**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Like I said earlier in the thread before getting scolded by some for questioning Luke Waltons questionable line up decisions (for the record I still love that he's our coach and think he can be great) - he had a big part to do with our loss last night.

He sits Ingram for a huge stretch between the 3rd and 4th period while he was actually playing very well. Then he brings him in with 4 mins left and all momentum lost and expects him to produce. Reminded me too much of last year and how he handled minutes for D'lo - brining him back into the game after sitting for 9 minutes late in the game and expecting him to hit shots. Also once Ingram started to take over the game late, Coach should call a time out and regroup his guys, specifically telling Ingram to stop hijacking the offense.

Also he should have matched Goberts height in the mid fourth when he came back into the game rather then rolling with Kuz and Randle as your bigs. Goberts height changed it up for the Jazz.

ALso where was KCP? If Mitchell is scorching you, shouldn't you bring in your best defender? KCP played solid in the first half.

Just my thoughts. Great game nonetheless, even though it reeked of last season (play well for 44 minutes before falling flat on our faces because we tighten up at the end)

Like I said earlier in the thread before getting scolded by some for questioning Luke Waltons questionable line up decisions (for the record I still love that he's our coach and think he can be great) - he had a big part to do with our loss last night.

He sits Ingram for a huge stretch between the 3rd and 4th period while he was actually playing very well. Then he brings him in with 4 mins left and all momentum lost and expects him to produce. Reminded me too much of last year and how he handled minutes for D'lo - brining him back into the game after sitting for 9 minutes late in the game and expecting him to hit shots. Also once Ingram started to take over the game late, Coach should call a time out and regroup his guys, specifically telling Ingram to stop hijacking the offense.

Also he should have matched Goberts height in the mid fourth when he came back into the game rather then rolling with Kuz and Randle as your bigs. Goberts height changed it up for the Jazz.

ALso where was KCP? If Mitchell is scorching you, shouldn't you bring in your best defender? KCP played solid in the first half.

Just my thoughts. Great game nonetheless, even though it reeked of last season (play well for 44 minutes before falling flat on our faces because we tighten up at the end)

Agree with all of this. Luke has gotta stop icing his players on the bench. If he still hasn't learned after doing it all last season it's time to start looking at him funny. Did the same thing with Lopez who came in and fumbled an easy pass after being on the bench so long. I get that it's preseason but it would've been good to get a win and build some momentum, stop experimenting. Very winnable game

that specific Lopez fumble was because he was pointing up asking for a lob, then he got a bounce pass slightly behind him. I don't think it mattered that he was "cold" or not on that play

Last edited:
as for KCP being sat in the 2nd half, dude is suspended for the first 2 games of the season
Hart and caruso needed to get some PT cause they could very well be used in his absence come the 19th

You guys really takin that preseason loss hard.

Luke is no diff than any of the young guys, give him time to hone his craft and stop clock watching.

One year and a few preseason games and we need to start watchin his rotations or he's out. Yeesh. :lol:

Patience is in short supply in this era I guess.

You guys really takin that preseason loss hard.

Luke is no diff than any of the young guys, give him time to hone his craft and stop clock watching.

One year and a few preseason games and we need to start watchin his rotations or he's out. Yeesh. :lol:

Patience is in short supply in this era I guess.
Nobody said he's on the clock. That term gets used too loosely here. For example, Randle is on the clock because he's in a contract year. Ingram, Ball, Luke etc are NOT on the clock. Clarkson is not on the clock because he is who he is at this point - likely.

I have no problems with mentioning what someone can improve upon (not that my opinion matters anyways). At this time, after a year and a few preseason his rotations need work.

scolded by some
In HERE?

Nah. I've found that everyone in here is fairly willing to hear opinions that disagree with their own, and also fairly willing to field objectionable questions that don't align with their way of thinking.

People scolding opinions they don't like or don't agree with? In HEEERE? Nnnnaaaaahhhh.

Last edited:
Reactions: DLF
so now it seems that Lonzo wont play Friday..
smh
I thought this was well known?

It was announced the other day that he was out for entire preseason.

Maybe it was one of those fake instagram posts that turned out to be true?

Lets just hope he's ready by season start, although I would have liked him to get some reps in before season starts. At least we got Caruso!

http://www.lakersnation.com/luke-walton-says-idea-of-kyle-kuzma-starting-is-on-the-table/2017/10/09/
http://www.lakersnation.com/luke-walton-says-idea-of-kyle-kuzma-starting-is-on-the-table/2017/10/09/
I may be in the minority but I'm not a fan of starting Kuzma for a variety of reasons:

1. If Kuzma is legit, we need to trade Nance/Randle to make space for him and as a way to get rid of Deng's contract. If we want to trade either of those two and get a decent return we need to highlight skills by starting them and having them play heavy minutes.

2. It's in our team's best interest to have Ingram start at 3 in order to maintain his confidence .Benching him after staying he's going to average 20 ppg isn't a good look. He needs to continue to play heavy minutes so he can grow as a player.

3. He'll get the opportunity to feast on 2nd unit players and keep his momentum

Also as a separate point: Who cares who starts? This isn't football, starters get subbed out frequently and as long as he's playing his 20-25 minutes does it matter if its at the beginning of each half? Are Manu and Iggy thought less of because they don't start? Finishing games and playing during critical moments >>>>>>>> starting.

Starters tend to play more minutes which leads to more shots which leads to getting paid more.

Nobody said he's on the clock. That term gets used too loosely here. For example, Randle is on the clock because he's in a contract year. Ingram, Ball, Luke etc are NOT on the clock. Clarkson is not on the clock because he is who he is at this point - likely.

I have no problems with mentioning what someone can improve upon (not that my opinion matters anyways). At this time, after a year and a few preseason his rotations need work.

You know less than jack **** about NBA rotations tho, so.......the guy that learned under his HOF father, who learned from John Wooden, then Lute Olsen in college, and Phil Jackson in the Pros, then worked under Steve Kerr, I'll go ahead and give that guy some time instead of bumpin off about "needs to improve on"

It's funny, everyone's rotations are great when they win, and when they lose their rotations need work. :lol: There's more to coaching than just rotations, choose a new go to nitpick.

We'll see how D'Angelo does over the season.

Really no use over crying about it at this point. If he does great in Brooklyn then that's great for him. I don't know how any other view of it helps anyone in here.

Lol you don’t have to look bruh. All you gotta do is turn on a tv or come in this thread :lol: jk

Damn I bet lonzo + d lo woulda been lit.

I wouldn’t be surprised if DLo turned into Billups 2.0

He was butting heads with Lakers management so perhaps a change of scenery is good for his career

@sohi 23 did want him traded so he can flourish elsewhere so he may be right on that prediction lol

Lonzo plus Dlo on offense would have been fun to watch, from the outside looking in. But the organization obviously didn't think it would work, maybe personality clash or something. Maybe they felt Zo is the type where you give him the keys and let him run everything.

Hopefully 3rd year Zo is a better player than 3rd year Dlo, and we won't know that for a while so no point in comparing their seasons this year

Regular season ain't even start and ya'll already baby please come back.

A1Bny.png

Back
Top Bottom