**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Tweaking the starting lineup shouldn't be an issue. Getting Bron and Rondo back is the only tweak needed.

2 of the 3 have to be traded for AD

Hell they gon ask for all 3 tbh

That's speculation. Legitimate, but still speculation.

Zo and Holiday would be the best defensive backcourt in the league, but I really don't think Zo is going.

Pretty sure the Lakers hold onto Kuz.

Hart is showing that he can be a knockdown shooter and get to the rim so you can throw him in there.

Ingram should already be backing his bags and going on a month to month least for the crib.

But nowhere does it say that it HAS to be 2 of the 3. Maybe Stephen A Smith said this. Take that how you want to.

As long as the money works and the numbers don't kneecap the pels future flexibility, they'll seriously consider.

There's no such thing in sports today as getting equal value in a trade. It just doesn't happen very often.

The last three major trades all teams got pretty fair value. I don’t see the Pelicans hooking us up with a sweet deal like that.

Kawhi-Derozan
PG-Oladipo
Butler-Cov, Saric

That's speculation. Legitimate, but still speculation.

Zo and Holiday would be the best defensive backcourt in the league, but I really don't think Zo is going.

Pretty sure the Lakers hold onto Kuz.

Hart is showing that he can be a knockdown shooter and get to the rim so you can throw him in there.

Ingram should already be backing his bags and going on a month to month least for the crib.

But nowhere does it say that it HAS to be 2 of the 3. Maybe Stephen A Smith said this. Take that how you want to.

As long as the money works and the numbers don't kneecap the pels future flexibility, they'll seriously consider.

There's no such thing in sports today as getting equal value in a trade. It just doesn't happen very often.
2 of the 3 are gone at minimum bro

Hart and BI wouldn’t even get us an All Star

U think we gon get AD for them?

Nonsense

If AD doesn't have a desire to stay, what leverage do the pels have to demand a better deal?

Yea other teams will make offers, but the teams with the assets have draft picks that have lost value and players to offer with equal or less potential than the Lakers guys.

There's no guarantee the Pels even go the rebuild route if they trade away Davis. They could go the immediate veteran relief route for all we know.

On the other hand, if the Pels dealt away Davis to another team the Lakers should definitely investigate trading for Jrue.

EqualUnitedCats-size_restricted.gif

Y’all wylin Zo is gone this summer. We ain’t got time to tear down son’s mechanics and start fresh with his non shooting *** and mental issues. I think he’ll be a good role player for his career elsewhere but not on the Lebron clock

It's crazy to me when you ask someone what the problem with Lonzo is and they accurately point to his shooting/scoring ability.

They never talk about anything else though. Just shooting. As if that's all there is to basketball.

To player personnel people in the league, if a guy that excels at everything BUT shooting (he's an elite passer, an elite rebounding guard, a guy that is a lock for first team all defense within the next 2 seasons tops....) they're gonna tell you that they're not too worried about the trajectory of his career because shooting is something that can be corrected, improved, and for some, mastered.

Don't get me wrong it's incredibly frustrating to watch him literally airball layups and miss wide open shots that we think the majority of players with his experience should have no trouble knocking down, but the rest of his game is ahead of schedule development wise.

Can yall give Zo 1 summer, JUST ONE, where he's not recovering from knee surgery to iron out his offense?

Zo and Anthony davis' games fit EXTREMELY well together and I'm pretty sure that this isn't lost on Magic and Rob.

It’s hard finding a player that is elite at any one thing. When Zo offers 3 things he can potentially be elite in (passing, defense, rebounding (for guard)) you don’t disregard that.

It’s like a pitcher with 3 plus plus pitches. Just because he doesn’t have a ++ fastball he can still be effective. Like Greg maddux

I am not advocating getting rid of the young core. I just want to see better bball being played out there.

Ish is embarrassing at times...

It’s hard finding a player that is elite at any one thing. When Zo offers 3 things he can potentially be elite in (passing, defense, rebounding (for guard)) you don’t disregard that.

It’s like a pitcher with 3 plus plus pitches. Just because he doesn’t have a ++ fastball he can still be effective. Like Greg maddux

Shooting is hella important for a guard these days. Zo is a pitcher who is elite at fielding, running bases and hitting (for a pitcher) but can’t pitch :lol:

Putting the ball in the basket is the single most important thing in basketball. Lonzo doesn't go that well from anywhere. He's a poor shooter from three, he's a poor free throw shooter, heck, he can't even consistently make lay-ups. It's great that he's good at alot of other things but he's awful at the most important thing in the sport.

It's like a wide receiver who's fast, can run routes well, can blocks well and get separate but can't actually catch the ball.

Back
Top Bottom