**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

So what y'all thought his pops was just leaving and not gunna say **** when Zo got drafted?

The Lakers knew what they were getting into. Why are we acting surprised that Lavar is speaking out now?

A lot of times you think you can change someone or make them dial it back a bit. Or maybe they thought Zo was so good that he was worth it regardless of his pops’ antics.

But now Lavar can potentially impact free agents with his negative comments on Paul George not being the player he was pre injury, his talk about having all Ball boys on the Lakers or Zo will leave, his comments about Lebron having to come to LA if he wants to say he’s the GOAT, his criticism about Luke.....etc etc

So what y'all thought his pops was just leaving and not gunna say **** when Zo got drafted?

The Lakers knew what they were getting into. Why are we acting surprised that Lavar is speaking out now?

It's because he's still running his mouth. At first maybe it was, "alright, he just trying to get his sons put on, once Zo is drafted he's sit tight somewhere" but more and more, it seems like he's interested in the Lavar brand more than his sons flourishing.

Look, I’m as critical about lonzos extra curricular activities as anyone. And this is coming from someone who bumps his music on the daily

But dude is a transcendent player. Jason Kidd 2.0 with the chance for a better shot

I’m not trading him or BI.

And lavar is a business man and I respect his hustle. The **** he says bothers me but we gotta tune it out and understand he talkin gwanin wassy just to make money.

So with that being said. Let’s not **** up the plan we waited years for. Don’t trade any of the young assets and we good

Reactions: DLF
Only trading Zo or BI is for Kawhi or a superstar level talent. They won't be in a D'lo type salary dump.

BI, Zo, Kuz and Hart are all rotation level players on rookie deals for the next 2-3 years. That's incredibly valuable.

45 percent from the free throw line and he has time for rap videos and diss tracks with kuzma... these kids are corny and it's becoming a clown show really quick. Free agents will be taking into consideration how immature they are smh

Honestly, my biggest concern with Lonzo is that he's a historically low percentage shooter and free throw shooter. You add this with the fact that he's not as super explosive athlete and already has issues finishing at th rim, I can see him being completely neutralized in a playoff series.

Push comes to shove, teams can just hack-a-shaq him in close games. For him to truly reach his potential he must AT LEAST be a league-average shooter, finisher and free-throw shooter.

Honestly, my biggest concern with Lonzo is that he's a historically low percentage shooter and free throw shooter. You add this with the fact that he's not as super explosive athlete and already has issues finishing at th rim, I can see him being completely neutralized in a playoff series.

Push comes to shove, teams can just hack-a-shaq him in close games. For him to truly reach his potential he must AT LEAST be a league-average shooter, finisher and free-throw shooter.
He will be fine. Only 20 and already averaging 10-6-7.

I don’t think Pop would take back Zo and have to deal with Lavar, so imo we would have to include BI, Kuz and picks to get Kawhi, if not more ie Hart too.

If the FO is fed up with Lavar this summer and wants to move Deng, I think they’d look into a Zo+Deng package, especially if Lebron says he wants CP3 here

But remember when everyone said Swaggy and JC’s numbers meant nothing cuz they were on bad teams? So why do Zo’s stats have any value on a 35-win 11 seed?
We were a pretty good team when everyone was healthy.

Comparing Zo to the black holes Clarkson and Nick is pretty ridiculous.

He has to shoot better, but he's already more valuable than both of them.

But remember when everyone said Swaggy and JC’s numbers meant nothing cuz they were on bad teams? So why do Zo’s stats have any value on a 35-win 11 seed?
Our 35 win season was our best season in 5 years actually. And considering Lonzo was a rookie last year...that's a good sign no?

Obviously not comparing them as players, just wondering how valuable his stats are. He played 50 games, does anyone know his record in games he played?

Guys, just change the channel when Lavar is on TV.

I'm not concerned about what we as fans think.

You would be foolish to think that players and other front offices aren't watching Lavar and his antics though. They're watching, they're listening, and they rather not deal with it.

I'm not concerned about what we as fans think.

You would be foolish to think that players and other front offices aren't watching Lavar and his antics though. They're watching, they're listening, and they rather not deal with it.
I get that but what I'm saying is there's a simple solution to Lavar. Dudes in the front office are making it a bigger problem than it needs to be.

I get that but what I'm saying is there's a simple solution to Lavar. Dudes in the front office are making it a bigger problem than it needs to be.

Perception is reality and if potential free agents and other teams front offices perceive Lavar to be a problem, then he's a problem.

Out of the over 400 NBA players, how many parents are on TV blabbing on about how their son's team needs to sign there other sons or that potential free agents are 'damaged goods'?

Back
Top Bottom