**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Pelicans were banking on Boston in the summer and that is fine they can still do that, but here is the thing, this new Lakers offer has to go down for sure now.

I don't know how they do this, but if i'm the Lakers i'm sending out feelers right now to Kawhi and Klay and Kyrie asking them would they consider LA. If so they Lakers can play the ultimate hard ball and basically step away from this and say good luck with whatever team wants to rent AD for a year.

Lakers at this point if they are getting cocky, should just step out and say **** it we'll roll with our young guys this year, and see how it works. Get the Max contract in the off-season and then if they want AD they can sign and trade with the young guns they have, or just play it with Lebron + Max + Young Core (My preference).

This is a big moment for Magic and Pelinka, so far they've been pretty legit about sticking to their guns (PG and Kawhi), I hope they continue that and just trust who they drafted and that the summer will be way better time to deal

Don’t lessen nothing...

No tricks need to be played.

Unload them all.

It’s going to be a 3-way deal.... I can feel it.
Lonzo or BI will he going to that 3rd team

Yup.

I just don’t feel like the Lakers are gunna play hardball here. They should now that Boston has no leverage but this is still Unibrow we’re talking about.

I hesitate on getting rid of Zo and BI at their lowest values like Dlo but again, this is Unibrow. I would include Kuz in the trade though cuz I feel like his value is the highest right now. Makes sense to trade him.

NOP are being annoying as hell lol

trade gonna happen during Superbowl like someone said watch :lol:

Looks like Ingram made some adjustments to his shot and has increased his percentage. He doesn’t jump as high anymore and has incorporated a subtle fade similar to how Bron shoots. Here’s a thread on his new shooting form

But with the midrange shot being such a poor shot we need Brandon to start taking and hitting more 3s if he wants to ascend to the next level.

Looks like he’s starting to put it all together.. need a larger sample size of course but it’s a good start

NOP are being annoying as hell lol

trade gonna happen during Superbowl like someone said watch :lol:
If it happened then. I’m AINT watching it no mo’

Already don’t like either team in it. Pats are the pats and Rams we all know who should really be there :lol:

I’ll post my deal again....

I think the pistons are the 3rd team with Drummond going to NO, the other pieces tho idk

Attachments

• 428C1A46-8E0C-49AB-8444-514F5120C727.jpeg
    428C1A46-8E0C-49AB-8444-514F5120C727.jpeg
    293.2 KB · Views: 13
Ingram has definitely been coming along. unfortunately I don't know how well he fits with LeBron. He was playing great last night but once LeBron came in towards the beginning of the fourth quarter we just stopped feeding him.

I think that this would only be magnified if we got Anthony Davis. LeBron, Davis and Ingram all occupy similar spaces on the floor. unless Ingram can develop into a competent 3-point shooter I fear that he would just stand in the corner while LeBron and Anthony Davis dominate The midpost and the paint

BI gets the praise for a month of 19/6/4

But Kuz averaging 19/6 on the season and he’s “trash”

I’ll give BI the assists but Kuz has shown he’s improved in that area this season

Just shows the double standard I guess

Kuz has also improved on making plays for others

kuz fits with bron better and seems to have more of a willingness to learn from him

D'angelo making the All Star is a reason why i don't want to give up the farm for AD. We've obviously seen all our guys far more than anybody, and no one can convince me that Zo, Ingram and Kuz is not as talented, if not better than DLO.

D'angelo making the All Star is a reason why i don't want to give up the farm for AD. We've obviously seen all our guys far more than anybody, and no one can convince me that Zo, Ingram and Kuz is not as talented, if not better than DLO.

Until the coaching and player development charges, these guys won't reach their potential with us.

One of Zo or BI gone end up being an all star on their next squad too smh.

Anthony Davis says 'it's my time to move on' from Pelicans
play
  • i

METAIRIE, La. -- Anthony Davis said repeatedly, "I feel like it's my time," as he spoke Friday for the first time since his trade request was made public.

Six big Anthony Davis trades we'd like to see
Our experts give their best deals, featuring multiple first-round picks and young players with star potential.

"I gave the city, organization, fans everything I feel like I could," the New Orleans Pelicans star said. "I don't know how long I'm gonna play this game. People's careers are short. And I feel like it's my time to move on. ...

"I feel like I'm in my prime right now, I'm playing at an elite level. And I want to make sure I take advantage of that."

Davis, who turns 26 next month, rejected the idea that he has specifically requested a trade to the Los Angeles Lakers, saying that neither he nor his representation gave the Pelicans a specific trade destination or a timetable in which to trade him.

"So, I'm not sure where that's coming from. Maybe a connection with my representation," Davis said of agent Rich Paul, who also represents LeBron James.

The trade deadline is Thursday, but Davis remains under contract with the Pelicans through 2020. So it's possible the Pelicans could wait until the offseason to deal him -- especially because the Boston Celtics will be in a position to make them a stronger offer by then.

If Davis does remain in New Orleans beyond next week, it will force an awkward decision of whether to play him or bench him for the remainder of the season. Davis has missed the past six games with a finger injury, but he is expected to be healthy enough to return soon.

Davis said he intends to play when healthy: "Obviously it's a tough situation, but my intention is to still play. And when I'm able to play, I plan on suiting up."

However, Pelicans coach Alvin Gentry was noncommittal Friday, saying, "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it."

"I don't know if the trading deadline is going to mean, 'Oh, we'll sit this guy out and not play him in a particular game,'" Gentry said. "It has not been done since I've been here where we said, 'Don't play this guy because the trading deadline is tomorrow.'"

Davis acknowledged that his decision was a tough one because of his connection with teammates, the Pelicans organization and the fan base -- saying New Orleans will always have a place in his heart.

"But at the same time, I had to think about myself and my future and my career and move forward," said Davis, who has made only two playoff appearance in six-plus seasons with New Orleans since being drafted with the No. 1 pick in 2012. "I had high hopes. When you play somewhere for a long time -- seven years, six and a half, I guess -- this is all I know is New Orleans. ... But I'd say for the most part, it was just thinking about my career and my future and my legacy -- and doing what's best for me.

"I'm all about legacy. The money comes and goes. And when I get done playing or leave this earth, what is my legacy gonna be?"

Davis said the Pelicans' disappointing 23-29 start played a part in his decision -- especially after hopes were so high following last year's run to the second round of the playoffs.

But he said there was no specific moment that made him decide to request the trade and that the Pelicans have shown him "nothing but respect."

In fact, Davis said he wanted to make the trade request sooner than later, "not just for myself but out of respect for the organization" and owner Gayle Benson.

"They've done everything for me. These fans, community. So [I was] giving them an opportunity and enough time to be able to make a decision best

Back
Top Bottom