**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

We can still win without BI especially if LMA isnt going to play or be limited. Ball has to score a little more then usual

Randle never improved something something.
DXT3RgFU0AEtwFK.jpg

Zach Lowe shaded Randle pretty hard in his latest article:

5. Julius Randle, trucking you
I get it: The climate atop Julius Randle Hill isn't for everyone. His bricky outside shooting has somehow regressed -- he has hit 19 percent of long 2-pointers -- and his rim protection is spotty. The Lakers haven't been appreciably better with Randle on the floor, though the Randle-Brook Lopez combo has been solid now across two starting lineups.

Even Randle's rollicking, Earl Campbell drives aren't as productive as highlights make it seem. The Lakers have scored just 1.02 points per possession when Randle drives, 207th among 278 guys who have recorded at least 50 drives, per Second Spectrum. (The numbers barely budge if you isolate Randle's shots, or drive-and-kick attempts from teammates one pass away.) He has gotten a little greedy; Randle has passed on only 15 percent of drives, one of the lowest figures in the league. He is making the wrong play a lot, and costing the Lakers points. Randle is a good passer, even at full throttle. He should pass more!

Without a jump shot or a fearsome wingspan, Randle is something of an NBA antique. He might top out now as an elite backup center. He can be more if he balances his game, and hones his jumper and hoops IQ at least a little.

On a more basic level, you have to appreciate Randle's old-school, shoulder-blocking physicality. The guy just plows right through people.

That is Karl-Anthony Towns! Randle almost seems to delight in the presence of a large human obstacle near the basket. He hits bigger guys in the gut, shrinks them low, and finishes over them:

A lot of defenders aren't prepared for this level of violence. It rattles them. Randle has a little of Charles Barkley and Karl Malone in his game that way.

A full 55 percent of Randle's shots have come within the restricted area, and he has hit almost 75 percent of them. That is almost LeBronian. If Randle can't be a modern NBA big, at least he's fun.

I'll admit that Randle does need a jumper as an other option when he catches to ball in triple threat position. He defaults to bullying guys but a mid-range jumper (a la the Tim Duncan bank shot) would open up his game alot.

Is it just me or are most of these basketball writers always extremely low on all the Lakers Prospects?

They are.

Part of it is it the Lakers haven't been good for 5 years. They're paid to watch NBA but they mainly focus on the good teams. I doubt they're out there breaking down Laker rookies watching every game like we are. The 2nd part is the Lakers fan base is the most rabid in the league. In this era, every thing is about getting clicks. The media knows making the Lakers fan base mad, is gunna get their fan base annoyed and it's gunna get the media's articles more clicks and discussion. It's the Donald Trump effect lol.

Take this for example:

Nate Duncan and his homie Danny Lareux had a podcast on the best young cores in the NBA. These were their rankings:

Danny Leroux:
Sixers
Celtics
Bucks
Nuggets
Wolves
Jazz
Pacers
Lakers

Nate Duncan:
Celtics
Sixers
Bucks
Wolves
Nuggets
Jazz
Pacers
Lakers

I mean what the **** is that.

Is it just me or are most of these basketball writers always extremely low on all the Lakers Prospects?

He's an analytics heavy guy so thats definitely his point of view. My opinion has always been that analytics, like the eye-test, are a tool to use when assessing players. Some people look at only the analytics and some guys only look at what they can see with their eyes. The eye test can lie to you just as easily as the numbers can. The numbers tell you that we're not any better with him on the court but if you watch the games you'll see how impactful he is.

Its crazy that analytics say that a player (Randle) whose shooting 60% from the field and has a 20 PER isn't making his team better. Sometimes I don't understand these analytics.

This summer will be crazy as usual.

Difference for us is we got a ton of cap space, an improving young team coming off a solid season of growth, and a huge decision on Randle and IT. Damn I’m nervous already.

They are.

Part of it is it the Lakers haven't been good for 5 years. They're paid to watch NBA but they mainly focus on the good teams. I doubt they're out there breaking down Laker rookies watching every game like we are. The 2nd part is the Lakers fan base is the most rabid in the league. In this era, every thing is about getting clicks. The media knows making the Lakers fan base mad, is gunna get their fan base annoyed and it's gunna get the media's articles more clicks and discussion. It's the Donald Trump effect lol.

Take this for example:

Nate Duncan and his homie Danny Lareux had a podcast on the best young cores in the NBA. These were their rankings:

Danny Leroux:
Sixers
Celtics
Bucks
Nuggets
Wolves
Jazz
Pacers
Lakers

Nate Duncan:
Celtics
Sixers
Bucks
Wolves
Nuggets
Jazz
Pacers
Lakers

I mean what the **** is that.

they are the EXACT guys who sparked off this thought, they did a list of top 10 prospects in the NBA ( Mind you I don't think they were including guys over the age of 23-24) So they didn't include any Of the Lakers Guys Okay cool, But they then went on to name a secondary list of players & had No mention of any Lakers. They mentioned Warren From Phoenix over B.I. list was egregious

I’d gamble on him in a heartbeat if he wants to sign a 1 + 1.

Highly unlikely, but let’s see how his situation in NO plays out

Back
Top Bottom