Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Thanks for the 411 on the colors!
Its definitely a grey. I went to the store to try these on. I hate dealing with Champs employees. They get so pissed when you don't buy from them. I had actually considered it but the guy was being kinda rude plus I know I could get at discount if I really wanted. Anyways these fit a lot like the 9 elite lows. @iks mod  you are 100% correct. Being a narrow footer, I felt these fit perfectly length wise. The elite highs ran a tad bit long but the lockdown made it so it didn't matter really.

Super excited to see what's to come in these. Im done with the base model for sure.

They must waiting for Kobe to retire to bring out teams he beat and gold medals and championship packs I can't understand what's going on the prelude pack was up to par other than that he getting carried by Nike my opinion

Hell of a run-on bro
,.gif
 Kidding 

Last edited:

Im leaning more towards the Grey
Both lace changes definitely make them look better.

Grey seems to fit better to the toe box and the black ones accent the swoosh more. Difficult decision, but I would favor the black laces a bit more.

kobe 10 will come down as the worse kobe sig shoe ever released by nike 
I don't know about the worst, but it's been uninspired, CW wise.

That said, with the MP and Prelude 1, the Rose Gold is in my top 3 Kobes I own. Other than the eventual yellow sole issue, it's near perfect.

not by a longshot.

its not the best, but its definitely in the upper to mid tier

lol why all the X hate in the last page or two? just because news of the 11 is surfacing?

Isn't that always the case though? I could have sworn the next sig shoes always gets a sign 6-8 months before it's release and then leaks wills tart coming in another month and then confirmed pics when there a couple of months left and go from there. Isn't this pretty much the cycle these days?

I mean this thread was started in June last year and the shoe came out February? In that regards, info in July is actually late.

Plus people are always in for new info, not sure how that is any different. Even if the Xs are the best ever shoes in the whole world, people would still pay attention when the next release will be.

I mean even the reponses from that tweet doesn't even sound like there is overwhelming demand for info. 3 replies within two hours and one of them is even ridiculing it?

No.

People were still interested in the IX model, of course people like " to be in the know" regarding info but there are still a lot of shoes left to release.

I've always wondered what people would do with the info other than say Im going to ____

I guess its the younger generation who require instant gratification otherwise they move on. For me even though I know some stuff regarding the XI, Id like to see how this campaign finishes.

Cant speak on 1-3 but imo i think the 7s are the worst kobe shoe. Good cws just a bad shoe

One is a great cushioned shoe, a bit bulky however. II was rough around the edges regarding comfort but had great traction, great Zoom cushioning, and a real nice carbon fiber shank with a strap that really locked your feet in. Everyone hates the III but it was super light and the full-length Zoom was a boon on the feet. The webbed upper just looked weird. I agree with you that the VII"s are the worst Kobe in terms of performance; the modularity was just a gimmick and the insert was so huge,
ruining any court feel. But the CW's were awesome, the Cloaks, Sharks, All-Stars etc.

I think the X's are a bit polarizing with no CW that really stands out in people's minds now and this orange FK release is underwhelming to say the least.

Kobe 7 says hello.

Nike is just greedy with pricing. Hopefully they drop the price next year (unlikely)

I hardly see people buying shoes for retail in this thread. I know it's a small sample of people but still..

Last edited:
Kobe VIIs get my vote too for least favorite Kobe sig. The silhouette looked pretty good and had a few nice colorways, but the comfort/performance was :x especially thanks to its upper.

Back
Top Bottom