**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

bamjeanieTW.gif

So somehow trade deng with the 25th pick.

79 mill on cap space

Lebron "Train Wreck" James 35 mill
Kevin "Thunderstruck" Durant 35 mill

DREAMS.

Lonzo better play in Summer league

No he's already said he's not an honestly he shouldn't. He just his prp shots and he won MVP of that league last year, that level of competition won't really help his game.

He needs to be in the gym lifting and working on his jumper, not destroying future G league players

Reactions: God
So somehow trade deng with the 25th pick.

79 mill on cap space

Lebron "Train Wreck" James 35 mill
Kevin "Thunderstruck" Durant 35 mill

DREAMS.

I've been holding onto this dream for months bruh. I was so hurt when CP3 blew his hammy cuz I really thought KD would bounce if that happened.

I'm glad Warriors management and Bob Fitzgerald keep cracking jokes on KD. They obviously don't respect bruh. He needs to come over here and get appreciated like he should be. I'll hold onto this dream until KD officially signs.

I've been holding onto this dream for months bruh. I was so hurt when CP3 blew his hammy cuz I really thought KD would bounce if that happened.

I'm glad Warriors management and Bob Fitzgerald keep cracking jokes on KD. They obviously don't respect bruh. He needs to come over here and get appreciated like he should be. I'll hold onto this dream until KD officially signs.

he'd be less appreciated than lebron

What would hurt more- paying Deng 3.5 mil over 11 years or losing 3 or 4 assets just to get rid of him?

We're most likely gonna be capped out for the next 3-4 years and the cap will continue to rise so that 3.5 might not hurt that bad.

I'm thinking we extend and stretch him.

What would hurt more- paying Deng 3.5 mil over 11 years or losing 3 or 4 assets just to get rid of him?

We're most likely gonna be capped out for the next 3-4 years and the cap will continue to rise so that 3.5 might not hurt that bad.

I'm thinking we extend and stretch him.

No player assets. If it's picks and we're going to be top 4 in the west at minimum then they won't matter as much.

Why not just keep him for a year then trade him as an expiring contract? This is what I'm leaning toward more and more. Unless the trade is just consists solely of picks I say we just hold onto him. We're potentially giving up a good young piece or stretching his contract out for a decade over just keeping him for a season. Next summer his contract is an asset and will be very easy to move.

the idea of seeing Loul Deng's name on the books until 2028 is :sick::sick::sick:

I'm going off the premise that we're trying to sign 2 max guys and keep Randle.

Only way to do that is to move Deng now.

3.5 for 11 years seem crazy but as the cap goes up I don't know if it's that big of a deal.

That's
I'm going off the premise that we're trying to sign 2 max guys and keep Randle.

Only way to do that is to move Deng now.

3.5 for 11 years seem crazy but as the cap goes up I don't know if it's that big of a deal.

You might be right. The next CBA might even have the old amnesty provision from the old CBA

69. What is the Amnesty provision?
Amnesty was a component of the 2005 and 2011 CBAs that allowed teams to release one player via the waiver process (see question number 64) and remove him from their team salary and luxury tax computations. The Amnesty provision does not exist in the current agreement.

This was probably said after the Nash trade :lol:

This is what I'm saying though. During the Lakers hayday we were so haphazard about draft picks. He pretty much always traded away first round picks because we thought we'd be in the playoffs forever. Nobody was even thinking about that first round pick when the Steve Nash trade went down, it was a complete after thought because everyone thought "Dwight, Kobe, Pau, Metta and Nash are gonna be in the Finals every year!"

We can't get Lebron and PG without at the very least stretching him. Getting rid of his salary altogether opens the door to keep Juju as well.
Don't think you have to get rid of it altogether, just down to around 3-4 mill.

Also, you're probably not dumping Deng for nothing in return. You have to take some salary back so you're not really getting rid of his salary all together. Then you still have to stretch whatever player you take back and have him on the books for 3+ years.

So basically do you keep 3 or 4 draft assets for the extra 7 years of paying Deng?

Don't think you have to get rid of it altogether, just down to around 3-4 mill.

Also, you're probably not dumping Deng for nothing in return. You have to take some salary back so you're not really getting rid of his salary all together. Then you still have to stretch whatever player you take back and have him on the books for 3+ years.

So basically do you keep 3 or 4 draft assets for the extra 7 years of paying Deng?

Stretching Deng is the only way to create enough space to sign both Bron and PG at their max salaries, in doing so we'd have to renounce all our free agents and let Juju go.

The only way to possibly retain Juju is to get rid of Deng's salary completely. These are the facts.

#25, future 1st and maybe Zu + cash

Stretching Deng is the only way to create enough space to sign both Bron and PG at their max salaries, in doing so we'd have to renounce all our free agents and let Juju go.

The only way to possibly retain Juju is to get rid of Deng's salary completely. These are the facts.

#25, future 1st and maybe Zu + cash
Yup, you're right. Unless Bron and PG take like 1.5 less or waive Zu and Bryant which defeats the purpose.

Well, it's still gonna be difficult to find a team to take Deng without anything in return.

They're gonna have to get creative.

Back
Top Bottom