**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

The sad part is that I don't even like watching this team play. We sucked last season but at least I liked watching us play. Juju was doing his thing, we were moving the ball, and playing an exciting brand of basketball. Yeah we had a ton of bad losses but it was fun. This team looks like they don't wanna play with each other. We look like a bunch of players waiting to get traded

At what point do we look internally and say that that Lakers, as an organization, can't develop young players? So many of the young guys who've left are flourishing elsewhere. Maybe its us?

To me it just seems that either these players don't respond to the ways that Luke holds them accountable, or he doesn't hold them accountable at all. Way too many times have they come out flat, no effort against lower tier teams. Hell, we lost to the Knicks and now the Cavs, both at home. FT's are a different story, I don't know how they are this God awful at them.

Lakers score their total points in 99 possesions against this Cavs team that is last in Points allowed per game. Not sure if its Walton or BI or the shooting, but some changes have to be made. This lost was completely unacceptable.

The sad part is that I don't even like watching this team play. We sucked last season but at least I liked watching us play. Juju was doing his thing, we were moving the ball, and playing an exciting brand of basketball. Yeah we had a ton of bad losses but it was fun. This team looks like they don't wanna play with each other. We look like a bunch of players waiting to get traded
I hate to admit I am in the same boat, bought the full season league pass. Saw the alert pop up on my phone for the game last night. I dismissed and stayed watching Housewives of Atlanta with the wife. Dudes just making the same mistakes over and over, with no growth. Hart will still foul a 3 point shooter, Ingram will continue to drive to the basket weak, Kuz will continue to shoot 3's if he is missing, and Ball will continue to not attack the basket and badly airball 3's.
To be fair, most of the Laker fans I know were against the Paul George trade because they thought he was gonna come here on his own.
I was against the trade for that very reason, dude said he wants to come why trade for him. However could you imagine Russ and Ingram, as many times as he has failed I think Donavan is a better coach than Luke.

Zo is getting numbers, more or less

I don’t see the leadership on the floor

Remember when he said “Magic told me he needs a leader at the PG position and that’s what I am “?

Just not seeing him lead the young players out there with LeBrondo out. I expected him to really grab a hold of this team and lead them to some dubs especially against cellar dweller teams

Seeing Kuz in a Nike ad and Hart in a Chipotle ad makes me think these kids went "Hollywood" and need to spend more time in the gym.
Did I do it right?
I don't have a problem with guys getting money, especially the way Hart was balling in the summer league. I would rather Kuz doing commercials than Ingram. Perhaps Pop is on to something with not letting guys do commercials in San Antonio, at least not national commercials. I remember seeing early David Robinson commercials and one Buick commercial with Duncan, it ran after the playoffs I believe.
At what point do we look internally and say that that Lakers, as an organization, can't develop young players? So many of the young guys who've left are flourishing elsewhere. Maybe its us?
I don't know if we can blame it on the organization since Magic and Rob are new, Lakers coaching staff can't seem to develop players.

I sided with the young core early this season, saying they need time to gel.

But I can admit when I see bad basketball. These ****** are trash. No defensive scheme, offense is all over the place, cant hit free throws. They look like a pickup squad at LA Fitness.

Hmmm I wonder why that is?

To me it just seems that either these players don't respond to the ways that Luke holds them accountable, or he doesn't hold them accountable at all. Way too many times have they come out flat, no effort against lower tier teams. Hell, we lost to the Knicks and now the Cavs, both at home. FT's are a different story, I don't know how they are this God awful at them.

Lack of 'killer instinct' from the younger core tbh. They simply don't have it.

Would you have confidence in a coach that runs almost nothing but isos in the 4th quarter or consistently has OOB plays run for KCP?

Screenshot_20190114-070658_Twitter.jpg

Ok.

Hopefully he means LeBron.

Back
Top Bottom