**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I just wish randle would look to post up correctly instead of bullying. He tried so hard to bully Faried and that got to him

this whole era of quickly turning on young players is so stupid

and its coming mostly from laker fans

no other fanbase turns on their young players quicker

but love trash *** one dimensional players like shannon brown larry nance, and ryan kelly

it just aint right

we never going to get anywhere if we keep throwing away our young talent just to gamble on players who are almost in the twilight of their careers

most title teams had their core group with similar ages

yall want to mix really young players with superstars intheir prime or later

by the time ball and ingram in their prime these big free agents gonna be washed

Nah. Real, sensible fans want to see a solid young core build together, but if a couple pieces aren't meshing well, you gotta keep looking.

People are only hard on the top draft picks that are supposed to be cornerstones of the future. If they aren't and you can potentially move them for something with a better fit, why not?

People in here gotta stop harping on irrelevant things to fit their narrative.

Randle isn't trash. He has some good things that he does and some stuff you wonder why it hasn't been corrected in three years. In what Luke wants to do system wise, Randle hasn't been lookin like a great fit. So if you can move him because he does have some cache to his name, again... why not.

Nah. Real, sensible fans want to see a solid young core build together, but if a couple pieces aren't meshing well, you gotta keep looking.

People are only hard on the top draft picks that are supposed to be cornerstones of the future. If they aren't and you can potentially move them for something with a better fit, why not?

Randle isn't trash. He has some good things that he does and some stuff you wonder why it hasn't been corrected in three years. In what Luke wants to do system wise, Randle hasn't been lookin like a great fit. So if you can move him because he does have some cache to his name, again... why not.

tumblr_mdjxrcL3U61rurv44.gif

Randle isn't trash. He has some good things that he does and some stuff you wonder why it hasn't been corrected in three years. In what Luke wants to do system wise, Randle hasn't been lookin like a great fit.
Exactly.

But in the minds of absolute thinkers, 'Randle is going on his 3rd year and I'm not terribly impressed' is NOT 'Randle is amazing,' so therefore 'Randle is going on his 3rd year and I'm not blown away' becomes interpreted as as 'Randle is terrible. Trade him and everyone else.'

And 'I like Randle' is NOT 'He has his flaws', so therefore 'I like Randle' becomes interpreted as 'Randle is IT! Franchise player!'

Last edited:
Long season, but a season we need.

I get up at 5 or 530am to watch these games out here in Bahrain.

Although it’s frustrating so far, it’s 3 games. 3 preseason games. I’ve seen some good things and some terrible things.

But that’s what you expect with a very young team. Great play and terrible inconsistent play.

Just gotta continue to be patient. Can’t do much else...

Although it’s frustrating so far, it’s 3 games. 3 preseason games. I’ve seen some good things and some terrible things.

But that’s what you expect with a very young team. Great play and terrible inconsistent play.

Just gotta continue to be patient. Can’t do much else...
*searching for the lie*

*no lies detected*

I’m going to be honest here: After that, I don’t remember what Coach Karl said — or what anybody else said, for that matter. I was just thinking about my parents. I was thinking about my siblings. I was thinking about calling each one of them individually to tell them the news and hear their reactions.

Mom, I’m a Laker.

Who in the World Is David Nwaba?

I'm really going to miss this dude. I hope he finds his way back here.

Exactly.

But in the minds of absolute thinkers, 'Randle is going on his 3rd year and I'm not terribly impressed' is NOT 'Randle is amazing,' so therefore 'Randle is going on his 3rd year and I'm not blown away' becomes interpreted as as 'Randle is terrible. Trade him and everyone else.'

And 'I like Randle' is NOT 'He has his flaws', so therefore 'I like Randle' becomes interpreted as 'Randle is IT! Franchise player!'

There's also the whole subjective what's your favorite ice cream conundrum that gets compared to something objective and concrete like statistical improvements

I didn't like the Randle pick at the time, but he's developed into a solid young player. Sure he has his flaws, but he's productive and still has room to grow. Impending free agency is concerning, but whatever. I'm sure he'll continue developing when he leaves LA next summer.

There's also the whole subjective what's your favorite ice cream conundrum that gets compared to something objective and concrete like statistical improvements
I see you that still don't understand that you grossly misinterpreted my intentions for asking what I asked, which was to get the opinion of whoever answered and have a discussion from there, like I did with Essential, whereas as you thought (and probably still think) that I was asking for someone to form my opinion for me. Until you understand that, just lee me 'lone.

Also, you don't seem to understand that while numbers are concrete, interpretations of what numbers mean are as subjective as opinions, so just lee me 'lone.

Neither of those are up for debate, so if you still think they are off and you want to debate that, I have no interest, so just lee me 'lone.

:smile:lol:smile:

(No but seriously...)

You asked something like what has he improved on and what is his upside based on..that's not opinion based. And then suggested that not answering those questions meant that people just don't like the mean words. Which all just made it seem like you have no idea what's going on on the court. Which is why I asked what do you look at when you watch games. Which you never answered. You're not alone tho, a lot of people don't know what's going on. If we're being honest, you probably didn't know he made the kind of improvements I pointed out to you

Last edited:
You asked something like what has he improved on and what is his upside based on..that's not opinion based. And then suggested that not answering those questions meant that people just don't like the mean words. Which all just made it seem like you have no idea what's going on on the court.
"suggested"

"seem like"

= interpretations

YOUR interpretation.

Dude, you interpreted the reasoning behind my questions incorrectly.

We're not going back and forth on this.

Stop responding about this if all you want to do is tell me what my intentions were. You want to argue what I am telling you my intentions were, intentions that were proven when I engaged in a discussion about those questions with someone who answered them.

I know what my intentions were. You refuse to see, even thought I've told you. That's your problem, and doesn't need to be discussed anymore.

And I didn't say that if a person DOESN'T answer the questions, that means they just don't like the mean words; I said that if a person CAN'T. Huge difference.

Stop arguing what the hell I meant. Answer the questions or leave it alone.

If your next response is about the questions I asked but doesn't actually answer the questions, don't.

If your next response is about the questions I asked but does answer the questions, don't.

If you want to continue to argue your issue with the questions I asked, don't.

"suggested"

"seem like"

= interpretations

YOUR interpretation.

Dude, you interpreted the reasoning behind my questions incorrectly.

We're not going back and forth on this.

Stop responding about this if all you want to do is tell me what my intentions were. You want to argue what I am telling you my intentions were, intentions that were proven when I engaged in a discussion about those questions with someone who answered them.

I know what my intentions were. You refuse to see, even thought I've told you. That's your problem, and doesn't need to be discussed anymore.

And I didn't say that if a person DOESN'T answer the questions, that means they just don't like the mean words; I said that if a person CAN'T. Huge difference.

Stop arguing what the hell I meant. Answer the questions or leave it alone.

If your next response is about the questions I asked but doesn't actually answer the questions, don't.

If your next response is about the questions I asked but does answer the questions, don't.

If you want to continue to argue your issue with the questions I asked, don't.

I answered your questions a long time ago, don't know how you don't understand that unless you're not paying attention. Which leaves us with:

-What do you look at when you watch games
-You didn't know Randle made those improvements until I pointed it out, right? But then you didn't even realize I answered your question so obviously that's a no

Question.

You answered one of my questions.

Let's review:
Serious question, when you watch games what are you looking at? If you can't see the improvements even in a game like this as bad as he is then there's no point in addressing your questions
This was your first response to me after I asked the 3 questions I asked. Clearly didn't answer the questions here.
It's a real simple question. Not gonna waste my time going into detail if I know you're not even paying attention
Nope.
Again if you can't see the improvements there's no point. If you know what to look for you wouldn't even be asking. When I watch the game, I actually watch the game. I rewind constantly to make sure I see what's happening and why. I even watch games more than once. So it's childish and baseless for you to assume I have no idea when you're the one asking rudimentary questions that are blatantly obvious if you have your eyes open
Didn't answer the questions I asked here, either.
From year one to year two he literally doubled his assists per game and improved his midrange by 10%. Like I said, blatantly obvious. And these are substantial improvements for any player. He was able to do that because he made better reads, better decisions and took better shots. He still had the problem of driving into the trees but it was less pronounced from year one. In this game Tonite he's made several really good contests at the rim, like more than 5 and as big of a fan I am I never expected him to be any kind of rim protector. That's just for starters.
So that answered 'What improvements has he made?'

#1. What is Randle's identity? Going on his 3rd year, what is it that he is known for?

#3. Other than the fact that possibilities are literally limitless, on what are you basing his upside?

And instead of answering those questions, in that same quote, you went with...
You can do your own homework from there.
If you would like to answer those questions, by all means.

If you would like to discuss how ridiculous they are to you, don't.

If you would like me to answer your question of what I watch when I watch games, I've had every intention of doing so as soon as you've both answered mine and stopped arguing about your issue with my questions and interpretation of why I asked them. Neither of those things are up for discussion, but you seem to be confused on that, so I'm making sure your confusion is perfectly clear and that there have been multiple mentions of that confusion.

Back
Top Bottom