**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

tenor.gif

How much weight does LaVars words really hold though.

He’s like the drunk uncle in your family who just says stuff for shock value at this point. He has no impact on the Lakers personnel moves and I doubt the players take him seriously enough to have him impact their signing decisions either way.

If it ever got to the point where it was hindering them making moves and pushing players away or negatively impacting locker room camaraderie the “shut up or we’re trading your son” ultimatum would’ve happened by now.

How much weight does LaVars words really hold though.

He’s like the drunk uncle in your family who just says stuff for shock value at this point. He has no impact on the Lakers personnel moves and I doubt the players take him seriously enough to have him impact their signing decisions either way.

If it ever got to the point where it was hindering them making moves and pushing players away or negatively impacting locker room camaraderie the “shut up or we’re trading your son” ultimatum would’ve happened by now.

His word holds no weight, that's not the point though. It's the fact that he's making outlandish statements enjoying media attention to himself.

Also, why would other teams want to deal with this BS? He's hurting his own trade value lol

But remember when everyone said Swaggy and JC’s numbers meant nothing cuz they were on bad teams? So why do Zo’s stats have any value on a 35-win 11 seed?
First of all Swaggy and JC are straight BUMS.

I think they have value because theoretically, thats his performance floor.

He can only get better right?

The learning curve for an NBA pg is STEEP. Probably steeper than any other position and this kid comes out averging 7 dimes and 7 boards? If I'm Lakers management, of course you want to see significant improvement.

But they can't be mad at 10, 7 and 7. There is value in that as a starting point.

I think they have value because theoretically, thats his performance floor.

He can only get better right?

The learning curve for an NBA pg is STEEP. Probably steeper than any other position and this kid comes out averging 7 dimes and 7 boards? If I'm Lakers management, of course you want to see significant improvement.

But they can't be mad at 10, 7 and 7. There is value in that as a starting point.

Agreed. He’s be at 15 PPG if he was a good FT shooter and 45% on FGs.

It’s still a distraction

Players in that locker room will get tired of it and Zo will have to answer for his pops words

Last year it was him saying Luke lost the team, it will be drastically different if/when he starts naming names

It’s still a distraction

Players in that locker room will get tired of it and Zo will have to answer for his pops words

Last year it was him saying Luke lost the team, it will be drastically different if/when he starts naming names

Lavar said that Luke lost the team.

Ramona Shelbourne tried to make it a bigger story than it was.

Magic came out and supported Luke.

Rob did the same.

The players didn't blink. It didn't bother them.

Lavar's total impact up to this point? Negligible.

That's not to say that he won't have guys thinking twice in free agency. But up until now, rumor's of Lavars clout have been greatly exaggerated by Shelbourne and others reaching for glory at ESPN.

Guys, just change the channel when Lavar is on TV.
thats not the point guy

do you understand how embarrassing this is for the franchise and the players?

they have told him to shut the **** up already but clearly he hasnt taken managements warning seriously.

i would not be surprised if they end up trading zo because of lavar.

its pretty sad at this point but thats the way things work.

LaVar will tolerable as long as Lonzo is considered worth the LaVar theatrics that come with him.

None of us are in that locker but if his teammates are cool with him, that’s all that matters. When it gets to the point he’s impacting them, that’s when it becomes a problem.

Within all of this though is at what point does Lonzo distance himself from the LaVar stuff and become his own man. I get it. He’s a 20 year old kid who has been extremely sheltered by LaVar. Expecting him to step out of that initially is unrealistic. But as his career grows and he gets older, at some point I’d assume he’s not going to want everything LaVar says to be tied to him as if LaVar is his personal mouth piece.

Lavar said that Luke lost the team.

Ramona Shelbourne tried to make it a bigger story than it was.

Magic came out and supported Luke.

Rob did the same.

The players didn't blink. It didn't bother them.

Lavar's total impact up to this point? Negligible.

That's not to say that he won't have guys thinking twice in free agency. But up until now, rumor's of Lavars clout have been greatly exaggerated by Shelbourne and others reaching for glory at ESPN.
it was never about lavars clout

players have been traded away for lesser distractions

lavar saying that kuzma, randle, and ingram all had their best season solely based on playing with lonzo is so disrespectful. completely ignoring player development and work ethic, but w.e.

it was never about lavars clout

players have been traded away for lesser distractions

Look at iverson at the end of his career, Terrell Owens etc when they were still more than capable of contributing but teams didn’t want the distraction.

They weren’t the superstars they once were and that was more than enough to steer teams away from signing them despite still having something to contribute while guys like Derek Fisher were getting looks even when they were washed up.

Distractions are only tolerated while said person is worth the distraction.

It's a distraction because they're letting him be a distraction. It's literally as simple as changing the channel.

Lavar just did Whitlock and he went on Cowherd
One of the many provocative things he said was:

Lonzo makes everyone better. You don't hear about TJ Leaf or any of those UCLA guys anymore because they're not much without Zo. Randle had a good year because of Zo, no one knew Kuzma at Utah until he played with Zo, Ingram had a good year because he played with Zo

Like, he literally just said this. If you don't think these comments bother people in the FO, players in the locker room and pending free agents....you're in la la land.

I’m pretty sure it does bother the FO. Players probably not as much. When someone has a habit of constantly saying dumb stuff, their words lose some weight.

Right now the team views his upside as being worth the LaVar theatrics. If he doesn’t show the progress the organization is expecting, they’ll have a different response to him.

If a lower tier players father was saying stuff LaVar said they would cut or trade him since the hassle isn’t worth it.

It's a distraction because they're letting him be a distraction. It's literally as simple as changing the channel.

It’s simple for us
But like I said previously , we’re not in that locker room
It’s all fun and jokes until things get testy during a practice and someone gets mirotic’d

Back
Top Bottom