**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Kuzma and Randle looked good together on the court. If Randle can maintain this level of defensive play, I like the idea of playing him more minutes at center like he did tonight. Caruso looked impressive as well. It seems like Luke and the front office are committed to Ingram being a 20 point scorer and forcing him upon the offense even if its to the detriment of the team. Forcing the ball to him in clutch situations and having him be our 'closer' will be disastrous. He's more of a playmaker than an all-out scorer. I stand by what I said earlier: we're trying to make him into something, he's not. He played over 40 minutes tonight and contributed very little (he did have afew good passes though). He's a playmaking forward like Giannis, not a top-end scorer who can give you 30 like Durant.

whatever "mechanics" they tweaked on ingrams shot over the summer has made it worse....

dood can not shoot a fish in a bucket right now |l

lopez got a better stroke :lol:

Magic's prediction of Ingram averaging 20 is laughable right now... and when he does score, dude has to work so hard to get buckets. He has noticeably
just been barging his way to the rim and forcing things. He needs easier buckets and kobe footwork lessons. Im also not sure if he will ever figure out how to use his length, pause*.

So basically from 19 to 21 kuz wasn't all that hot but after some time working on his game he's the real deal. Interesting

JC , Kuz and Randle off the bench with Caruso getting them easy buckets......me likey

Those 3 can beast any teams bench

I'd love to see Thomas Bryant have a career similar to Ronny Turiaf
TB is soft...he aint gully like ronny was

aside from the BI talk
i really think id like to see caruso get the back up PG spot. he seems to have better playmaking skills than ennis, but he might be step too slow to keep up with speedy guards

coaching staff needs to get BI in a better position to score. this iso play is hard to watch

in the limited amount of games i've seen, his defense looks decent, though.

Reactions: God
Brandon Ingram’s preseason averages: 8 points (26.7 FG%), 4.3 rebounds, 24.4 mpg.

tenor.gif

It's gonna take baby steps with him though and we need to be very patient. I know its in Magic's personality to hype players up but saying that Ingram is gonna be our leading scorer and closer was just setting him up for failure. He needs to become a league average player before he leads any team in anything.

BI just need to relax. He doesnt have any go to move as of yet. He cant really shake his defenders off easily. He tries going through his defenders using his body. Lebron is the only who can do that :lol: .. He needs to watch more KD to utilize his length

If it makes you feel better look at Giannis' career averages year over year:
FG% Rebs Assists Pts
13-14: .414 4.4 1.9 6.8
14-15: .491 6.7 2.6 12.7
15-16: .506 7.7 4.3 16.9
16-17: .521 8.8 5.4 22.9

Seeing BI's name mentioned with KD & Giannis. Smh.

Look at Paul George's progression year over year progression from his rookie year:
Rebs Assists Pts
3.7 1.1 7.8
5.6 2.4 12.1
7.6 4.1 17.4
6.8 3.5 21.7

Similar pattern. When you draft an 19 year old you need to be patient. There aren't many 20 year old 20 point per game scorers in the league. Ingram is a project. He's just a ball of potential with no refined NBA skill. If you looked at PG or Giannis after their rookie seasons would you have believed that either of them would ever be all-NBA players?

Look at Paul George's progression year over year progression from his rookie year:
Rebs Assists Pts
3.7 1.1 7.8
5.6 2.4 12.1
7.6 4.1 17.4
6.8 3.5 21.7

Similar pattern. When you draft an 19 year old you need to be patient. There aren't many 20 year old 20 point per game scorers in the league. Ingram is a project. He's just a ball of potential with no refined NBA skill. If you looked at PG or Giannis after their rookie seasons would you have believed that either of them would ever be all-NBA players?

And there are those who drop 70 at that age . It’s crazy how some develop at slower rates than others

Last edited:
Damn Joel Embiid just got a 5 year $148 million extension :lol:

Randle now gonna expect the same type of extension next summer.

But hey it's ok he can come off the bench while Kuzma starts over him :lol:

Back
Top Bottom