few hours later I played in my second game and it was a complete 180. Never had to relace them due to pain. I only retied them because the laces got undone so I had to double knot. The upper felt more comfortable and one with my foot. I don't recall having to wipe the bottom of my shoes at all and this game was played on a court that wasn't as well kept as the court in the first game. I play fast, I cut, and I stop very abruptly. I am 5'10 and 170lbs. I had no issues with the cushioning at all although I can't feel the responsiveness of the zoom as much. It's definitely supportive with a feel somewhat like a Lebron low model but with a lower profile, less bulky, and way lighter. It's basically a beefed up and supportive version of the Kobe 8. The 9s are more comfortable so far but I think all that drop in lunarlon midsole **** is a gimmick (although that full length zoom/ lunarlon midsole of the Lebron 11 is awesome). These definitely need more break in time and patience. I don’t think that the true colors of this shoe will reveal itself within just a few days or several hours of intense play. But right now, these things are little monsters on court. They encourage fast and aggressive play due to it's low cut profile, light weight, and support and cushioning.

What's your TTS?

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Kobe X
Merlot/Metallic Gold-Villain Red-Total Orange

$180 | 705317-676

10 a.m. EST/7 a.m. PST

Kids sizes available

Just copped the Kobe 10 black outs aka purple joints for $122.51. ( EBates check came in, footlocker bday code and randomly got a 20 gift card recently)

I was able to compare the purps vs blue lagoons aka Heisenbergs. Ive got to say the purps look better in person imo.

Went TTS. I always recommend going to any shoe store with the measuring contraption. Lol. To a more accurate assemsent of shoe size.

Gonna test them out and see how they feel on court.
View media item 1416653

Last edited:
Just copped the Kobe 10 black outs aka purple joints for $122.51. ( EBates check came in, footlocker bday code and randomly got a 20 gift card recently)

I was able to compare the purps vs blue lagoons aka Heisenbergs. Ive got to say the purps look better in person imo.

Gonna test them out and see how they feel on court.

Did you purchase from NDC on the ebates mobile app. 8% cash back today. Just went in on them blackouts too.

Kinda in the same boat. I actually bought a 13 and a 12.5 to try out with the blackouts. One of them is going back. On the 12.5 I can feel my toes are pretty much at the end of the shoe, which i know isnt a good thing. I haven't played any games in them yet but when i was doing cuts and stuff i wasnt getting any pain. That could change from being full speed in a game though. The half size down gave me better containment though and i didnt slid forward at all. Kinda up in the air on what to do. I know i got about a month to decide though. Only thing is that my blue lagoons are a 13 and would probably want to swap them out and I got them close to release date so time is almost up on those. 

Just ordered the Blackouts off NDC with some gift cards that I bought for under face value, effectively making them about 130.

Last edited:
Going to go to FTL today and try on .5 down. Not feeling the one to one fit in my true size compared to previous models.

Not dissing but idk how you guys stuff your feet into this .5 down thing...or maybe Nikes sizing is THAT off...idk, but all Kobes from 7-10, I've stuck with the same size...all are perfect

Back
Top Bottom