Kobe's game 7

Originally Posted by 0cks

Originally Posted by Jae Kilroy

Thanks for proving a great point...LOOK HOW MUCH HE SCORED IN THE FOURTH
laugh.gif
Who else had the luxury of having the Juggernaut down low (pause) to soften up the opposing frontline for Bean to go ham in the fourth? This guy was cruising the entire game, it is so laughable that you guys can't admit that Shaq was the common DENOMINATOR, Kobe could be replaced with any prolific SG at the time and SHAQ would still have gotten his rings. SHAQ WAS A GAMECHANGER IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD.

So Kobe wasn't a gamechanger? Do you remember the hack a shaq? Who had the ball in their hands during crunch time? Its hilarious because Shaq had a prolific SG in Penny Hardaway & how many rings did they rack up?

indifferent.gif
You guys are awesome
laugh.gif
supporting my arguments and stuff. Shaq and the entire opposing frontline had just gotten done completing a 3on1 no holds barred Royal Rumble after three quarters. Fouled out, bruised, battered and tired by the time the 4th rolled around. Kobe had the lane with no resistance.
I aint defending Kobe but yea OK buddy..
laugh.gif

Shouldn't be the other way around?..save the best for last?..especially in the playoffs..ummm yea

laugh.gif
Who else had the luxury of having the Juggernaut down low (pause) to soften up the opposing frontline for Bean to go ham in the fourth? This guy was cruising the entire game, it is so laughable that you guys can't admit that Shaq was the common DENOMINATOR, Kobe could be replaced with any prolific SG at the time and SHAQ would still have gotten his rings. SHAQ WAS A GAMECHANGER IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD.

So Kobe wasn't a gamechanger? Do you remember the hack a shaq? Who had the ball in their hands during crunch time? Its hilarious because Shaq had a prolific SG in Penny Hardaway & how many rings did they rack up?

indifferent.gif
You guys are awesome
laugh.gif
supporting my arguments and stuff. Shaq and the entire opposing frontline had just gotten done completing a 3on1 no holds barred Royal Rumble after three quarters. Fouled out, bruised, battered and tired by the time the 4th rolled around. Kobe had the lane with no resistance.
laugh.gif

Shouldn't be the other way around?..save the best for last?..especially in the playoffs..ummm yea

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

shaq in his prime >> kobe in his prime

You said that like they're both centers or something..
laugh.gif

But yea, Shaq was a MONSTER back then..
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Goldmember

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
You guys are awesome
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
wut? We ain't talkin about a wedding reception man.
So you are suggesting letting Kobe shoot you out of the game through 3 quarters? Let the frontline save all their fouls and then ask Shaq to save the day in 12 with all that working against them? That's like a doomsday scenario (see what I did there?) Good thing Phil Jackson and Tex Winter were sitting on the bench and not you
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
You guys are awesome
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
So you are suggesting letting Kobe shoot you out of the game through 3 quarters? Let the frontline save all their fouls and then ask Shaq to save the day in 12 with all that working against them? That's like a doomsday scenario (see what I did there?) Good thing Phil Jackson and Tex Winter were sitting on the bench and not you
laugh.gif

These dudes who say Kobe was a role player for the 3 peat have no idea what they are talking about and did not watch a single game during the 3 peat playoff run.

These dudes who say Kobe was a role player for the 3 peat have no idea what they are talking about and did not watch a single game during the 3 peat playoff run.

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

well they dont play the same postition,but shaq was def. the better and more dominant player.

plus shaq equaled wins.

i watched all of that shaq dynasty from him leavin orlando in 96 til he left in 04

and when the lakers consistently gave shaq touches they had a better chance of winning

compared to when kobe started jackin up shots they would start losing.

im sure any laker fan could tell you that

and somebody pull up shaqs career win percentage. i just wanna see it

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

well they dont play the same postition,but shaq was def. the better and more dominant player.

plus shaq equaled wins.

i watched all of that shaq dynasty from him leavin orlando in 96 til he left in 04

and when the lakers consistently gave shaq touches they had a better chance of winning

compared to when kobe started jackin up shots they would start losing.

im sure any laker fan could tell you that

and somebody pull up shaqs career win percentage. i just wanna see it

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
You guys are awesome
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I'm just responding to what you said earlier about "Shaq and the entire opposing frontline had just gotten done completing a 3on1 no holds barred Royal Rumble after three quarters. Fouled out, bruised, battered and tired by the time the 4th rolled around. Kobe had the lane with no resistance. " ....remember?
I'm just sayin that's not actually the case..if you actually watched those championship years.. Shaq was in foul trouble most of the time..he would even sit on the bench till 3rd qtr leaving Kobe and the others do the job...then that sets up Shaq/Kobe going full force in the 4th.. that's all it is 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
You guys are awesome
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I'm just responding to what you said earlier about "Shaq and the entire opposing frontline had just gotten done completing a 3on1 no holds barred Royal Rumble after three quarters. Fouled out, bruised, battered and tired by the time the 4th rolled around. Kobe had the lane with no resistance. " ....remember?
I'm just sayin that's not actually the case..if you actually watched those championship years.. Shaq was in foul trouble most of the time..he would even sit on the bench till 3rd qtr leaving Kobe and the others do the job...then that sets up Shaq/Kobe going full force in the 4th.. that's all it is 
laugh.gif

At the end of the day Kobe is one of the greatest to ever do it. What he did early in his career was impressive, I just don't see myself being convinced that he was dominating the league at that point. He didn't even have the range and strength he gained later in his career.

Obviously Kobe was/is a vastly superior BBall player than Shaq ever was but that doesn't make him more dominant. IMO Kobe's skillset> Jordan's. Kobe's only problem was playing the game with an agenda.

I'll end with Kobe's own words according to Phill Jackson "I'm tired of being a sidekick!"

At the end of the day Kobe is one of the greatest to ever do it. What he did early in his career was impressive, I just don't see myself being convinced that he was dominating the league at that point. He didn't even have the range and strength he gained later in his career.

Obviously Kobe was/is a vastly superior BBall player than Shaq ever was but that doesn't make him more dominant. IMO Kobe's skillset> Jordan's. Kobe's only problem was playing the game with an agenda.

I'll end with Kobe's own words according to Phill Jackson "I'm tired of being a sidekick!"

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

I'm sorry but I just don't understand it anymore with Kobe Bryant.

If you are suppose to be "the Closer of the NBA" then your suppose to hit big shots when it counts right? So how could Kobe Bryant be the best closer in the game? he didn't even have a game winning shot in any of the playoff games. In fact, in that game 6 against OKC He missed the potential game winner, and Pau Gasol closed the game with a tip in, and in game 5 against PHX, he missed another potential game winner, and Ron Artest closed the game with a tip in.

The dispute is not about Kobe Bryant's shooting performance in game 7 against Boston, but the fixations people make of him. Sure it's wonderful that he hit game winners against the Bucks/Heat/Kings/Grizzlies/Raptors (Keep in mind 3 of those teams didn't even make the playoffs) but you also have to keep account of what he failed to do.
Ok, if hes not the best closer in the NBA, then who is? Answer that and I'll shutup in this thread and every other Kobe thread on niketalk.

If you are suppose to be "the Closer of the NBA" then your suppose to hit big shots when it counts right? So how could Kobe Bryant be the best closer in the game? he didn't even have a game winning shot in any of the playoff games. In fact, in that game 6 against OKC He missed the potential game winner, and Pau Gasol closed the game with a tip in, and in game 5 against PHX, he missed another potential game winner, and Ron Artest closed the game with a tip in.

The dispute is not about Kobe Bryant's shooting performance in game 7 against Boston, but the fixations people make of him. Sure it's wonderful that he hit game winners against the Bucks/Heat/Kings/Grizzlies/Raptors (Keep in mind 3 of those teams didn't even make the playoffs) but you also have to keep account of what he failed to do.
Ok, if hes not the best closer in the NBA, then who is? Answer that and I'll shutup in this thread and every other Kobe thread on niketalk.

Originally Posted by brownsuga1

Lebron, now shut up. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by brownsuga1

Lebron, now shut up. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

This thread reminds me of...

laugh.gif

Kobe was far from a role player, but if you can't admit Shaq was the main key to those Lakers teams, I don't even know what to say.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

This thread reminds me of...

laugh.gif

Kobe was far from a role player, but if you can't admit Shaq was the main key to those Lakers teams, I don't even know what to say.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

any realistic Laker fan will admit Shaq was the main key to those Laker teams but alot of people are and will continue to downplay Kobe's role during that run which is what i don't agree with but it really is like arguing with a mule because some of the crap that some people on here type is just rediculous. some members on here will downplay anything good that Kobe does and will find any little thing to critique it on and it's just not worth taking 99% of the stuff they say seriously and it's not even worth arguing with them because regardless of how many things you put to back your argument up with, they'll always have some assinine counter argument

Back
Top Bottom