**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

these fools are gonna barely beat the grizz, might lose to pels again, then they're gonna upset the bucks watch :lol:

against the good teams they come into the game awake. gotta stop sleepwalking now man its playoff time

Bron playing Bron def again lol not engaged like in Hou

But Kuz has like.. 0 natural def ability or IQ :lol:

Kuzma saying pretty much what we've all been thinking. They play up to the competition and then don't show up against bad teams.

The only reason DLo is better than BI right now is because BK gave him the keys.

Byron and Magic turned DLo off to the point where it became contentious and he just mentally checked out.

DLo made Mozgov's deal 100 times more palatable for BK.

I'd do that trade again if presented the opportunity. DLo is good, but he's never gonna win a ring as the best player on a team.

Definitely should not have gone with a rookie FO after all that tanking. They took the entire 5 years of 'asset building' completely..COMPLETELY for granted

It's almost as bad as when the raiders traded gruden to the bucs, he whoops their *** in the Superbowl and they go on to be the worst team in the league for the next 20 years. Almost

Like I said..

I was a big fan of the Lou Williams trade. We were tanking in order to keep our top-3 protected pick and Lou's good play wasn't helping us lose. And we got a good role player for him. We make that trade 10 out of 10 times.

I was a big fan of the Lou Williams trade. We were tanking in order to keep our top-3 protected pick and Lou's good play wasn't helping us lose. And we got a good role player for him. We make that trade 10 out of 10 times.

They could have benched Lou, missed on Hart (who has shown flashes but nothing consistent) and instead just picked Kuz and Zo that year AND re-signed Lou at $7-8M per!

I don’t see Hart ever being too much better than a serviceable rotation player. And unless things get super thin again, he’s really not even a starter in this league based on his body of work.

He was cooking with gas in summer league but the reg season started and he got humbled pretty quickly. His temper also flares up a bit too much in relation to his production on court.

Lou’s current clippers contract should be reviewed by the NBA Players Association and his agent should be striped of his license for failure to perform fiduciary duties.

I didn't like it at the time, didn't like the idea of getting rid of good players in favor of losing, but I at least understood it and remember reports of Mitch talking to the jazz for what would've been a higher pick and magic saying they sent him to Houston as a favor to him. IT I honestly didn't care about but the fact that you traded Clarkson for him after getting rid of Lou..that's 3 of the better 6 men in the league that you got rid of for nothing and still haven't replaced on top of all the others they got nothing for. If you're gonna treat players like they're expendable at least have some expenditures in place

They could have benched Lou, missed on Hart (who has shown flashes but nothing consistent) and instead just picked Kuz and Zo that year AND re-signed Lou at $7-8M per!

This is one of the funniest examples of a hindsight trade I've ever seen. :lol::lol::lol:
There are so many factors that go into this that were only aware of after the fact.

There are so many factors that go into this that were only aware of after the fact.

Obviously.

But my main point was that we should have just benched Lou during that run where he was winning games for us by himself and his current contract is an abomination and only 3-4 million more than what the lakers were paying him per season.

Wasn't that the summer Mozgov ran off with the Brinks truck? Like... that's infuriating even without hindsight.

Last edited:
Wait how tf did rondo play 29 min and BI only 26? I knew that BI was in foul trouble but at some point Luke gotta role with the hot hand. Bad coaching yet again :smh:

xuwnd9r5qhi21.jpg

Back
Top Bottom