**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I guess for PG, it will all depend on how they perform this year. Obviously they committed to Russy long term, so they have their main guy locked up. Assuming Melo doesn’t opt out, they can still sign PG due to OKC obtaining his bird rights. If they do sign PG they will go deep into the luxury tax, but I’m sure OKC won’t care as long as they’re winning. Only problem is it will cause a little issue signing decent depth players with all that money tied up. (Hope I got all my info right, if not feel free to correct me)

Would I love to sign PG? Yeah, who wouldn’t? But idk if it matches up with how our young guys are developing. Obviously Zo, Kuz, and maybe BI need a few seasons to grow. PG is in a “win now” mindset, and right now his best chance is with OKC, not with us.

I guess for PG, it will all depend on how they perform this year. Obviously they committed to Russy long term, so they have their main guy locked up. Assuming Melo doesn’t opt out, they can still sign PG due to OKC obtaining his bird rights. If they do sign PG they will go deep into the luxury tax, but I’m sure OKC won’t care as long as they’re winning. Only problem is it will cause a little issue signing decent depth players with all that money tied up. (Hope I got all my info right, if not feel free to correct me)

Would I love to sign PG? Yeah, who wouldn’t? But idk if it matches up with how our young guys are developing. Obviously Zo, Kuz, and maybe BI need a few seasons to grow. PG is in a “win now” mindset, and right now his best chance is with OKC, not with us.

Although I agree with you ****** wasn’t talking patience before PG trade :lol:

Unless he is just dying to play in LA, there’s nothing we can put on the court more desirable than OKC any time soon

it isnt far fetched to have westbrook rub another star player the wrong way and have him want to leave. lettuce pray lol

I hate to say it but I think we're gonna end up regretting not trading Randle and Clarkson for Paul George. I was all in on the "he's coming to LA next year, just wait" strategy but now I'm getting nervous. A year is a LOOOOOOOOONG time and once he gets a taste of winning (I have OKC in the WCF next year) its gonna be hard to walk away.

Our best bet is for our young guys to show out. Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, Randle all need to ball this season in order to entice top free agents.

Our management has already made their bed though. They've already said that their goal is to have cap space for 2 top FAs next summer. That's our strategy, that's why we gave up Dlo. We can't flip flop between going hard for top FAs and waiting 2-3 years for players to mature.

I hate to say it but I think we're gonna end up regretting not trading Randle and Clarkson for Paul George. I was all in on the "he's coming to LA next year, just wait" strategy but now I'm getting nervous. A year is a LOOOOOOOOONG time and once he gets a taste of winning (I have OKC in the WCF next year) its gonna be hard to walk away.

Our best bet is for our young guys to show out. Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, Randle all need to ball this season in order to entice top free agents.
ypu act like it was our decision not to trade those guys. seems like indiana was hell bent on not sending him where he wanted to go

Gave up DLo... he wasn't going to benefit the Lakers in the long run. Dude will probably put up numbers on a team like the nets because someone has to. It won't be because he's this great athlete with high IQ and can shoot.

And people gotta stop acting like PG is some end all be all piece to the puzzle. The Lakers have been drafting decently over the last few years and have 3-4 pieces to start building around. The warriors weren't won in FA...

Do we know that it was us that said no to that trad? Cuz that don't sound right.

Gave up DLo... he wasn't going to benefit the Lakers in the long run. Dude will probably put up numbers on a team like the nets because someone has to. It won't be because he's this great athlete with high IQ and can shoot.

And people gotta stop acting like PG is some end all be all piece to the puzzle. The Lakers have been drafting decently over the last few years and have 3-4 pieces to start building around. The warriors weren't won in FA...

Just no.

And Warriors were won because Steph had a bum ankle and got re-signed for massively below market value.

This team won't be the Warriors

There are absolutely zero redeemable qualities about Russell.

bruh, building through the draft is the similarity I'm referencing.

DLo apologists never say why they like him so much or what he does that is so great. He was the wrong guy to draft, period.

Everyone saying we should wait for PG and give up no assets.......I guess this was the risk.

Hard to imagine him leaving Russ and Melo for some unproven 20 year olds

Everyone saying we should wait for PG and give up no assets.......I guess this was the risk.

Hard to imagine him leaving Russ and Melo for some unproven 20 year olds
I agree, but IF HE HAS ANY THOUGHTS of purple/gold, then he'll be paying attention to how we are this upcoming season and how his own squad is. For example, say we make the playoffs, and have a half dozen really impressive wins on the season while OKC has identity and chemistry issues that lead to an underwhelming season.

Reactions: God
Why? The second best player in the world willing left Russ and Melo doesn't have a track record of dudes lining up to play with him. Gotta see how things pan out.

Do we even know what a Lakers trade looked like to acquire PG?

There are absolutely zero redeemable qualities about Russell.

bruh, building through the draft is the similarity I'm referencing.

DLo apologists never say why they like him so much or what he does that is so great. He was the wrong guy to draft, period.

i dont even like d-lo that much but if the free agent plan fails
lonzo/ingram/russell sounds better than lonzo/ingram

Wasn’t the pick that ended up being Kuzma part of the Dlo trade? He’ll be 2nd team all rookie like Dlo was, in my opinion

Best case scenario Cousins and Davis absolutely do not work and we’re able to send Deng or Lopez to NO along with preferably Clarkson and/or Randle.
If they feel cousins is out they have to trade him.

I’m not a cousins fan but the FO has made it known big names or bust.

At this point I think if we don’t acquire someone during this season I think it’s gonna be awhile before we’re making real noise again.

i dont even like d-lo that much but if the free agent plan fails
lonzo/ingram/russell sounds better than lonzo/ingram

Russell made it pretty clear he had zero interest in playing with Zo, but some how that sounds good? After watching him play and then hearing him verbalize his mentality, you guys think he's someone the Lakers needed moving forward? I don't get it.

Dlo is gone guys let’s move on from that bum he will score and that’s it he’s not making anyone better ...lonzo is going to bring the best out of guys we have

Back
Top Bottom