**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Woah. Kawhi tryna force his way here? San Antonio losing all leverage....

78D60359-0216-4713-BADE-1A881FD37339.gif

I am all for giving Randle and Capela a bag and going to war. The bring KL home discussion I was bringing up earlier was food for thought not saying I want it to happen just a scenario that MAY be possible.

We'd go down as the worst shooting team ever. You can't play Randle and Capela together. The beauty of Capela in Houston is that he plays with 4 other players who can shoot so all he needs to do is be a good rim runner.

Woah. Kawhi tryna force his way here? San Antonio losing all leverage....

78D60359-0216-4713-BADE-1A881FD37339.gif

I don't know what do make of it just yet, It could be another situation where a player is using the Lakers to gain leverage and sign with their current team. It's happened a dozen times before.

Kawhi doesn't really need leverage tho. If he's healthy, Spurs offer the DPE.

The last star to say this is PG and there's still a really good chance he comes here.

Unless Pop can mend that relationship a la LMA, Kawhi is gone this summer and his back channel comments to other GMs (via his agent) might scare them away from making an offer. We should give them the Cousins special....Hart, Zu and 2 picks lol

Lavar and Kawhi’s Uncle :rofl:

Randle excels next to someone who can space the floor

Also, if i'm the Lakers I don't offer **** for Kawhi except Deng and whatever else picks you want.

he's getting a max regardless of where he is. he doesn't need to leverage anything :lol:

The Spurs can offer him the supermax though (5 year/210m) and other teams can only offer the regular max. He might be trying to force the Spurs into giving him that additional money or he'll walk.

The Spurs can offer him the supermax though (5 year/210m) and other teams can only offer the regular max. He might be trying to force the Spurs into giving him that additional money or he'll walk.

The difference between the regular and super max can be mitigated with endorsements & being in a larger market which is also one of the issues Kawhi is having now as dealing with his shoe deal. If he's traded this summer he can sign a 5 year extension with his new squad anywhere between 180-190 million.

considering how bad things are between him and the spurs right now, do you really think theyd take the chance of pissing him off more and not offering the supermax???

considering how bad things are between him and the spurs right now, do you really think theyd take the chance of pissing him off more and not offering the supermax???

Who knows, I'm leaning towards yes, but this is the same franchise that's known for asking their stars to take less. And also the Spurs have basically been on a smear campaign to paint Kawhi out as the bad guy in this situation. If he declines it though even if they offer it to him, that's when all hell will break loose.

Smh. At least it says they're reluctant to give up Ingram/Kuz. Maybe able to low ball them with the injury as well as him saying he won't sign elsewhere

Back
Top Bottom