**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

This summer shouldn't be difficult.

Nail the Top 10 pick.
Sign Kawhi.
Re-sign Javale

Those 3 + Bron, Zo, Kuz, Ingram, Hart, Wagner, Caruso, Williams and one more decent vet ring chaser type.

Do that and the suit won't matter. We'll be in position to either grow around Kawhi + young core during Bron's final days, or make the play for AD and the Big 3 + 9 ring chasers.
Ur right. Pretty easy man.

Also, after signing Kawhi and nailing our pick. Trade Kuzma for AD straight up.

Also, sign Randle back and offer D’lo a prove it deal 1 year 3 mill. Bring in Caruso as back up.

Brook might need to be priority number one if the top guys decline to sign and you don't want to waste another year rolling over cap space.

Brook might need to be priority number one if the top guys decline to sign and you don't want to waste another year rolling over cap space.

Cue the “what lakers fans expect: kawhi AD Klay....what lakers got: Brook Lopez, rondo and Kcp” meme

Colin just said on the radio that the lakers already have their PBO and he’s currently in the playoffs right now :nerd:

Idk how much to believe him though

Colin just said on the radio that the lakers already have their PBO and he’s currently in the playoffs right now :nerd:

Idk how much to believe him though
Lol wut?? Lol

Colin is just amazing at what he comes up with. I think his whole mantra is “just say the craziest **** and people will watch and if you hit on 1 percent of them you can say “see I was right””

Hope we luck out and get to pick in the 2-4 spot in the draft so we can get Carsen Edwards. I see him being the only other player in the draft besides Zion who has future superstar NBA player written all over him.

Hope we luck out and get to pick in the 2-4 spot in the draft so we can get Carsen Edwards. I see him being the only other player in the draft besides Zion who has future superstar NBA player written all over him.

Ja Morant?

He’s kinda small tho
I initially thought the same thing, but dude plays "big" for his 6'1" frame. He ain't afraid to take it to the rack and dunk on fools. On top of this, he plays big in big moments, which is another intangible that makes up for his size (see Steph Curry).

The more I watched film of him during the regular season and March Madness, the more I'm enamored by his style of play and fearlessness. Every time he touches the ball, always looking like he's playing with a purpose. These are the characteristics that are missing from out team's identity. I also feel he'd complement Lonzo really well.

The thing I keep remembering is this: a bunch of teams passed up on 6'3" Donovan Mitchell, who plays more like he's 6'6"

Ja Morant?
I'd take him too but I prefer Edwards over him simply because Edwards has a pure scorer's mentality and that's what we need from the guard position - someone who can knock down 3's with regularity and is a bona-fide scoring threat each time he has the ball, someone who is proven in the clutch. Edwards broke Curry's 3-point March Madness record, and if I'm not mistaken did it in less games than Curry.

Morant just another Westbrook - he will put up numbers in the NBA but I don't see him being the clutch scorer that Edwards is tbh.

Yup, nothing difficult about that...

It's literally land one Max, and get your Top 10 draft pick right. (and sign Javale friggin McGee :lol: )

If they can do well with later picks like Kuz, Hart, Bryant, Clarkson, Nance, Zubac, then they can get the Top 10 pick right. Everyone should have faith in that.

The only real hurdle is land Kawhi. Who WANTS to be in LA. Land that guy. Land him, over the Clippers.

If you can't land a single FA who wants to be in your city, over THE CLIPPERS, nail a Top 10 pick, and re-sign Javale McGee, what're we even doin in here?

I'd take him too but I prefer Edwards over him simply because Edwards has a pure scorer's mentality and that's what we need from the guard position - someone who can knock down 3's with regularity and is a bona-fide scoring threat each time he has the ball, someone who is proven in the clutch. Edwards broke Curry's 3-point March Madness record, and if I'm not mistaken did it in less games than Curry.

Morant just another Westbrook - he will put up numbers in the NBA but I don't see him being the clutch scorer that Edwards is tbh.

If we take Carsen Edwards in a 4-10 pick I will denounce the Lakers entirely. Did you watch college ball all year or just tune in for the tournament? Even then, I don't know how the hell you came to this conclusion on him :lol:

The only real hurdle is land Kawhi. Who WANTS to be in LA. Land that guy. Land him, over the Clippers.

If you can't land a single FA who wants to be in your city, over THE CLIPPERS, nail a Top 10 pick, and re-sign Javale McGee, what're we even doin in here?

The "we are THE LAKERS and they are THE CLIPPERS" thing isn't going to work anymore. Especially with how bad things have looked in the FO from the outside looking in+Bron being the face of the team. Clipps are in the playoffs with a squad of role players and got a win against one of the best teams of all time. Also if Caruso and Wagner are key rotation players next year we will suck again.

It's literally land one Max, and get your Top 10 draft pick right. (and sign Javale friggin McGee :lol: )

If they can do well with later picks like Kuz, Hart, Bryant, Clarkson, Nance, Zubac, then they can get the Top 10 pick right. Everyone should have faith in that.

Lol lol

So land a player like zubac clarkson nance Bryant and then let him go or trade him for nothing

News flash dude: Clippers have a better owner, better GM, better coach, better role players, 6th man of the year, new arena coming etc. they are head and shoulders above us in terms of being in a better spot right now.

We don’t even know who our GM is right now. It’s all hearsay right now. Which rumor to believe.

WHAT. THE. ****.

Ya. Kawhi def choosing us over the clippers LOL

What’s crazier about this is the silence from
Ownership. Have a ******* presser and tell us who’s in charge. Maybe they don’t even know? Lol ******* idiots. Hope the Lakers lose money this year. I’d love it

Back
Top Bottom