**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Don’t agree much with Chuck, but his analysis on Zo and his shooting was pretty spot on. The way Zo has to bring the ball from the left side of his body, up and pretty much across his face to get to his release point is a big problem. You take away his ability to go left, you take away his ability for a pull up on that side since it would be the easiest way for Zo to get his shot up. Once you take that left away, and you force him right, his shot mechanics are too slow for any pull up. He becomes virtually 1 dimensional at that point. Pretty much his option is to pass. Even if he blows by you right, he’s looking to pass before taking a layup or a shot.

The one thing I think Zo needs to do more is cutting to basket in off ball situations

He did that a couple times against Detroit

I said that here before the draft. It’s technically impossible to shoot going right with his mechanics, but we knew that and drafted him anyways so his overall talent should compensate for that flaw

JC kept us in the game tho.

Need Zo to stop being so passive.

lol your'e being selective... he also did bonehead things at critical moments... this is as good as he will get... I would actually argue he played way better when byron had no choice but to play him
second part of the season.

I said that here before the draft. It’s technically impossible to shoot going right with his mechanics, but we knew that and drafted him anyways so his overall talent should compensate for that flaw
Only way he can get his shot up going to his right is if the screen that is set is solid enough where the defender can’t get around. Or if the defender goes under the screen, probably gives a few seconds of day light to get a shot up. Either way, it’s frustrating.

Like I said earlier, even if he does go by you to his right, he’s going to look to pass first. We’ve seen it plenty of times during summer league and preseason. He’ll have an open lay up but chooses to pass it away. I’m sure with time and coaching it will happen a lot less.

If the team continues on this upward trend like they have been lately with Nance now out indefinitely I don't know how he doesn't get brought up in trade talks

Hate the loss, like what I saw as whole though.

We normally turn the ball over 18 times a game and cut that to 11. Defense was good. Kuzma balled, Lopez balled. Ingram and Randle had solid play. KCP tied the game.

I hate we lost Nance, but maybe that will motivate Randle to play better since he will probably start.

We can not lose tonight though. The D.Lo. Fan boys will be out in droves if we lose.

- tough loss, glad they battled back after after being down 18. Would've been easy to quit after going down big
- Played good defense overall after the first quarter
- We didn't turn the ball over a million times, which is good.
- Unacceptable performance from Zo, how can you only take 2 shots? He didn't put any pressure on Dame to defend.
- I'm starting to really get worried about Zo's jumper. He has the 2nd lowest FG% in the league for guys with over 50 attempts. With this release he's never going to be able to come off screens for jumpers; its always gonna be tear drops and step back, 40 ft threes
- Nurkic killed everyone who we put in front of him: Randle, Kuzma, Nance, Lopez all got worked. Good learning experience for the young guys but its obvious our interior defense isn't great. Guys were putting in effort but against elite bigs with real post moves, we're toast
- Kuzma balled; him and KCP were the only player not afraid to take shots down the stretch. No joke, he needs to be taking 15-18 shots per game.
- Lopez dominated too, very aggressive on both ends
- Aint eem mad about the Dame game winning. If he's gonna take a 35 ft three with a hand in his face and hit it 'oh well'. BI played good D and cut off the drive. You can live with that.

They made one mistake with nurkic though. He got 5 fouls and we didn’t go at him any more.

Nurkic also could stop Lopez...

Hopefully the Nance injury means Randle starts and Kuzma is your first guy off the bench. Luke better not pull something like have Deng start just to keep the bench rotations the same >D

Kuzma needs to get the green light night. I predict he has his first 30 pt game in his first start.

Last edited:
Hopefully the Nance injury means Randle starts and Kuzma is your first guy off the bench. Luke better not pull something like have Deng start just to keep the bench rotations the same >D
deng coming into play is such a luke move.
he told him he wasnt part of the rotation unless something drastic happened...well here you go

Kuzma starting is the obvious move so we all know Luke is gunna start Deng.

Gotta keep that 2nd unit preserved :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom