**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Good thing all they talked about and practiced in training camp thus far has been defense, SMH

Serious question, when you watch games what are you looking at? If you can't see the improvements even in a game like this as bad as he is then there's no point in addressing your questions
Just say ""I have no idea" instead of pawning it off as "There's no point."

Or answer the questions, or leave it alone. Heck, since Essential answered already, you could even piggyback off of what he said. :emoji_thumbsup:

It's a real simple question. Not gonna waste my time going into detail if I know you're not even paying attention

I think though what you fear is that year after year, you can't let young guys go, however it happens... That eventually will bite you in the butt really bad.

Russell this year - trade
Randle - In Free Agency in 2018
Clarkson - Probably through trade that is only a $ benefit
Nance - In Free Agency in 2019 (If you don't want to pay Randle, then when Nance get offered $10mil+, you gotta let him go)

2020 - Have to decide on Zubac.

I would say it’s hustling on the boards is first and foremost what he’s known for. Identity wise that’s tough for a lot of young guys. Unless you are a superstar or have one skill that is absolutely polished, finding a niche that works is an ongoing process.

He’s improved his conditioning, ball handling and passing. He can still be a bull in a china shop at times, but he’s in more control of his body with the ball now than he was in 2015.
You're not wrong, and going back to when I was watching him at UK, it's that bull in a china shop that I still take issue with.

And I would contend that THAT's what he's known for.

What are you basing his upside on? The improvement in conditioning and ball handling (definitely true) and passing?

It's a real simple question. Not gonna waste my time going into detail if I know you're not even paying attention
= "I have no idea, but I don't want to just say that."

Essential answered. I responded. This isn't a test but somehow you're still failing it.

You're not wrong, and going back to when I was watching him at UK, it's that bull in a china shop that I still take issue with.

And I would contend that THAT's what he's known for.

What are you basing his upside on? The improvement in conditioning and ball handling (definitely true) and passing?

I think upside is that he's flashing his skill at times, and enough that you know he can do it. It's not like the crappy kid you put in RF who sticks his glove out, and one time the ball is hit right into his glove.

The upside is knowing he has a lot of tools in the toolbox because he's shown them all at one time or another in games as a pro.. It's about putting a level of consistency with it.

= "I have no idea, but I don't want to just say that."

Essential answered. I responded. This isn't a test but somehow you're still failing it.

Again if you can't see the improvements there's no point. If you know what to look for you wouldn't even be asking. When I watch the game, I actually watch the game. I rewind constantly to make sure I see what's happening and why. I even watch games more than once. So it's childish and baseless for you to assume I have no idea when you're the one asking rudimentary questions that are blatantly obvious if you have your eyes open

Are we going to deny that kuzma has more upside that randle and fits the team better? randle hasn’t improved his indecisiveness witch is the most frustrating part of his game

Reactions: God
I'll say that kuz does have potential to be better than Randle. Nance tho, hell nah. But I think kuz works as a 3 and there are things Randle can do that he can't and vice versa that so far have made them a nice combo out there

Again if you can't see the improvements there's no point. If you know what to look for you wouldn't even be asking. When I watch the game, I actually watch the game. I rewind constantly to make sure I see what's happening and why. I even watch games more than once. So it's childish and baseless for you to assume I have no idea when you're the one asking rudimentary questions that are blatantly obvious if you have your eyes open
If I ask you what your favorite ice cream is, would you respond "If you have no idea what ice cream tastes like, there's no point in responding"?

No.

Because I'm asking your opinion, and you would recognize that. If your favorite is chocolate, there's no way you would think "I mean, it's such a rudimentary question, and it's so obvious what the answer is but apparently you're just willfully blind."

Now go back and read my questions, and answer for you, not me. Like I said at the end of the questions, "If you can't answer those questions..."

Or just leave it alone since clearly you misinterpreted the intent of my questions.

Your dodging and deflections and false equivalency, ridiculous analogies show me that you clearly have no idea yet you have the nerve to project your ignorance on me. But I'll humor you anyway. From year one to year two he literally doubled his assists per game and improved his midrange by 10%. Like I said, blatantly obvious. And these are substantial improvements for any player. He was able to do that because he made better reads, better decisions and took better shots. He still had the problem of driving into the trees but it was less pronounced from year one. In this game Tonite he's made several really good contests at the rim, like more than 5 and as big of a fan I am I never expected him to be any kind of rim protector. That's just for starters. You can do your own homework from there. Or you could try answering my question but I don't have those lofty expectations

Bottom line I think it's clear that Kuz is the prototypical versatile 4 man you want in today's league so Randle like Voldermort before him is expendable. If he balls out in a contract year great, raise his trade value, but he doesn't fit going forward.

You're really stuck on thinking that I'm asking for you to form my opinion instead of asking for me to hear what your opinion is.

Kids. :lol:

"So what's your favorite ice cream?"
"Sometimes chocolate. I'm not going to convince you to like ice cream. Do your own homework."

Passive aggressive pundits with chips on their shoulder are always fun to engage with when they're behind a computer screen. :lol:

I know, I know, more deflecting insults to hide your cluelessness and blatant misinterpetation of a simple question that attacked no one and accused nothing in it's attempt to see who could explain their position and who couldn't.

(You're the 2nd one, sport.)

Don't bother responding if you plan on continuing the insults.

I don't, and the way I'll show that is by trimming the thread. All you have to do is let it go. You missed what I was asking. No worries. Let it go, or continue without insults.

"But you..."

Don't do that unless you're taking responsibility for your own jabs. I'm far from ignorant, don't appreciate the implication, clapped back, and now you get to drop it and have a civil discussion or drop it and move on. Continuing the jabs is not going to happen.

Oh and my bad. It was his close range that improved by 10%. He actually doubled his midrange %. But there's nothing to base his upside on and I just don't like all the mean words

1311094067_magic_johnson_eating.gif

Back
Top Bottom