**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Bogut started when brook got hurt. That is inexplicable. It took a team meeting with Ingram saying 'we hope the coaches listened to us' before Randle FINALLY started on December 29. Randle/Lopez had been the best lineup all year and Luke went out of his way to play them the least minutes. It made no damn sense. Randle out played Nance in preseason, Luke acknowledged this but said he was starting nance anyway because he was a 'better fit' despite the team clearly needing more offense and digging themselves into holes to start every game. Once he fixed this the team has gone on its best stretch of the season regardless of who else has been in and out of the rotation. It was a glaring oversight and I have no idea what the hell Luke was thinking but I'm glad he finally got it right

the 1st point: you REALLY think that if Ennis was still playing backup point we be 16-7??? That's crazy to me.

The 2nd point: how much better do you think players can get in a month? What changed from December to January that BI suddenly knows how to play point? Nothing. They probably had like 3-4 practice days TOPS. Between travel, days off and actual game, there's isn't much time for practice during the regular season. There isn't much time for people to magically learn new things. I'm not saying they don't get better throughout the season, I'm saying the difference wasn't enough to make an impact.

I bet if you asked Luke, he would've gone back and started Ingram/JC/Hart/Kuzma/Randle during those few road games where KCP couldn't play and Lonzo was hurt.

For the games in cali, I bet he would've started BI/KCP/Hart/Randle/Lopez or start Kuzma/Randle at 4/5 if Lopez was hurt.

We're obviously a better team when Ennis isn't playing. If you don't agree with that we have nothing more to talk about.

Bogut wasn't starting on the 29th tho. He started the game before, and Randle didn't start that game.

the 1st point: you REALLY think that if Ennis was still playing backup point we be 16-7??? That's crazy to me.

The 2nd point: how much better do you think players can get in a month? What changed from December to January that BI suddenly knows how to play point? Nothing. They probably had like 3-4 practice days TOPS. Between travel, days off and actual game, there's isn't much time for practice during the regular season. There isn't much time for people to magically learn new things. I'm not saying they don't get better throughout the season, I'm saying the difference wasn't enough to make an impact.

I bet if you asked Luke, he would've gone back and started Ingram/JC/Hart/Kuzma/Randle during those few road games where KCP couldn't play and Lonzo was hurt.

For the games in cali, I bet he would've started BI/KCP/Hart/Randle/Lopez or start Kuzma/Randle at 4/5 if Lopez was hurt.

We're obviously a better team when Ennis isn't playing. If you don't agree with that we have nothing more to talk about.

Ennis played because THREE guys were out.

He isn't and wasn't playing big minutes when the roster has been full.

He is like 12th in minutes this season. :lol:

Huh? I said Randle didn't get a start until the 29th

You said Bogut was starting when Brooke got hurt, but he wasn't that night or thereafter.

The double OT vs Houston on 12/31 was even worse with no Zo or KCP.

Randle broke into the lineup for Bogut, after Brooke got dinged.

So if you could back in time, you'd start Ennis/KCP/BI or Ennis/Hart/BI at 1-3 but not BI/JC/Hart or BI/Hart/KCP at 1-3?

What about when Lonzo was healthy, you still wouldn't use BI as the backup point in those instances? You'd be ok with Caruso/Ennis as the backup and BI as strictly a 3?

Luke obviously doesn't agree with that.

Last edited:
You said Bogut was starting when Brooke got hurt, but he wasn't that night or thereafter.

The double OT vs Houston on 12/31 was even worse with no Zo or KCP.

Randle broke into the lineup for Bogut, after Brooke got dinged.

????????

I said bogut started when brook got hurt. Brook gets hurt. Bogut starts 5 straight games. Then Randle finally starts. Bogut appears in 3 more games and then gets cut. When you go from starter to unemployed with a guy like Randle sitting right there, that's clearly a huge mistake. There's no other explanation for that. I won't even read it

So if you could back in time, you'd start Ennis/KCP/BI or Ennis/Hart/BI at 1-3 but not BI/JC/Hart or BI/Hart/KCP at 1-3?

What about when Lonzo was healthy, you still wouldn't use BI as the backup point in those instances? You'd be ok with Caruso/Ennis as the backup and BI as strictly a 3?

Luke obviously doesn't agree with that.

Man, I don't even care anymore. You guys are gonna ride on rotations all ****in year, I don't care. I was down with Luke from day 1, and mocked for it. Phil jokes, his dad jokes, coaching in GSW jokes, Lute, etc etc. But people wanted him FIRED, in November.

No. Vember. :lol:

Why? Cuz rotations. And I don't mean Ennis and Brewer.

His top 10 players in minutes are Zo, BI, Randle, Hart, Kuz, Brooke, KCP, Nance, Clarkson, and now IT.

That's a 9 man rotation pre trade. Brew and Ennis got fill-in minutes, same as Zu, Deng for a game, Caruso etc.

Luke and the kids are ballin, you guys go'head and count minutes or timeouts or whatever other stupid **** y'all want.

I just want continued growth and PG, y'all can have the rest.

I'm down for a modified version of the plan where we sign PG and re-sign Randle to a reasonable contract (4 years/48 mil). We show progress next season and next off-season we move Deng as an expiring contract and then sign another big-name FA.

I'm down for a modified version of the plan where we sign PG and re-sign Randle to a reasonable contract (4 years/48 mil). We show progress next season and next off-season we move Deng as an expiring contract and then sign another big-name FA.

Like Anthony Davis 2020

I agree with you CP, anybody that wanted Luke fired was outta line. It's good to see him grow with the players and lead us to the promised land.

Like Anthony Davis 2020

Not enough money to sign Unibrow in 2020.

BI = 25 mil (or 26 mil cap hold)
PG = 30 mil
Randle = 12 mil (conservative... that is his cap hold)
Lonzo = 11 mil
Kuzma + Hart = 7.1 mil

That's 85 million on 6 players, not even taking into account Zubac/Bryant/2018 Cleveland 1st rounder/ 2019 1st rounder / 2020 1st rounder / any 2nd round picks.

You're gunna have to trade for Unibrow if you want him. It's gunna have to be a Kevin Garnett, CP3, Paul George, Boogie type thing where Unibrow forces a trade and his trade value plummets and we'd have to give up some combination of Randle, Kuzma, Hart, Zubac/Bryant or any more assets/future picks.

But we're talking about Anthony Davis here. I like the Lakers' assets as much as the next guy, but if a player of that caliber becomes available for cheap, you do whatever you can to get him. Let's not be like Celtics fans where we thing Unibrow isn't worth trading Jayson ****ing Tatum.

Last edited:
Yeah I was being conservative to show that there is no way we have enough to outright sign Unibrow in 2020 even if we get Julius on a cheap deal.

Lonzo and BI are making $15 mil combined next year, that's why getting 2 max free agents while we can now is such a big deal. It's damn near the only time we'll ever be able to sign em without trading anything.

We'll see what happens though, RFAs USUALLY don't get paid like that and there's not a lot of money available in free agency this year. Randle is playing himself into a big bag though, but again, we'll just have to see how it plays out.

Still not a believer in Puke like has been started already he was doing a lot of dumb **** earlier in the season that cost us. But most of it has been rectified now. I think he'll end up being the Mark Jackson/Jason Kidd type though that won't get us over the hump ultimately.

Great win though tonight even though I couldn't watch.

Not enough money to sign Unibrow in 2020.

BI = 25 mil (or 26 mil cap hold)
PG = 30 mil
Randle = 12 mil (conservative... that is his cap hold)
Lonzo = 11 mil
Kuzma + Hart = 7.1 mil

That's 85 million on 6 players, not even taking into account Zubac/Bryant/2018 Cleveland 1st rounder/ 2019 1st rounder / 2020 1st rounder / any 2nd round picks.

You're gunna have to trade for Unibrow if you want him. It's gunna have to be a Kevin Garnett, CP3, Paul George, Boogie type thing where Unibrow forces a trade and his trade value plummets and we'd have to give up some combination of Randle, Kuzma, Hart, Zubac/Bryant or any more assets/future picks.

But we're talking about Anthony Davis here. I like the Lakers' assets as much as the next guy, but if a player of that caliber becomes available for cheap, you do whatever you can to get him. Let's not be like Celtics fans where we thing Unibrow isn't worth trading Jayson ****ing Tatum.

Adding to this, the chances of signing PG this season, and then signing Klay/Leonard in 2019 is slim.
Let's say we sign PG, resign Randle and use the rest of the money on a 1 year contracts this offseason

Going into 2019 the salary cap is projected at 108 million:
George = 31.8 mil
Ingram = 10.5 mil
Lonzo = 8.7 mil
Kuzma = 2 mil
Hart = 1.9 mil
2018 Cleveland 1st rounder + 2019 Lakers 1st rounder = lets say 5 mil combined
This equals approx 60 million.

In addition, you'd have to renounce both Zubac & Bryant due to their cap holds (Zubac = 4.6 mil cap hold , Bryant = 4.2 mil cap hold).
I didn't even take into account the 2018 & 2019 2nd round picks either.

So thats 48 million left over.
Stretch Deng in 2019 and it would equal = 6.2 million

Thats 41.8 million left.
You'd have to fit Kawhi at 30.3 million and Julius at 11.5 million or under.

That does not look very likely. There is a chance to make it all work if we get Julius for cheap.
But again, the most likely scenario is signing PG this offseason and making a trade happen if you really want a future max player.

Last edited:
I’m interested in the market for Julius. Just because of cap space isn’t aboundant in the NBA this summer.

Attended the game tonight. Quite an experience. The talent in the AAA arena is like no other, and I’m not referring to the court

Props to the Lakers fans in Miami, we were in full effect tonight. At least 35% lakers fans in attendance. The “Kuz” chant was heard after every one of his buckets. Even had a “Let’s go Lakers Chant” towards the end.

Randles physicality really stands out live. The human equivalent to a freight train driving down the lane. He’s literally relentless when motivated. U could see his defenders gradually wearing down throughout the first half

IT caught absolute fire. Even banked one in. Used both hands around the rim too. Best game I’ve seen him play as a laker

Great game to see live

My slime IT klutch with those free throws
Bench been trash but IT is good in that role tbh

Honestly ready to give Don Julio a bag for one year. Same with IT. And then get PG13.

Then in 2020 let both those *****s go and get Kawhi
Y'all got me hot

this was all my idea.. yet dude post the same exact thing a week later and gets 5 likes while I got none. Y'all play too much

In related news... Lonzo shoots 5% better from 3 than Dangelo Russell.. yet Lonzo can't shoot and dangelo the next James harden or steph... lmao

Back
Top Bottom