Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alma Matter

• Duke

• Easter

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
I see a lot of people hating on the effects, I think they might be the best CW we have seen so far. Those and the christmas pair I really like

Yeah, thanks for that Android SNKRS app, Nike.

Jabronies
mean.gif

Anyone know if these are supposed to run narrow like the 1s? or should these be true-er to size?

I like the Effects and will pick them up but I do think the reason people maybe "sleeping" on them is due to the different photos that keep popping up. Some pictures they look great and think I gotta have them, then there are some terrible pics with make people think il save my cash and pick up a different colourway.

Those last 2 pics posted just above are another set of bad photos.
Sometimes some pics the colours on back are too dark and look horrible.
When they look light and almost pastile colour they are fantastic.

My boy is gonna help me out with a disco, so i really hope these are easy for him to cart tomorrow on ndc
nerd.gif

Last edited:
I like the Effects and will pick them up but I do think the reason people maybe "sleeping" on them is due to the different photos that keep popping up. Some pictures they look great and think I gotta have them, then there are some terrible pics with make people think il save my cash and pick up a different colourway.

Those last 2 pics posted just above are another set of bad photos.
Sometimes some pics the colours on back are too dark and look horrible.
When they look light and almost pastile colour they are fantastic.
^^ word up, those are good points. nothing beats the eye test, i guess.

The Effects aren't getting as much love because of the Dreams. They were the perfect first release shoe and represented something meaningful. For these, Nike didn't explain what the graphics are so it's just tye-dye/coral reef. They're still clean though.

The Effects aren't getting as much love because of the Dreams. They were the perfect first release shoe and represented something meaningful. For these, Nike didn't explain what the graphics are so it's just tye-dye/coral reef. They're still clean though.
Nike hasn't exactly been hitting it out of the park on their story/explanations, so I'm not sure that's entirely the case. Knowing Kyrie being born in Australia, I think a reasonable explanation would be its a tribute to the Great Barrier Reef. But story or no story, I agree that some of the pics are fire, while others are kinda ehhhh. So I'll pull the trigger just to ensure getting a pair, Nike's return policy is pretty easy if I don't like them.

I just feel like the Effects could have really benefitted from having a predominately black base to make everything else pop a bit more. Not a fan of contrasting mesh and fuse combinations--so it just looks a bit busy with the Black/White mesh/fuse, AND the tie-die graphic.

Still a great looking pre-heat release, but I'm sitting it out. BHMs are still my first target.

I feel like once I had them in hand I'd be all over the effects.  If I get time tomorrow I'll check em out in store

BHM my fave for sure though as well^

Back
Top Bottom