**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Long season, but a season we need.

I get up at 5 or 530am to watch these games out here in Bahrain.

Although it’s frustrating so far, it’s 3 games. 3 preseason games. I’ve seen some good things and some terrible things.

But that’s what you expect with a very young team. Great play and terrible inconsistent play.

Just gotta continue to be patient. Can’t do much else...
Respect bro and appreciate you for your service. Can't say that enough

I do wonder what some expected. I'm in a few Laker groups and it seems as if some expected this team to win 40 or more games. I mean the level of overreaction over 3 preseason games is amazing to me.

The guys we hope end up being our core have 2 full seasons (Randle), 1 full season (Ingram) and 2, count them TWO preseason games (Ball) under their belts...

I mean I don't know...it's been 3 games and folks are talking like we have a squad of busts. I get some of the criticisms for Randle. I do...but man...still very early for all of them.

I mean without bogut and brook we could have a shot at the G-League championship.....it wouldn't be easy tho

But seriously, in a even more stacked west than last year, so far our team looks worse than last years, very early but still not the start we wanted.

Momentum from preseason into the real season is palpable and we already establishing that loosing culture again...

Id be satisfied with 35 wins this season and consider that a success.

cats talkin bout 40+ wins, playoffs need their laker card revoked.

tumblr_mz3qpd9hkz1rs4x0jo2_500.gif

Gary Harris got his bag. I remember liked him a lot in 2014, but felt it would've been a reach at #7.

The Lakers Film Room has a great podcast that's worth listening to. They brought up a great point about the organization/coaching staff that hasn't been addressed. What if the Lakers just aren't good at developing young players? Out of the young guys we've drafted many of them have stalled in their development and are called busts when in fact it could be our coaching staff. How much better would Dlo and Randle be if they'd gone to San Antonio and not the Lakers?

Personally, I don't like the way that they're handling Ingram. I don't think he's the ISO, 20 ppg scorer that Magic wants him to be; at least not yet. When the Spurs got Kawhi, they worked on his defense, fixed his jumper and the final aspect of his game they addressed was ISO, triple threat scoring. Ingram isn't Durant type player and I think we're gonna ruin him and label him a bust because we can't pass him the ball and ask him to get us 20+ ppg at 20 years old.

Luke is very non-chalant about us looking like garbage in the pre-season but I'm a bit worried. The Nuggets were without their top 3 players (harris, njokic, millsap) and we were without our top 3 players (ball, ingram, lopez) and we were still giving up open 3 after open 3 to essentially back-ups. It was embarrassing. Luke said in an earlier game that he hadn't even installed any of the offense and was just focusing on defense and yet we still can't rotate onto open shooters. This is gonna be a long year fellas.

Last edited:
I honestly don't believe Dlo or Randle have the iq to play for pop. And def don't believe Dlo has the character to play in that organization.

I honestly don't believe Dlo or Randle have the iq to play for pop. And def don't believe Dlo has the character to play in that organization.

:lol:

The Lakers Film Room has a great podcast that's worth listening to. They brought up a great point about the organization/coaching staff that hasn't been addressed. What if the Lakers just aren't good at developing young players? Out of the young guys we've drafted many of them have stalled in their development and are called busts when in fact it could be our coaching staff. How much better would Dlo and Randle be if they'd gone to San Antonio and not the Lakers?

Personally, I don't like the way that they're handling Ingram. I don't think he's the ISO, 20 ppg scorer that Magic wants him to be; at least not yet. When the Spurs got Kawhi, they worked on his defense, fixed his jumper and the final aspect of his game they addressed was ISO, triple threat scoring. Ingram isn't Durant type player and I think we're gonna ruin him and label him a bust because we can't pass him the ball and ask him to get us 20+ ppg at 20 years old.

Luke is very non-chalant about us looking like garbage in the pre-season but I'm a bit worried. The Nuggets were without their top 3 players (harris, njokic, millsap) and we were without our top 3 players (ball, ingram, lopez) and we were still giving up open 3 after open 3 to essentially back-ups. It was embarrassing. Luke said in an earlier game that he hadn't even installed any of the offense and was just focusing on defense and yet we still can't rotate onto open shooters. This is gonna be a long year fellas.

Yup I was saying this a while back. I think last year. It don’t make sense how clarkson was passing scoring so well etc then all of a sudden his role gets reduced to nothing and he seems to not be as good. That kobe year definitely hurt development as well. It was so painful to watch

Huh? Clarkson's rookie and sophomore years were both spent with Kobe and Byron. He looked decent for a rookie. Idk about passing and scoring "so well". The Lakers were the joke of the league and teams didn't take them seriously so guys with no scouting and a bit of greenlight (since everyone was injured) will look decent-pretty good.

The knock on JC is his shooting
Is 3pt percentage fell off this past year
The defensive shortcomings would be allowed if he's 3pt shooting was way better...he's capable of shooting 35 +...he was there his second year

Look at Gary Harris, dude is a consistent shooter man...that's why he got his bag

Reactions: God
The biggest weakness in Clarkson's game has always been his defense. Defense is something that really can't be taught and is more on the players effort.

And seriously do NT'ers forget that Randle, Clarkson, and D'Lo first seasons in the league were under Byron Scott and were drafted by the Jim Buss & Mitch Kupchak?

The big knock on D'Lo from both Byron & Luke was D'Lo's attitude on and off the court and how he was immature, his work ethic, and how he would show up late for practice.

Last edited:
The biggest weakness in Clarkson's game has always been his defense. Defense is something that really can't be taught and is more on the players effort.

And seriously do NT'ers forget that Randle, Clarkson, and D'Lo first seasons in the league were under Byron Scott and were drafted by the Jim Buss & Mitch Kupchak?

The big knock on D'Lo from both Byron & Luke was D'Lo's attitude on and off the court and how he was immature, his work ethic, and how he would show up late for practice.

Late to practice? Huh? Link please

I guess we’ll be working on chemistry on the fly during regular season.....bunch of rotational players in and out of the preseason lineup when we have a ton of new faces. As Trump would say “not good”.
We needed to gel during preseason

I’m thinking 2-8 first 10 games

Back
Top Bottom