**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I was going to say I was ok with this loss but then I'm like naw this was ours to take. KCP tied the game to almost force OT just like they did vs the Wiz. I felt they would've pulled it off in OT. Then you got BI on Dame which it don't get better then that as for as who should've guarded Dame's last shot. That was a good move by Luke. But can't be mad at Dame. Superstar did superstar things tonight. Ball............ WTF!!?,,.

We lost this game in the 1st quarter, can't let teams come out like that, definitely need to see zo looking for his shot, but I'm still mad they called that foul on zo with 1:56 on the clock and it looked like a clean block to me and lillard fell over himself
true

Imagine we play with same intensity all 48 mins. We would'a blown this team out.

For some reason, I wasn't that bothered by Ball's 0 points. He only shot twice but he didn't have any open 3s that he gave up. He made the right play everytime. He didn't need to force it inside etc. We were rolling offensively from the 2nd period onward between Ingram, Kuzma and Lopez. It was the lack of getting stops in the last 4 minutes that screwed us.

Don't get me wrong, he needs to score more but if you didn't watch the game you'd think he was solely to blame but he had the ball most of the game and setting guys up etc.

Still don’t get why you guys are surprised Lonzo can be passive at scoring

That’s like his only major flaw

He will figure it out on that end
He played within the offense and let the other guys cook as a floor general

Even though folks are and will overreact Zo gotta take more than 2 shots. No confidence in his shot now but that's what rookies do. They have good games and bad games and learn.

Kuzma want all the smoke though. He ready. Best player on the team. Him and Simmons the best 2 rookies in the league(technically Kuz is). He bout to get more burn with Nance being out too.

Even though folks are and will overreact Zo gotta take more than 2 shots. No confidence in his shot now but that's what rookies do. They have good games and bad games and learn.

Kuzma want all the smoke though. He ready. Best player on the team. Him and Simmons the best 2 rookies in the league(technically Kuz is). He bout to get more burn with Nance being out too.
Lonzo gonna be on the clock already with this thread by the end of this season because he’s going to have some nights like this.

Kuzgawd :nthat::nthat::nthat:

Knew he was gonna be great when he cooked Tatum at summer league

This game was lost late in the 3rd quarter. We could have pushed the lead to 10 or more and we were in the bonus.

We let the Blazers back in and settled for jumpers. From there Blazers just had the momentum the rest of the game.

For some reason, I wasn't that bothered by Ball's 0 points. He only shot twice but he didn't have any open 3s that he gave up. He made the right play everytime. He didn't need to force it inside etc. We were rolling offensively from the 2nd period onward between Ingram, Kuzma and Lopez. It was the lack of getting stops in the last 4 minutes that screwed us.

Don't get me wrong, he needs to score more but if you didn't watch the game you'd think he was solely to blame but he had the ball most of the game and setting guys up etc.

Yes he did his thing moving the ball around. That part I loved. Def set the tone for team when he's on the floor hence "the floor general" like someone else said. But geez. Could at least take 2-3 easy drives to the basket to get fouled or a and1. We'd won the game then. I can't take no excuses for 0 points.

I know Zo got that scoring in him. I saw it in person at Phoenix. But tonight it was like he was scared to shoot. Like what's up with that?

Last edited:
Lonzo gonna be on the clock already with this thread by the end of this season because he’s going to have some nights like this.

Kuzgawd :nthat::nthat::nthat:

Knew he was gonna be great when he cooked Tatum at summer league
Man he's a weird case. I ain't never seen no Utah games so I never watched him play in college but when I looked him up on YouTube, I was like why did he fall so far? He's 6'9 can score from everywhere, gotta athletic but smoove game. I guess cuz he 22 teams thought he peaked or whatever. Thank you. :pimp:

THIS x100... they weren't even close. I feel like this guy has reached his ceiling. He manages to do bonehead things to balance out whatever little good thing he does.
clarkson played horrible

remember his three in transition. off balance horrible shot in such an important time in the game

Man he's a weird case. I ain't never seen no Utah games so I never watched him play in college but when I looked him up on YouTube, I was like why did he fall so far? He's 6'9 can score from everywhere, gotta athletic but smoove game. I guess cuz he 22 teams thought he peaked or whatever. Thank you. :pimp:
Laker scouts have a knack for finding those late round gems :nthat:

Yes, but JC also had some big buckets and was agressive taking it to the bucket making the defense work

He could not shoot like this in college.

Back
Top Bottom