Kobe's game 7

Originally Posted by acidicality

laugh.gif

Kobe was far from a role player, but if you can't admit Shaq was the main key to those Lakers teams, I don't even know what to say.
laugh.gif

any realistic Laker fan will admit Shaq was the main key to those Laker teams but alot of people are and will continue to downplay Kobe's role during that run which is what i don't agree with but it really is like arguing with a mule because some of the crap that some people on here type is just rediculous. some members on here will downplay anything good that Kobe does and will find any little thing to critique it on and it's just not worth taking 99% of the stuff they say seriously and it's not even worth arguing with them because regardless of how many things you put to back your argument up with, they'll always have some assinine counter argument

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Originally Posted by brownsuga1

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

I'm sorry but I just don't understand it anymore with Kobe Bryant.

If you are suppose to be "the Closer of the NBA" then your suppose to hit big shots when it counts right? So how could Kobe Bryant be the best closer in the game? he didn't even have a game winning shot in any of the playoff games. In fact, in that game 6 against OKC He missed the potential game winner, and Pau Gasol closed the game with a tip in, and in game 5 against PHX, he missed another potential game winner, and Ron Artest closed the game with a tip in.

The dispute is not about Kobe Bryant's shooting performance in game 7 against Boston, but the fixations people make of him. Sure it's wonderful that he hit game winners against the Bucks/Heat/Kings/Grizzlies/Raptors (Keep in mind 3 of those teams didn't even make the playoffs) but you also have to keep account of what he failed to do.
Ok, if hes not the best closer in the NBA, then who is? Answer that and I'll shutup in this thread and every other Kobe thread on niketalk.
Lebron, now shut up. 
pimp.gif
Really??? You can't be serious?
tired.gif

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Originally Posted by brownsuga1

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

I'm sorry but I just don't understand it anymore with Kobe Bryant.

If you are suppose to be "the Closer of the NBA" then your suppose to hit big shots when it counts right? So how could Kobe Bryant be the best closer in the game? he didn't even have a game winning shot in any of the playoff games. In fact, in that game 6 against OKC He missed the potential game winner, and Pau Gasol closed the game with a tip in, and in game 5 against PHX, he missed another potential game winner, and Ron Artest closed the game with a tip in.

The dispute is not about Kobe Bryant's shooting performance in game 7 against Boston, but the fixations people make of him. Sure it's wonderful that he hit game winners against the Bucks/Heat/Kings/Grizzlies/Raptors (Keep in mind 3 of those teams didn't even make the playoffs) but you also have to keep account of what he failed to do.
Ok, if hes not the best closer in the NBA, then who is? Answer that and I'll shutup in this thread and every other Kobe thread on niketalk.
Lebron, now shut up. 
pimp.gif
Really??? You can't be serious?
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

Originally Posted by purpleRElGN

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ I'd bet that if NT voted on Kobe's top 5 playoff games and they ended up being games from the 3-peat, they would end up being games where Shaq was either injured, struggling, or in foul trouble... meaning that when Kobe needed to come through, he came through LARGE. Like I said, he was a second-option DYING to be the primary player, which is exactly what he is today. But he wasn't then. It's not that he was FAR away, like he was some minion to Shaq; not at all.
some of ya'll are in desperate need of a history lesson
laugh.gif

ks1o.jpg

ks2d.jpg

ks3z.jpg

robin? smh

my man (nh)
pimp.gif

Name me another "role player" in the league who put up numbers like this.

^ I'd bet that if NT voted on Kobe's top 5 playoff games and they ended up being games from the 3-peat, they would end up being games where Shaq was either injured, struggling, or in foul trouble... meaning that when Kobe needed to come through, he came through LARGE. Like I said, he was a second-option DYING to be the primary player, which is exactly what he is today. But he wasn't then. It's not that he was FAR away, like he was some minion to Shaq; not at all.
laugh.gif

ks1o.jpg

ks2d.jpg

ks3z.jpg

robin? smh

my man (nh)
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AG 47

Lakersfan1 said:

laugh.gif

ks1o.jpg

ks2d.jpg

ks3z.jpg

robin? smh

my man (nh)
pimp.gif

I will as soon as you name another player who wasn't considered by far above everyone else on his team but who put up numbers like Shaq did in 2000, 2001 and 2002 finals.

Lakersfan1 said:

laugh.gif

ks1o.jpg

ks2d.jpg

ks3z.jpg

robin? smh

my man (nh)
pimp.gif

I will as soon as you name another player who wasn't considered by far above everyone else on his team but who put up numbers like Shaq did in 2000, 2001 and 2002 finals.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

laugh.gif

ks1o.jpg

ks2d.jpg

ks3z.jpg

robin? smh

my man (nh)
pimp.gif

Just give up.
laugh.gif

crying-285x300.jpg

kobe-lakers-win-championship-327.jpg

laugh.gif

ks1o.jpg

ks2d.jpg

ks3z.jpg

robin? smh

my man (nh)
pimp.gif

Just give up.
laugh.gif

crying-285x300.jpg

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

Lakersfan1 said:

laugh.gif

ks1o.jpg

ks2d.jpg

ks3z.jpg

robin? smh

my man (nh)
pimp.gif

Just give up.
laugh.gif

crying-285x300.jpg

Couldn't do it, could you?

And as long as that pic of him holding the Finals MVP is after the 2009 and not 2010 finals, then:

929982chauncey-billups-2004-nba-championship-mvp-trophies-photofile-posters.jpg

W020070615495759596830.jpg

Sorry, couldn't find pictures of other legends Cedric Maxwell and Jo Jo White.

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

Lakersfan1 said:

laugh.gif

ks1o.jpg

ks2d.jpg

ks3z.jpg

robin? smh

my man (nh)
pimp.gif

Just give up.
laugh.gif

crying-285x300.jpg

Couldn't do it, could you?

And as long as that pic of him holding the Finals MVP is after the 2009 and not 2010 finals, then:

929982chauncey-billups-2004-nba-championship-mvp-trophies-photofile-posters.jpg

W020070615495759596830.jpg

Sorry, couldn't find pictures of other legends Cedric Maxwell and Jo Jo White.

Lebron stans trying too hard.

It's aight because they will be doing this for another summer next year when he gets sent home in the playoffs.

It's aight because they will be doing this for another summer next year when he gets sent home in the playoffs.

Why do you guys listen to the joke that is Xta?

This is the same guy who said during the playoffs that Lebron's imaginary 6 championships are better than Kobe's 4 real rings remember?

Xta, are Lebron's 6 WOULD HAVE rings still better than Kobe's 5 REAL rings??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You're as ridiculous as when Jbone turn in his Laker fan card.
tongue.gif

Why do you guys listen to the joke that is Xta?

This is the same guy who said during the playoffs that Lebron's imaginary 6 championships are better than Kobe's 4 real rings remember?

Xta, are Lebron's 6 WOULD HAVE rings still better than Kobe's 5 REAL rings??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You're as ridiculous as when Jbone turn in his Laker fan card.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by jbone2308

No, but I bet you and your LeBron hater/Kobe stanboys buddies will be right here next summer to make an argument for how winning MVP is as significant as winning 6th man of the year after Bron wins his 3rd straight MVP.

No, but I bet you and your LeBron hater/Kobe stanboys buddies will be right here next summer to make an argument for how winning MVP is as significant as winning 6th man of the year after Bron wins his 3rd straight MVP.

So youre awarding king james the 2011 M.V.P. before the season even starts huh?

No wonder you've been so openminded throughout this discussion.

Bron could very well win it next year, but you givin it to him already is just Silly and proves your mancrush on him is what drives your hate for Kobe.

So youre awarding king james the 2011 M.V.P. before the season even starts huh?

No wonder you've been so openminded throughout this discussion.

Bron could very well win it next year, but you givin it to him already is just Silly and proves your mancrush on him is what drives your hate for Kobe.

Back
Top Bottom