**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

He made an entire post acting like Randle has been bad this preseason and that the typical excuses are being pulled out.

Randle’s been one of the best players on our team these past two games. In that small sample size he’s shown a few things that he has improved on in the past two seasons. I have no idea what you guys are watching.

Is he ever going to figure it all out to be really successful in this league, I don’t know, but I’m just pointing out that you guys could easily criticize other players way before Randle, but he’s an easy scapegoat.

boy russell bout to make magic pay this year.

after watching the first 2 preseason games, Kuzma looks like the #2 pick and lonzo looks like the 27th

I think Randle is a pretty good player. I don't see much difference in his overall game and style of play. Again, it's not necessarily bad... That being said, I don't feel like his game fits well with what Luke Walton wants to impart on the team moving forward.

I've said it before, if the guy could help space the floor AND finish with his right, that would be great. But he probably just is who he is. He's a guy that will either get or get close to a double double night in and night out, but it will more than likely come at the expense of the flow of the offense.

See man..dude hit 3 jumpers and 2 right hand layups in the first game and people still say he needs to work on his jumper and right hand :lol:. It seriously trips me out. Been hella active on defense and more engaged all around but I guess he's still the same guy.

Believe it or not there are times in basketball when an iso is the best play. When the clock is running out, when everyone is just standing around, when you have a mismatch..most his isos from the past 2 games fall under that category. There are times where he has passed up open 15 footers to drive into multiple defenders waiting for him but it's been few and far between. And yea he still sucks as at setting screens

I really don't know what some of yall are watching or if you even know what to look for

Last edited:

after watching the first 2 preseason games, Kuzma looks like the #2 pick and lonzo looks like the 27th

Facts about d lo

What if kuzma is really the star of the team in a year or so lmao. That would be lit.

if randle puts up 16-10, will yall want to extend him?
or trade him while hes hot to maximize our cap space.
cap space for a not so clear picture of what will be there next summer

it really will be a conundrum to see what the FO wants to do at the end of the year...lot of ?'s

Y’all leave Randle alone

The second we trade him, he’s gonna blossom into Malik Rose, JR Reid or Jason Maxiell and we’ll all be kicking ourselves for letting him go

I'm fine with keeping Randle if the deal is right. But if he's looking for big money and we already got somebody that's better than him at his position then trade him.

Yeah because NBA career's are clearly decided after summer league and 2 pre season games.

But of wait D'Lo gets a pass because he was TRASH his rookie season because of tank GOD coach Byron Scott.

Oh and D'Lo only started 2 shine in his 2nd year in the summer league where he played well and hit that game winner on the SIXERS.

Last edited:
How do we give up 41 points and 13 threes in a quarter? With the pace of place we expect to have and our awful defenders we might have a shot at the WOAT defense.

Lol nah he was fine the first two games. And as bad as he's been in this one he's still on pace for a double double and active on defense

Yeah because NBA career's are clearly decided after summer league and 2 pre season games.

But of wait D'Lo gets a pass because he was TRASH his rookie season because of tank GOD coach Byron Scott.

Oh and D'Lo only started 2 shine in his 2nd year in the summer league where he played well and hit that game winner on the SIXERS.

Russell was decent his rookie year.

But there’s No reason to pull the chute on anybody really. Whether it be Randle,Clarkson or Lonzo, Ingram and Kuzma

But if you had to pull the chute on someone it’s by far Clarkson. I’ll take the Randle cap hold that’s = to Clarksons salary any day of the week.

#1. What is Randle's identity? Going on his 3rd year, what is it that he is known for?

#2. What elements of his game have improved? Bullying? Going left constantly? Concrete feet?

#3. Other than the fact that possibilities are literally limitless, on what are you basing his upside?

If you can't answer those questions ALONG WITH your defense of Randle, essentially all you're saying is "I don't like the mean words about him."

Imagine if last year's team never drafted Ingram, never had Nick Young, swap Lou for Brewer, trade D'lo for Hart and didn't have moz. Pretty much what we're watching right now

#1. What is Randle's identity? Going on his 3rd year, what is it that he is known for?

#2. What elements of his game have improved? Bullying? Going left constantly? Concrete feet?

#3. Other than the fact that possibilities are literally limitless, on what are you basing his upside?

If you can't answer those questions ALONG WITH your defense of Randle, essentially all you're saying is "I don't like the mean words about him."

Serious question, when you watch games what are you looking at? If you can't see the improvements even in a game like this as bad as he is then there's no point in addressing your questions

I would say it’s hustling on the boards is first and foremost what he’s known for. Identity wise that’s tough for a lot of young guys. Unless you are a superstar or have one skill that is absolutely polished, finding a niche that works is an ongoing process.

He’s improved his conditioning, ball handling and passing. He can still be a bull in a china shop at times, but he’s in more control of his body with the ball now than he was in 2015.

Back
Top Bottom