**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Lavar needs to stop...I really think free agents are questioning coming here because of him

Zo will definitely be giving us a hometown discount...as for the Bros the middle one is not good enough for the league not athletic at all...young one has game but heard he has poor work ethic

Free agents? Discounts?

Where are you getting this info from, man?

Upcoming free agents (including PG and Bron) top players (wall) have given lonzo props.

“Definitely be giving us a discount”. Nothing of the sort has ever been mentioned.

I mean yea, Lavar been paving his way

But it’s a lowkey sabotage, now any team can/will lowball for all the brothers

One thing you never do in the NBA is verbally commit to a team when negotiations are coming up

Yeah. Discounts? That doesn’t happen for guys who enter FA when he does. He’ll be requesting max money or damn near close to it if he’s worth that much come his RFA.

There’s only been three types of discounts
1. End of the career trying to win a title.
2. Role players who take less for situation they play more.
3. Once in a lifetime team up (LeBron in MIA, KD trying to keep an entire team together)

Lonzo isn’t going to be giving discounts. That’s just wishful thinking.

Steph could've took a 1 year QO and hit unrestricted free agency but nobody does that when real guaranteed money is available.

The fact of the matter is this: If Lonzo is good enough, he'll be a Lakers for 8 more seasons before he hits UFA.

If he isn't good enough for that, then the Lakers ****ed up. He's not taking a QO if a max extension is presented. Brothers or not.

That’s the point. Ol’ boy back there was talking in absolutes and sound ridiculous just making up stuff.

Lets not assume Lonzo will be a max player when he’s up for his next contract. He’s got a lotta work ahead of him.

Of course he has a lot of work left, but if he's not a max player at extension time it was a bad pick.

Im petty sure DSJr and Mitchell will both get max extensions when it's time.

DV3spfQVAAEbPbf.jpg

You've been warned :pimp:

IMG_6609.JPG
I'm hella excited for TB, man. His shot chart in the G-League is extremely impressive. He has a way to go on defense, but the fact that he's only 20 gives me high hopes for his future.

2017 draft class gunna go down as the GOAT.

I’m starting to realize Lonzo may be cut from a different cloth (and not in a good way)

First he lost points by saying Lebron is his GOAT, or best player ever or some ****

Then he took a month or so off to finish up his album, knocked up his girl etc

Lakers seem to be flourishing without him

idk

jimmy butler did
i think kirk cousins did too and in a sport where money is even less guaranteed

No, Jimmy Butler didn't. Initially he wanted a short term deal but he came to his senses and signed a 5 year, 95 million dollar extension. You put 100 million guaranteed dollars in front of a man's face and he would be a fool to leave it on the table. People's careers end in 1 year, 1 injury is all it takes. You don't pass up on guaranteed max extensions, no matter how much you dislike a situation. You can always just ***** and force a trade if worst comes to worst.

Kirk Cousins is a different case in a different sport. Washington has been low balling him for years. He knew he was worth more money than whatever Washington was offering, that's why they never came to an agreement and Kirk got franchised for 2 years in a row. Now he's gunna sign the largest contract in NFL history this offseason.

Back
Top Bottom