**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I think he will play the same or worse for the remainder of the season without making any adjustments or showing improvement whatsoever

I don't know what makes you think this other than you just not liking the kid. He's still one of youngest players in the league and he's improving.

16. LOS ANGELES LAKERS (31.5)
I could not in good conscience award the lottery-bound Lakers the tie-break over our next team, which sports one of the league's half-dozen most telegenic players. I am wary of Bill Macdonald, the Lakers hyperbolic play-by-play man, shrieking over every Lonzo Ball assist as if they are historical events to be commemorated by our greatest poets.

But this team is going to be fun. Brook Lopez's new 3-point range will open pathways for Julius Randle and Larry Nance to rampage to the rim. Nance is like an arthouse TV show with enough explosions and plot twists to reel in more casual fans. He's all flare screens and handoffs, catnip for nerds, and then, bam, he'll destroy someone -- hey, Brook! -- with a Statue of Liberty dunk.

I will die alone on Julius Randle Hill. The flaws are obvious: Randle can't protect the rim like a center, but he can't shoot as well the modern NBA requires from power forwards. I don't care. Teams need to think very hard before they give up on a big man who can handle and pass like this. Randle's in shape, and he has the goods to be an average defender if he goes all-out.

Teammates will love Ball's unselfish game, and play harder because of it. Corey Brewer sprints so hard in transition, you almost fear for his safety. When he uses the rim to stop his momentum after a run-out dunk, he's flying so fast, he ends up hanging parallel to the ground with his feet under the backboard. It's scary.

The court is perfect. Never change it.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20849806/zach-lowe-2017-18-nba-league-pass-rankings-part-1

I predict Brandon will transform over the course of this second season. He will not be a final product by the end of it, but I think he'll be filling in to the kind of player we expect him to be.
]

magic-johnson-e1332939661537.jpg

Lol, I definitely didn't have anything substantial there. But I mean that this year, in particular, is the year Brandon will make substantial improvement in his game. Especially on the defensive end with his gains in weight and another year in Luke's system. It won't be a D'Angelo problem where the improvement is marginal or inconsistent.

so it has begun...

Ball out with sprained ankle
Ingram out bc he "bumped his head"
Nance with finger injury
Lopez out with back issues.

Laker curse is real.

I don't know what makes you think this other than you just not liking the kid. He's still one of youngest players in the league and he's improving.

It's the SAME damn thing people said about D Lo.... And now Randle.

You can't be saying we should be more patient or hold BI to a lower standard

Lol, I definitely didn't have anything substantial there. But I mean that this year, in particular, is the year Brandon will make substantial improvement in his game. Especially on the defensive end with his gains in weight and another year in Luke's system. It won't be a D'Angelo problem where the improvement is marginal or inconsistent.

Yeah cause playing for a new coach, out of position and just not really having a specific role would deter d'lo' play...
One preseason half in...he's gonna put up 18+ with the greenlight

TNT Sideline loaded now. If they get Queen Taylor I may move to Atlanta.

Yeah cause playing for a new coach, out of position and just not really having a specific role would deter d'lo' play...
One preseason half in...he's gonna put up 18+ with the greenlight

Cool, enjoy following DLo’s career on another team. If he figures it out and regularly plays to his potential then you’ll get the last laugh.

Good luck.

Wonder how we got it where we never play a “road” game in preseason, but the opponents go on the road to play us

Anaheim, Ontario, Vegas, San Diego, Bakersfield.....all basically home games for us

But we play teams like Denver, Portland, Minnesota, Utah etc....all going out of their geographic regions to play us

Wierd huh?

Wonder how we got it where we never play a “road” game in preseason, but the opponents go on the road to play us

Anaheim, Ontario, Vegas, San Diego, Bakersfield.....all basically home games for us

But we play teams like Denver, Portland, Minnesota, Utah etc....all going out of their geographic regions to play us

Wierd huh?

I was just thinking about this early today :lol:

We still pretending that all we've seen from Randle is a couple preseason games and that the criticism is just based off that? Still doing the whole "It's just preseason. Relax" and "He hasn't had consistent teammates" and "New coach. Chill" thing?

Cool, cool.

We still pretending that all we've seen from Randle is a couple preseason games and that the criticism is just based off that? Still doing the whole "It's just preseason. Relax" and "He hasn't had consistent teammates" and "New coach. Chill" thing?

Cool, cool.

He's been one of the better players on the team the past two games.

Not saying he's perfect, and yes he has a lot of flaws, but if you are simply going by preseason, then the criticism is unwarranted and hypocritical.

It's people's preconceived notions talking.

Back
Top Bottom