Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

copped the Kobe AS X and i love them - played in them twice so far and really a good shoe for guards/wingman

i plan to cop vino and blue lagoons
Did you experience any cracking or peeling of the materials on the shoe? I copped today, just trying to get a feel if the issue is every pair or few and far between?

Last edited:
Nike Free was promoted as a tech on the Kobe IIs, but the way it was executed on that shoe was more for show/marketing than anything else. I've owned a good number of IIs, and that shoe doesn't have nearly the level of flexibility you'd need to take full advantage of Free tech like you would in most Nike Free shoes. If you look at advertisements for a lot of Free shoes, they even market the added level of flexibility you get from Free by literally showing you how you can bend some of the Free shoes almost into a ball, which you clearly can't do with the IIs. If you have a midfoot shank that's designed to give added stability so you avoid pronating too much when you're moving around, you're obviously going to have decreased flexibility. The shank on the IIs is a major reason why Nike Free on that model was basically negligible.

The X's design is much more true to how a usual Nike Free shoe behaves compared to the IIs specifically because, like you said, they're using that carbon fiber clip on the outrigger to give added stability instead of the typical midfoot shank that you see on most basketball shoes. Because of that move, the Xs have more added flexibility and can behave more like a typical Free shoe.
Sounds like the theory may be correct.  Since Nike is always promoting innovation, I'm surprised they didn't play this up more as the first bball shoe to have a hard shank mounted to the outrigger.  I can't think of another shoe that had one.   

Sounds like the theory may be correct.  Since Nike is always promoting innovation, I'm surprised they didn't play this up more as the first bball shoe to have a hard shank mounted to the outrigger.  I can't think of another shoe that had one.   

Jordan xx9 and cp3.viii have them.

I know I'm in the minority with this opinion, but the kobe X for ball is not that great.  I balled in the ASG twice for 3 hours sessions,  peeling has occured,  my left foot has a small blister near the big toe , and my heel has a cut.  my right foot is okay tho,  not considering price...I think all the previous kobe models (besides the 7s) are much better in comfort.  again this is just my opinion.  I know most ppl in here have had a great experience so far.  believe me I really want to like these shoes.  I love how the ASG look,  but I use my basketball shoes to ball and these arent performing to what I expected,  will most likely will be sending these back esp since I paid full retail for these. 

Last edited:
Jordan xx9 and cp3.viii have them.
I appreciate the help.  The CP3 VIII does not have a separate hard shank, it's just an extension piece of the rubber outsole.  I thought the AJ XX9 was the same, but I don't have a pair to confirm.  

I know I'm in the minority with this opinion, but the kobe X for ball is not that great.  I balled in the ASG twice for 3 hours sessions,  peeling has occured,  my left foot has a small blister near the big toe , and my heel has a cut.  my right foot is okay tho,  not considering price...I think all the previous kobe models (besides the 7s) are much better in comfort.  again this is just my opinion.  I know most ppl in here have had a great experience so far.  believe me I really want to like these shoes.  I love how the ASG look,  but I use my basketball shoes to ball and these arent performing to what I expected,  will most likely will be sending these back esp since I paid full retail for these. 
 I feel you man just to play devils advocate playing for 3 hours non stop will give me blisters no matter what shoe it is lol at least when breaking them in.

I always kind of think of Jim Caffigan's when hes talking about milkshakes. " I drank 8 milkshakes now I feel like crap so the milkshakes must be bad." "Or maybe its because you had 8 milkshakes."

Im paraphrasing but you kinda get the point. Im also not trying to discredit your opinion at all. I respect your opinion and experience that you had with them. I always appreciate another point of view when talking about sneakers.

How was the sizing for you? I would wonder if your left fit tighter than your right shoe.

I appreciate the help.  The CP3 VIII does not have a separate hard shank, it's just an extension piece of the rubber outsole.  I thought the AJ XX9 was the same, but I don't have a pair to confirm.  
Your right the CP's don't but the Jordan's do.

How'd you cut your heel wearing shoes?

the X are good for my feet. i have balled a lot and my feet have yet to be sore.

the traction on the 9's was perfect, can't believe they managed to mess this one up :smh:

I feel you man just to play devils advocate playing for 3 hours non stop will give me blisters no matter what shoe it is lol at least when breaking them in.

I always kind of think of Jim Caffigan's when hes talking about milkshakes. " I drank 8 milkshakes now I feel like crap so the milkshakes must be bad." "Or maybe its because you had 8 milkshakes."

Im paraphrasing but you kinda get the point. Im also not trying to discredit your opinion at all. I respect your opinion and experience that you had with them. I always appreciate another point of view when talking about sneakers.

How was the sizing for you? I would wonder if your left fit tighter than your right shoe.
for sure. I appreciate the feedback and know what you mean with the milkshake quote.  I'm still optimistic the shoe will be decent if broken in properly or if played in longer.  I might need to take a break tho and try these again later, my foot is really cut up.  I'm just trying to ball as much as I can in them before the return period is over so I can make a proper decision, like I said I really want to like them, but my feet are telling me otherwise as of now.  

I went TTS, as I did for most of all my other kobes.  never had this problem before.  I also ball in jordan 29s, and those fit way better than these imo.  

@al3x89  I agree that traction on the X is not as good.  I think as sticky as the nodules are, they are too small, thick herringbone works a lot better imo.  

Last edited:
" I'm just trying to ball as much as I can in them before the return period is over so I can make a proper decision"

:smh: i feel sorry where you cop your shoes bro :lol:,,,i should copy you on my last cop :wink:

" I'm just trying to ball as much as I can in them before the return period is over so I can make a proper decision"

mean.gif
i feel sorry where you cop your shoes bro
laugh.gif
,,,i should copy you on my last cop
wink.gif
lol this is nothing new.  Its not like I purchased with the intent to return.  if I return it , it will truly be because I dont like them for ball.  

How'd you cut your heel wearing shoes?
no idea,  didnt happen the first time, but too much heel rubbing irritation I guess, I wear NBA crew socks too.  not that big of a deal, the blister on the toe was much more noticeable. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom